• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 1 Story starts from N0 plot (2015-02-11)

Vote: Marius

Why? You could at least add a reason. From what I saw, everyone else so far has posted a reason, and I think people have stopped voting for me. My position on RS was explained. I defended myself, and it seemed to be cleared up. Is there something that you would like to add, or do you want to ask me a question? Either of those could easily have been put in this post... just saying...

RS seems very blatant to me as he has in other mafia games, but there is a depth of vagueness to him as well.

Yeah, and he might not have a role others would think is that good, in my BD Mafia he made his role out to be really important IIRC but it didn't turn out that useful. Roles are generally helpful though so it could be anything.
So you're saying that it could be possible that RS might be claiming that he "has a role that we cannot afford to lose" just to stay alive?

This is my first Mintaka game and just by judging how Phoenicks got some inspiration from one of her games, I would like to think that there might be some complexity to this game.

HD desu said:
Je suis Leggo said:
I'd also be wary of HD since he's pulling out the probability card and doing the chances of others being mafia "4/(16 minus the one player that is him)" which means that he's calling himself town when no one is confirmed atm.
I never said anything about me being confirmed Town, but if you are playing the game and are Town, the odds are 4/15 for everyone, and 4/16 for a spectator. I don't see what's wrong with it either, I only meant to use it as mild justification for giving her the majority without saying the whole "votes help!!" philosophy.
I know, but I felt a bit alarmed that you took yourself out of the probability when we don't even know if you're really town.

Though, I do have to admit my FoS is also contributed to my paranoia that you might be mafia. It doesn't hurt to be too wary, imo.

Sure, Day 1 could give reads, but reads are not set in stone and are prone to change.
Unvote: Marius
Vote: Leggo

Her posts are a bit too neutral right now. I'd like to hear more from her, perphaps get a few of her reads on people so far.
I understand why neutrality would look scummy, but I personally think that a little of neutrality once in a while doesn't hurt anyone as long as there's not too much vagueness mixed up in the neutrality cake.

My reads
I tried to put some pretty colors for Valentine's Day <3

Where art thou?
Soulmaster
Flop

Leaning town of pasta
Rabbit

Hoping is town
Marius
CrackFox
HumanDawn
Life
Midorikawa

Doing his usual safe thing
Denial

Need more data sauce
Drey
Parma
The_Pikachu

Neutral
Stuntology

Iffy
RainbowSkittles

Water you doing, sir?
Phoenicks
I wouldn't be surprised if some people in the "Hoping is town" category is mafia.

of note-77: classic defense post, didn't bother voting for either human or pikachu, opting to fos instead. strategic move to get someone else to take up the mantle.
I didn't think of my FoS like that. Maybe I should have voted for them, but I didn't think they were worth voting for.
So the FoS was only there for my personal note. Kind of weak of me, I know.

I'm getting tired of trying to pressure vote Soulmaster and nothing really comes out of it since he doesn't respond to my questions (going by meta here). ):
Plus, he might be busy.

Vote: Flop

She kept her joke vote on CrackFox and seemed to have disappeared today (she might be busy, idk).

Vote: Marius

Why? You could at least add a reason. From what I saw, everyone else so far has posted a reason, and I think people have stopped voting for me. My position on RS was explained. I defended myself, and it seemed to be cleared up. Is there something that you would like to add, or do you want to ask me a question? Either of those could easily have been put in this post... just saying...

You're getting touchy for a random vote with no explanation.

You're one of the last people I'd expect to make random votes without explanation, especially late in the phase.

@Phoenicks; I would like to still know your reasoning for that vote?

Isn't that typical Phoenicks, doing something random on D1 to generate discussion? Since it's D1, there aren't that many scum reads.and personally I see this post as a way to generate discussion. However, it is odd that to do this he voted on a well discussed and well voted person.

The only discussion I can see that generating is us asking him what his intentions are, which he doesn't seem keen to answer.

The only discussion I can see that generating is us asking him what his intentions are, which he doesn't seem keen to answer.

This could be true; I'm just speculating. I would like to see his reasoning though

My work ended late (and I missed dinner) so I'll be updating two hours later than planned. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I thought we were past the random voting stage? To be honest, I probably wouldn't have cared if you'd joke-voted me before discussion got started, but now I think we're past all that.

That wasn't me being touchy, that was me being curious as to your reasoning, which I would still like to see.

@Leggo; it's true I was busy, I had Jekyll and Hyde and then I went straight to bed. However, you may not have noticed, but I did unvote CF earlier but haven't voted someone else because I have literally no reads, other than a few weak town reads that I shall put together in a second.
Edit: they are:
Marius
Midori
HD
CF
Stunt

I think I will Vote: Denial because although he's been playing the same as usual, it's a lazy playstyle and about time he got off the fence.

Last edited:

That wasn't me being touchy, that was me being curious as to your reasoning, which I would still like to see.

This sounds like more than mere curiosity:

From what I saw, everyone else so far has posted a reason, and I think people have stopped voting for me. My position on RS was explained. I defended myself, and it seemed to be cleared up. Is there something that you would like to add, or do you want to ask me a question? Either of those could easily have been put in this post... just saying...

You fielded a full-fledged defense against a post that contained no reasoning at all. Why care?

@Phoenicks;
Could you stop with the red herrings and explain why you voted Marius?

@Phoenicks; I hope you know that your actions right now only serves to derail the thread and hold up the actual discussion that could get us somewhere.

Voting for someone without any kind of reason isn't really acceptable. Even a joke reason lets the player know the context of the vote. Just voting someone and then using the fact that it gets their back up against them is unfair. I'd be surprised if Marius wasn't bothered by it. It bothers players that it wasn't even directed at.

Vote Count
Leggo: 4
RainbowSkittles: 1
Flop: 1.5
Marius: 1
Crackfox: 1
Denial: 1

---

While the sun was up, players were busy discussing during, perhaps, the most difficult phase of the whole game - the first ever Day phase that starts with a clean sheet.

"Can't we just relax during the first phase? We don't have real clues anyway."
"We need to make full use of every phase, don't say that!"
"But what can we say other than, 'trust me, I'm a townie, please' then, huh?"

However, in the end, players reached a conclusion. There was a player to be kicked out.

"You there, who looks like Leggo, I'm sorry to say that your attitude bothers me."

MUUmrIM.gif

"What? All I've done was express my suspicions and give reasons. Why do you call that out of ordinary?"
"You seem desperate not to intervene in arguments."
"I even gave my reads wtf- stop damaging me with those brainwaves, it already hurts when you are giving me that suspicious look!"

However, the time was up.
Even for this player who was known to be strong in arguments, being voted as a top suspect hurt in terms of brainwave damage.

"Ow! Damn it, why does it hurt so much to be lynched, this isn't like before-"

Suddenly the person who had the identity of Leggo in the cyber space vanished leaving only slight traces of sparks in the air.

However, players already knew that they...
...screwed up.
At least for the New Age players anyway.

The cyber space did give enough time for the dead player to show their true identity before being kicked out of the game.

~

Meanwhile, in a dark room, he smashed a fist on the desk.
He couldn't access The War Room anymore. Whether this was temporary or not, he would not know.
However, what bothered the person the most was that...while he did remember entering this realm for some reason, for some goal...he could not remember.

The process of being kicked out of this mafia game came with heavy costs...the player forgot memories of any activities in The War Room other than the usual fun time playing mafia games.
"I know that I was in there for some reason...why? I was so busy arguing with people but I cannot remember why!"

Mintaka said:
Dear Leggo,

You are HumanDawn.

First as a player: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Mafia, July 2012
First as a host: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia, October 2012

A fierce mafia game player who leaves other players nervous in fear of being poked for information, you are not afraid to argue and take actions for survival.

Strong in debates, your strength grows depending on your situation in Day phase’s arguments. Depending on the number of players naming you as their suspect to be lynched, your vote’s strength increases.
1-2 players voting for you: Your vote equals 1
3-4 players voting for you: Your vote equals 1.5
5-7 players voting for you: Your vote equals 2
More than 7: Your vote equals 3

You belong to the New Age and win when you get rid of all Veterans. Good luck.

All he could do was hope that whatever goal he aimed for was fulfilled by others he could not remember.

tumblr_n4t2pn9VNA1qap972o4_r4_250.gif

Sorry New Age members. Better get working, you lost a teammate.

And okay, I know this guy is a villain but I had to find good reaction-style gifs, and I haven't watched Arc V at all so this is the second best option

Leggo was lynched.
She was 'HumanDawn', and was a New Age player.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1.
FOR THOSE SENDING IN NIGHT ACTIONS, GET BUSY!

Also in case for those that have not posted at all, the end of Night 1 is the 72nd hour.
If you're busy, at least let me know so that I won't sub you out mistaking you as inactive.

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 1 Time for actions! (2015-02-13)

Damn. RIP Leggo.

"However, players already knew that they...
...screwed up.
At least for the New Age players anyway."

Anyone else thinks this means that some mafia players were on the wagon?

And @Flop; it might be a lazy playstyle to you and probably many other players but I like to play the game my way. I'm not going to change my playstyle and how I view things in mafia games because some people don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom