• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 1 Story starts from N0 plot (2015-02-11)

I have made the mistake of not knowing Rs's play style and I think I ended up leading his lynch in a game (don't remember which one) and he ended up being town.

That being said, I am also not that good in determining someone's playstyle.

Well, I'm afraid that actually puts the votes at a tie again, so now I'll Vote: Crackfox to break it. As for Marius, she's been gone for a while, and I don't know how many games both she and RS were in before that, so I'd say she may well not be that used to his playstyle. Calling attention to him like that is something I'd agree was a mistake, but I'd say it's just that.

Care to explain why you are voting CF other than to break the tie?
UNVOTE: HumanDawn
VOTE: Rabbit

There is no other reason. I voted for the same reason I voted before, to try and spark something. Out of the two I could put any sort of pressure on right now, CF is the one who's done less. It's still early in the phase, there's plenty of time for that to change. Now then, you seem to disagree. Who do you want to push?

There is no other reason. I voted for the same reason I voted before, to try and spark something. Out of the two I could put any sort of pressure on right now, CF is the one who's done less. It's still early in the phase, there's plenty of time for that to change. Now then, you seem to disagree. Who do you want to push?
Pushing people like @Soulmaster; @Stuntology; @Phoenicks; would help more, imo, but personally I don't vote for pressure as some don't handle pressure well while others can. Your logic seems a bit off, as personally you could put equal pressure on either one, but I don't find it really that scummy.
UNVOTE: Rabbit

Your logic seems a bit off, as personally you could put equal pressure on either one

I explained why I didn't go for Marius.
As for Marius, she's been gone for a while, and I don't know how many games both she and RS were in before that, so I'd say she may well not be that used to his playstyle. Calling attention to him like that is something I'd agree was a mistake, but I'd say it's just that.
She's already been active and shown an opinion. Crackfox hasn't yet.

Not going to vote this phase because I don't like voting Day 1 because I don't like taking part in a lynch where the town is just going off of mostly joke votes.

But did nobody else notice that Rabbit voted Marius (Who now has two votes because of him) and never talked again?

That depends on the lynch, not all Day 1 lynches are joke wagons, I think most votes are placed to help move the game around so people could have something more to talk about. Granted I don't think votes are the only thing that help Day 1, but they're really useful and more effective than some questioning ;).

RS seems very blatant to me as he has in other mafia games, but there is a depth of vagueness to him as well.

Yeah, and he might not have a role others would think is that good, in my BD Mafia he made his role out to be really important IIRC but it didn't turn out that useful. Roles are generally helpful though so it could be anything.

I'd also be wary of HD since he's pulling out the probability card and doing the chances of others being mafia "4/(16 minus the one player that is him)" which means that he's calling himself town when no one is confirmed atm.

I never said anything about me being confirmed Town, but if you are playing the game and are Town, the odds are 4/15 for everyone, and 4/16 for a spectator. I don't see what's wrong with it either, I only meant to use it as mild justification for giving her the majority without saying the whole "votes help!!" philosophy.

Plus, this probability stuff was reminding me of my Genetics class that I do need to study for since I have an exam tomorrow, so I kind of got intimidated by the numbers and didn't want to dwell into that.

FoS: HumanDawn, The_Pikachu

You dwelled on them anyway, and I find your FoS hard to believe since you just assumed what I thought based on nothing. Of course I wouldn't think I'm confirmed Town already, and if I really did, I'd know I'd look scummy beforehand, and you should know that I'm experienced enough to not imply or go claiming I'm Town already. Everyone should know from their Role PM their alignment already, and if you know you're Town you'd know from your perspective that whoever I'd vote would have a 4/15 chance of being Mafia.

UNVOTE: Crackfox
VOTE: Leggo

EDIT: I'd like to see what Midorikawa responds before commenting.

@HumanDawn; I'm not sure what you want me to respond to. I find it very important to know playstyles, as RS has a playstyle where he has literally came out as mafia, and its pretty unique. I don't really have a response to anything else at this current time. Though I do agree with voting Leggo right now since I would like to hear more from her.

UNVOTE: Marius

@HumanDawn; I'm not sure what you want me to respond to. I find it very important to know playstyles, as RS has a playstyle where he has literally came out as mafia, and its pretty unique. I don't really have a response to anything else at this current time. Though I do agree with voting Leggo right now since I would like to hear more from her.

UNVOTE: Marius

I meant in responding to Life, how can you have nothing to say about that?

@HumanDawn; Simply because I have my opinions and he has his. It'll just end up round about. As I said, people should learn playstyles, or at the least, the ones that are easy to learn. And other than returning players such as someone like Zenax who is not in this game, I'm pretty sure everyone has played a game with RS. If you are expecting me to freak out over him being suspicious on me, I won't. Players defend players. RS is the kind that if mafia usually ends up admitting to it somehow, and considering his posts, I think he's town this game. When he's town he almost always claims like that, and plenty know that. Thus to highlight it is something I find counterproductive because if he's something like cop, then that just highlighted him claiming, when in the other stuff, his post could have gotten lost due to it's little bit of quantity compared to other posts such as leggos.

