• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What you Remember most from R/S/E and how it should be made better in OR/AS

Lord Reshiram

Tea and Scones!
Reaction score
There were a lot of things that were easy to remember from Hoenn.

The part that I remember most from Hoenn was route 110, and no, not the bycicle track.
The reason I remember it so much is because I spent alot of time encountering Elektrikes

The only thing I want from this route is more pokemon on land.

What did you find most memorable and how do you think it should be incorparated into OR/AS

Attachments

• 290px-Hoenn_Route_110_RSE.png
    290px-Hoenn_Route_110_RSE.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
What I remember most are the innovative changes - natures, abilities and double battles. I guess the best way to improve upon that would be to further utilize triple and rotation battles, but it looks like horde battles will be taking that role.

I can honestly say that what I liked most about RS were the bell chimes and the trumpets XD but also, how vast and rich the Hoenn region felt compared to the previous games and their regions. And from what we've seen so far, it's looking even better imo :D
I also really liked the double battles, as well as the diving! That's something I have missed very much, even if it hasn't been completely absent since then, it hasn't been the same so I'm definitely looking forward to the remakes and seeing what they're like ^__^

I'd love to see Hoenn-style Pokémon contests again. I had so much fun with the contests in Hoenn.

Battle Frontier. I use to bash that shit so much, I just hope it returns and is as fun.

What I remember the most are the contests. I would love to be able to do like wifi contests with friends in ORAS.

What I remember most was the story. It was crap.

To improve it, they should focus on changing absolutely everything until it becomes wholly unrecognizable.

...Seriously though, give Maxie and Archie goals that aren't completely stupid and give Rival/Wally more to do. Also, give Steven a personality.

give Rival/Wally more to do. Also, give Steven a personality.

Yes. Show us how Wally overcomes his sickness to be a great trainer, and show us more Steven. More Steven is ALWAYS welcome

I want to take a ride in the spaceship if possible :)

I remember being stuck after Roxanne's gym. I usually just skip dialogue because I was 13 back then. It took me two days to figure out I had to go back through Petalburg Woods.
And I also remember my team: Blaziken, Pelipper, Aggron, Sharpedo, Manectric and Flygon. I think at least four of them had Hyper Beam because it was the most coolest attack.

Out of everything RSE had to offer, I remembered the endless hours I've spent trying to catch Feebas on Route 119.

Game Freak should make this experience better by getting rid of Feebas spots altogether.

What I remember most was the story. It was crap.

To improve it, they should focus on changing absolutely everything until it becomes wholly unrecognizable.

...Seriously though, give Maxie and Archie goals that aren't completely stupid and give Rival/Wally more to do. Also, give Steven a personality.

New plot: Team Aqua and Team Magma are actually being funded by the governments of Kanto and Sinnoh as part of a proxy war taking place in Hoenn, just using their crazy goals as a cover. Perhaps Kanto needs TM to promote human settlement > nature because they want to start logging around Fortree, and perhaps Sinnoh needs TA to establish a large permanent base so that they can "export" their own problem with piracy.

New plot: Team Aqua and Team Magma are actually being funded by the governments of Kanto and Sinnoh as part of a proxy war taking place in Hoenn, just using their crazy goals as a cover. Perhaps Kanto needs TM to promote human settlement > nature because they want to start logging around Fortree, and perhaps Sinnoh needs TA to establish a large permanent base so that they can "export" their own problem with piracy.

I can't tell if this is meant to be sarcasm, but I do actually like this better than the actual plot of the games.

Honestly, I remember the contests and trying so hard to get Ribbons on my Pokemon. That's going to be the feature I enjoy the most out of these remakes: slapping Ribbons on my prized Pokemon. (My Riser will look like a 5 star general when I'm done! He deserves it!)

I remember how the font was repellent. I don't know how to definite but characters seem so sharp and spindly. They were not like the font of Fire Red / Leaf Green. And I expected that repellent font wouldn't be back again. But they do it the same again for Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire. I just don't like the font.

The amount of follicles I pulled from my head in my arduous journey of attaining all Gold Symbols. It was particularly aggravating at the Battle Factory, because I had so much bad luck there I swear the AI was deliberately manipulating the odds. I persevered eventually, and the feeling of pride and satisfaction was immense.

3 Things:
-The Pokenav was mindblowing as a kid. It was the same as the Pokegear, but without the random calling, and it had the cool stat screen for contests. Now its 10x better, with most features from newer stuff.
-Hoenn itself. It was and still is the most thematically cohesive region, aside from Sinnoh which felt a bit too flat apart from Mt Coronet. This really can't be done better, except maybe in the graphics department, and the diving portions. That means its now near perfect.
-I loved the open feel it had after Rustboro. There's really not much that can be done, but the Soaring does add to that feel, even if its post game.

I'm betting that there will be people experiencing Wally catching a shiny ralts, if they keep the capture tutorial. If that happens, I hope they let Wally keep his shiny. It would be cool :3

I'm betting that there will be people experiencing Wally catching a shiny ralts, if they keep the capture tutorial. If that happens, I hope they let Wally keep his shiny. It would be cool :3

The only thing worse than this would be a shiny Poochyena attacking Birch xD

More than anything I want to see the caves where you find the Regis be remade. Well-hidden in the environment, extensive several floors underground, and in order to progress solve a plethora of puzzles. Make it an adventure! I understand some don't want to decipher more braille and/or trek round the region for resource again. That was headache enough but also quite fun when you consider the time spent trying to complete the task.

More than anything I want to see the caves where you find the Regis be remade. Well-hidden in the environment, extensive several floors underground, and in order to progress solve a plethora of puzzles. Make it an adventure! I understand some don't want to decipher more braille and/or trek round the region for resource again. That was headache enough but also quite fun when you consider the time spent trying to complete the task.

I really want to see the reason behind using Braille for the Regis legend, though. Nobody explained why; there's no story regarding the Regis and about blind people in Hoenn - it was just there. I hope they provide backstory in ORAS

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom