• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Battle Frontier

What about Kyurem and Giratina?
They have to be in ORAS because it has been outright stated that the National Pokédex can be completed using just XY and ORAS.
Considering that other previous box-art legendaries are version exclusive, maybe the third in their trios will only be obtainable by having both of the other members traded to the same game (like how Rayquaza was in HGSS)?

Or you have to trade them to XY, where you get Giratina in the Cave of Emptiness and that one ice place in Kalos through DLC.

Pike Queen Lucy was scouted, and Scott is mentioned as unbeatable. Stop teasing, give us the goods.

I wonder how they'll handle the Battle Tower if the Frontier is eventually brought back. It'd be redundant in its original form with the Maison in the games.

Well it's not in the data, so the only logical explanation(s) are:

1) DLC/Patch. Never happened before in Pokémon, could be an unique new thing for them to do and gives everyone a good new surprise.
2) Next game hints. Could happen with the whole XY mysterious region hints and the Secret Souvenir and the Battle Frontier returns in a brand new type of main series game next year.
3) Just a nod to Emerald. Could just be them acknowledging Emerald without actually having the Emerald features for some mysterious reason.

There are more nods to Emerald in the Delta Episode:

1) Steven uses a preliminary version of the Entry Call (a literal translation of Match Call in Japanese) to communicate with the player. It's called Entry Call Ver. 0.09 and Steven says that Devon is still developing the full version.

2) Steven says that he wants to see the world. He won't do it right away, but he asks Wallace to replace him as the Champion during his absence.

While the second part may just be a continuity nod, the Match Call being developed alongside the Battle Frontier is telling. The feature would unlock gym rematches, which are currently missing.

I think the other theme is most likely Hoopa's theme. Either that, or some sort of sinister plot is going to happen with the Battle Resort....

Wait a minute, I might be on to something! Let's see what the Battle Resort has:
  • A copy/paste of the Battle Maison from XY, despite ORAS taking place at the same time as Red's story, but I don't think that the Battle Chatelaines have aged at all.
  • A second Day Care for no reason at all
  • A mere reference to the Battle Frontier being built, with a model of the Battle Tower instead of the actual thing despite the Battle Tower being present in the original RS
  • A Looker who seems to have lost his memory

What if all of this was planned in universe by the Battle Chatelaines, and as it turns out, they're immortal witches who are messing up the time-space continuum in order to carry out their dastardly plans? Even better; what if they are part of a cult that attempted to summon Hoopa, explaining the Rings associated with the Mirage Spots? Of course, It'll end with complete failure. Who knows. Maybe this conspiracy could be Looker's origin story? Of course, after stopping the Battle Chatlaines with help from their sister Evelyn, who wants no part of this, the timeline gets restored, and the battle Frontier is instantly put in place of the resort.

Okay, this NEEDS to happen with the Battle Frontier DLC!

Teasing it without introducing it later on would be a dick move, and it's all but confirmed ORAS will be the final games of Gen 6, so what could it be other than DLC at this point? They're talking about it being constructed in Hoenn, not some hypothetical other region, so it's not like it'd make any sense holding on until Gen 7.

Please excuse my skepticism, but we have yet to see Zygarde's 15 minutes of fame. Doubtful that GF would be done with this Gen without giving it its inevitable role.

Don't we have future Delta episodes coming out? Zygarde could make an appearance in one of them (not that it's totally necessary it does).

Either way, GameFreak went out of their way to make sure all Pokemon could be obtained between XY and ORAS (and they made a point about this in CoroCoro), and they'd leave at least a few legendaries and starters to the side if they were planning on releasing another game.
The problem with this thought process, is that the hackers have already found two more games that uses the vgc mark that is identified as ID 28 and 29, so we know there's two more games left for Generation 6.

Teasing it without introducing it later on would be a dick move, and it's all but confirmed ORAS will be the final games of Gen 6, so what could it be other than DLC at this point? They're talking about it being constructed in Hoenn, not some hypothetical other region, so it's not like it'd make any sense holding on until Gen 7.
So what are you saying is that we will get Generation 7 games in 2015? I really don't see that happening and I also doubt Game Freak will miss the opportunity of milking the series a bit more with a third version (or sequels) to XY.

Anyways, I have no idea what to expect, but I hope they announce something about the Battle Frontier soon. They just need to tell us if it is coming as DLC or only in the next Gen 6 game. As it stands now, I am not inclined to buy ORAS yet.

The problem with this thought process, is that the hackers have already found two more games that uses the vgc mark that is identified as ID 28 and 29, so we know there's two more games left for Generation 6.
Those ID numbers were put in place years ago during XY's development. Game Freak were just playing it safe as they didn't know how long this generation would be; they probably didn't even know about the New 3DS. We already know that Masuda is interested in the New 3DS, but he doesn't want to utilize it in this generation.

Suggesting that there have to be two more versions is being pretty ignorant of how development works. Game Freak originally planned to release two third versions in Generation V, but that didn't happen because Iwata was against milking the DS for no special reason.

Lastly, there are plenty of unused ID numbers from previous generations.

Reila said:
So what are you saying is that we will get Generation 7 games in 2015?
There doesn't have to be any new release next year. People are forgetting that every generation has had a gap year (at least in Japan).

There doesn't have to be any new release next year. People are forgetting that every generation has had a gap year (at least in Japan).
2016 would still be early for a new generation, considering that Generation VI feature remakes unlike Generation V (which lasted only 3 years). Unless there isn't a third Kalos game or they ignore the "gap year", I don't see Generation VII happening before 2017.

2016 would still be early for a new generation, considering that Generation VI feature remakes unlike Generation V (which lasted only 3 years). Unless there isn't a third Kalos game or they ignore the "gap year", I don't see Generation VII happening before 2017.[/FONT]
The point is that there doesn't have to be another Kalos game, as strongly implied by Masuda.

Generation VII will almost definitely be released in 2016. They want to use the New 3DS, but by 2017 it will be too late for that.

Romdump also contains a mini volcanion bit on tv with Brandon roaming Kaols. At this point I think DLC for both XY and ORAS which connect the regions even further through various plot scenarios is a given at this point.

Pokemon z and ZΔ confurmed!

There's definitely not going to be anymore games this gen Firepanda, its clear from these games that they are going to make due with two games.
-All legends available.
-All Starters.
-Games are closely tied to each other, despite the in-universe time discrepancies.

Even if you were joking, I'm just throwing it out here for everyone. Makes me wonder what's gonna happen next that's for sure. My guess would be for ORAS the Battle Frontier DLC would have:
-The Frontier
-Some new megas.
-A Hoopa Subplot, ties in with looker most likely.
-A general epilogue to both the Delta Episode and the main game, we're missing Wally's rematch, and the other 5 characters.

I don't know why Gamefreak are treating Emerald as some sequel to R/S when it is in fact just a enhanced version of R/S. I think that GF might have something with the Frontier.
They did mention that that there will be surprises in the games so who knows.

One of the Battle Chatelaines says as follows:

You really are the Trainer I thought you were, aren’t you now, pet? Heh heh... Might I ask something? Would you consider becoming the owner here? Me sisters and I have to be returning to our Battle Maison in Kalos someday. I suppose we’d feel safe trusting you with the Battle Maison name. There would also be the matter of our plans to build an even more impressive battle facility in the area. If we get our ducks in a row now, we may make oodles when we leave here.
It seems that they want to sell the Hoenn Battle Maison in the near future as it will give them a lot of money due to the Frontier plans. This makes me wonder if the Battle Maison might be overhauled so as not to make the Battle Tower redundant. Instead of the player challenging NPCs in the Battle Maison, perhaps they will be challenged by other trainers (NPCs and/or other players).

It seems that they want to sell the Hoenn Battle Maison in the near future as it will give them a lot of money due to the Frontier plans. This makes me wonder if the Battle Maison might be overhauled so as not to make the Battle Tower redundant. Instead of the player challenging NPCs in the Battle Maison, perhaps they will be challenged by other trainers (NPCs and/or other players).

If they give you the Battle Maison, it seems like the perfect place to hold gym leader rematches if they decide to make the mechanic more similar to HgSs rather than random calls in Emerald.

One of the Battle Chatelaines says as follows:

You really are the Trainer I thought you were, aren’t you now, pet? Heh heh... Might I ask something? Would you consider becoming the owner here? Me sisters and I have to be returning to our Battle Maison in Kalos someday. I suppose we’d feel safe trusting you with the Battle Maison name. There would also be the matter of our plans to build an even more impressive battle facility in the area. If we get our ducks in a row now, we may make oodles when we leave here.
This all points to the fact that the Frontier could be a DLC as they are giving too many hints of it coming unless they make a Hoenn Sequel which is unlikely.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom