• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I wonder how well Megabro could use a stat boosting set. Amnesia or Calm Mind seems like the best bet. And I'm not upset about Audino losing Regenerator cause the retype and defensive boosts make up for it. Both of them look cool, and Mega Audino is way better looking than normal Audino.

Does a mega-evolution give more exp than its pre-evo ?!

Unless a trainer in-game has a Mega Audino, it doesn't really matter since you can't fight these things in the wild~

So the mega evo gives more exp than its pre-evo, cool. A Mega Audino would give approximatily the same amount of exp as a Blissey XD !
I don't think she was answering your question, just stating that it's probably going to be irrelevant.

It looks like Megaudino will be an even better cleric now.

Mega Audino isn't just a good cleric; it functions very well as a wall due to its new typing for the following reasons:
- Dragon immunity
- No longer weak to Fighting moves
- Resists Dark and Bug (a big deal in Doubles since Sucker Punch is common there)

Score!

I've just been breeding Slowpoke, I've been giving them out on Wonder Trade holding King's Rocks. I'd sort of figured I might keep one behind and evolve it into a Slowbro - might be smart to sit tight and wait to find out its stats before I start any EV training.

ETA: I know it's not how Mega Evolution works, but I'd really like them to give Shellder the cone thing as a mega, or an alternate form. Actually, an alt. form(e)* would make more sense. Make them change form if they hold a Slowpoke Tail. I appreciate it's not an item that's been included in any game since Gen II, but it has bugged me since 1997 that the thing on Slowbro's tail is clearly not a Shellder. While we're souping up old pokémon, that'd be superb. Give it some Cloysteresque stats and make it Water/Poison.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Whoo Mega Slowbro. Yes, the picture in Zeb's sig is wonderful.

*(Bugged me since 2007, what the hell is up with that E?)

You'll want Bold (minimize Foul Play and Confusion damage), 252 HP/252 Def/4SDef with Scald, Calm Mind, Slack Off, and Ice Beam.

ETA: I know it's not how Mega Evolution works, but I'd really like them to give Shellder the cone thing as a mega, or an alternate form. Actually, an alt. form(e)* would make more sense. Make them change form if they hold a Slowpoke Tail. I appreciate it's not an item that's been included in any game since Gen II, but it has bugged me since 1997 that the thing on Slowbro's tail is clearly not a Shellder. While we're souping up old pokémon, that'd be superb.

Well "Form" is for non-legendary Pokémon (Castform, Unown, Cherrim, etc.) while "Forme" is for legends (Deoxys, Giratina, Kyurem, etc.)

And we've all been expecting Shellder forms (maybe even matching Cloyster forms) for years now. One to match Slowbro's Shellder (which as you said could hold a Slowpoke Tail) and one to match Slowking's Shellder (which could hold something based off of Slowpoke's head, like... Dopey Dome, or something similar...)

Unfortunately, we're about as likely to get those as we are a baby Kangaskhan, or a skull-less Cubone or a North/South Shellos. GameFreak just does not give a damn about those kinds of "irrelevant" details like we do.

Does anyone think we might be getting more Megas in ORAS than we did in XY?

We already have: Slowbro, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Altaria, Salamence, Metagross, Lopunny, Audino and Diancie. Plus there's Mega Lati@s. Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza may fall under their Mega quota, with them seeming to be Mega Evolution under a different name. And then we have the likely-but-not-revealed Sharpedo and Camerupt.

Some of those haven't been revealed, of course, but there's still three months of coverage to go and we're already over 1/3 of the XY Megas with just the revealed ones (discounting Mega Lati@s since they weren't in the games). With them not having new Pokemon AND Megas to introduce like XY did, maybe they are going all-out with a bigger batch of Megas? And frankly some of the choices for Megas so far (Lopunny and Slowbro) just seem such bizarre choices if we're only getting a smaller group. Especially now that we know more Gen IV and now Gen V Pokemon are getting Megas in these games too.

The thing I worry most about is not the amount of mega evolutions in this game, but in the next games set in a new region. Obviously we'll get new Pokemon and new mega evolutions, but I hope we get more of the former than the latter.

There are people saying that Mega Audino might just be a regular Audino evolution because one of the screenshots of Mega Audino does not have the Mega Evolution symbol next to his name. However, the name shown is still Audino's normal Korean name.

I'm assuming this is just a BETA mistake, perhaps the reason why they weren't intentionally put up in the first place?

There are people saying that Mega Audino might just be a regular Audino evolution because one of the screenshots of Mega Audino does not have the Mega Evolution symbol next to his name. However, the name shown is still Audino's normal Korean name.

I'm assuming this is just a BETA mistake, perhaps the reason why they weren't intentionally put up in the first place?

I think the same. If hackers already induced a mega appearing as a non-mega, for developers this is even easier. Sure they generated a battle directly from coding and they oversaw the Mega icon. That reminded me Pokébank pre-release screenshots featuring a female Magnezone and an Electric/Normal Jolteon.

Well, now we have a Mega Evolution scoop.

I can't really say I like these Megas though, they look really weird and almost fake looking. It's cool that Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy though, we need more Fairies. Also yay because we finally have a 5th gen Mega.

Granted, Audino and many other monsters should have naturally been labeled 'Fairy' back when Fairy was announced for a real Fairy invasion...

This is a nice push for Mega usage though and Audino's looks alright (and I'm happy she got one). Let's see everyone try roughing a Mega Audino up for EXP.

That said, that said... We sure got more than our hands can hold in terms of Megas. Having one in a battle party almost feels limiting with all the possible potential in parties these guys bring.

Last edited:
Score!

I've just been breeding Slowpoke, I've been giving them out on Wonder Trade holding King's Rocks. I'd sort of figured I might keep one behind and evolve it into a Slowbro - might be smart to sit tight and wait to find out its stats before I start any EV training.

ETA: I know it's not how Mega Evolution works, but I'd really like them to give Shellder the cone thing as a mega, or an alternate form. Actually, an alt. form(e)* would make more sense. Make them change form if they hold a Slowpoke Tail. I appreciate it's not an item that's been included in any game since Gen II, but it has bugged me since 1997 that the thing on Slowbro's tail is clearly not a Shellder. While we're souping up old pokémon, that'd be superb. Give it some Cloysteresque stats and make it Water/Poison.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Whoo Mega Slowbro. Yes, the picture in Zeb's sig is wonderful.

You'll want Bold (minimize Foul Play and Confusion damage), 252 HP/252 Def/4SDef with Scald, Calm Mind, Slack Off, and Ice Beam.

Thank you! I think mine are currently Sassy - high SpDef to catch up to its Def, and low Speed cos you might as well embrace it. Yours makes more sense, I'll see if I can switch natures. Great stuff!

Gotta say I like Mega Slowbro for some odd reason, probably because it's so different and just weird. Mega Audino looks cool, but it's not my kind of thing. At least we can say there's FINALLY a Gen V mega evolution.

I'm hoping now that Pokemon like Audino and Lopunny can get Megas that others like Marowak can get them too. Marowak needs a buff. Ground/Ghost with Parental Bond would be amazing and probably absurdly broken depending on the stats it would get.

I'm hoping now that Pokemon like Audino and Lopunny can get Megas that others like Marowak can get them too. Marowak needs a buff. Ground/Ghost with Parental Bond would be amazing and probably absurdly broken depending on the stats it would get.

Yes to the typing, and yes to the Ability! But it probably would be be broken. Which GameFreak doesn't really care about, but... it'd still be awesome.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but Metagross' mega stone is called Metagrossite, as was expected. Nintendo's UK Twitter confirmed it:

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/499181939770032128

Dangit, I was really holding out for Metaknight. Or Metanite. Anything to capitalize on that opportunity.

They already missed an opportunity with Obama's-no-white.

On topic so I don't get infracted: I like Mega Slowbro, and how he is being consumed by his parasite. It would be really interesting if there was a Mega Parasect where Parasect is trying to regain control of its body from the fungus. Would make for a happy ending to an otherwise tragic story.

Looking on Serebii.net's Facebook page, when asked why Audino didn't have the Mega Evolution next to it, he said the image was from debugging. He said it was never meant to be uploaded in the first place.

Yes to the typing, and yes to the Ability! But it probably would be be broken. Which GameFreak doesn't really care about, but... it'd still be awesome.

Not necessarily, a lot of Marowak's attack power comes from Thick Club, which he can't use if he's going to Mega Evolve. If they try to balance out his attack stat if he Mega Evolves, Parental Bond may not be so bad. And multi-hit attacks like Bonemerang aren't activated on Parental Bond IIRC.

Poor Marowak. Kangaskhan and her baby are almost literally attached at the hip while he can't even channel his dead mother's ghost. :(

Back
Top Bottom