@Rabbit; I'm not particularly worried about the votes on me, there's still plenty of time left. If I had to make a defense for myself it would consist of, i've done nothing to warrant being lynched, don't lynch me because i'm Town. That's really all I can say in rebuttal right now.

Thoughts on players. First of all, although I have played games with RS before, for one reason or another I don't have a soild idea of his playstyle. In my experience he is usually quite quiet and even inactive at the best of times. Drawing attention to himself and practically offering to claim out of nowhere doesn't seem like something scum would do though. For now, i'm not worried about his intentions.

Midorikawa. Well I understand her point about RS but the part I don't like is implying that those who are anaylsing his actions are drawing attention to the fact that he could have a power role. That's not our fault. If RS does have a power role, he has brought the attention on himself for pretty much no reason I can see. Also, implying that RS playstyle is par for the course and everyone should know that is a bit presumptuous. To myself, and the majority of people it would seem, his playstyle isn't one that ever stands out in games. We could ignore his actions and hope that the Mafia overlook him but he could easily be Mafia who wants us to do that. Subtly suggesting he might have a strong role is already making people feel somewhat protective of him, Mido is the proof of that. It's not a bad tactic and when you are Mafia your individual playstyle doesn't really matter, decisions are made in groups and your behavior is influenced by the whole group. Bottom line is, I think Mido is coming across as a little too trusting of him. Fine if he is indeed Town but if he isn't, the FoS will be pointed at her.

Denial. He's acting perfectly normally. Doesn't want to lynch anyone or theorise in the early stages. It looks a lot like sitting on the fence but i've come to recognise it as his approach to D1 so town for now.

HumanDawn. Not worried about the vote on me, it was not made with conviction and I like that he chose me. Someone who is likely to argue back and challenge him. Indicates he's not afraid of confrontation which is a positive sign. Town for now.

Rabbit. Not sure. I like that he is getting involved a lot and he hasn't said anything scummy either. I'd say neutral for now.

Life. The post he made against Midorikawa I thoroughly agreed with. I sense Town vibes.

The_Pikachu. Not saying much or offering posts with much substance. A little suspicious right now.

Marius. Neutral. She's contributing a fair bit and she doesn't seem all that phased with the votes on her. I'm getting a chilled vibe which is good. Indicates not having a guilty conscience. She has proven quite a good liar in the past though so she's one I watch extra carefully.

Unvote: Marius
Vote: Leggo

Her posts are a bit too neutral right now. I'd like to hear more from her, perphaps get a few of her reads on people so far.

@CrackFox; You claim that my posts do not contain much substance. Explain what this "substance" is that you're looking for and why it determines whether or not I look scummy.

Even though I think the interest in voting them's been extinguished, I'll still vote for Vote: Rainbowskittles. You claimed to have a useful role with almost no provocation, putting a massive target on your back from the mafia if you're telling the truth, a huge liability, which I think is less likely than it being a bluff to get Marius' vote off of you (I have no idea why it worked).

And Denial, I think it's too early to count yourself out of the phase. It's useless to say you won't vote before anything's even happened. Wait until the end of the phase if you're going to say it, so there's a reason for it.

As for Leggo, I don't agree with what he said about 'counting yourself as a town member makes you suspicious'. Everybody's going to do it. I don't quite understand why he's being voted for, though. I'll have a reread.

And Denial, I think it's too early to count yourself out of the phase. It's useless to say you won't vote before anything's even happened. Wait until the end of the phase if you're going to say it, so there's a reason for it.

I'm in school at the end of the phase. And it was a little bit early but I was just trying to give players who don't know that I usually do this a heads up so I don't get called out for it later. And when I said I wasn't going to vote this phase doesn't mean I was trying to count myself out of the phase. And if something significant and huge comes up then I probably will vote but that hasn't happened yet. I'm still willing to contribute if something involves me or someone wants to know my opinion but if that does happen, I'm still not going to vote as I feel that more things have to happen.

Last edited:

Even though I think the interest in voting them's been extinguished, I'll still vote for Vote: Rainbowskittles. You claimed to have a useful role with almost no provocation, putting a massive target on your back from the mafia if you're telling the truth, a huge liability, which I think is less likely than it being a bluff to get Marius' vote off of you (I have no idea why it worked).

I never wanted a lynch on RS. I only placed my vote on him to spark discussion and get a reasonable explanation for his behavior, which I believe I got, so I removed my vote.

@CrackFox; You claim that my posts do not contain much substance. Explain what this "substance" is that you're looking for and why it determines whether or not I look scummy.

I'd regard substance to translate as posts that provoke some thought. Things like making observations or expressing a different view. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts and opinions. Giving short answers or posts that don't add anything to the discussion is often construed as a bit scummy. I'm not saying you are. I was pointing out that atm you haven't done anything that makes me think you aren't.

I know there's a bunch of people I missed out when giving mine, that's because I don't have any opinion of them yet. I really want to hear more from the inactives too.

Unvote: CrackFox
I see no reason to keep my vote. I don't know who to change it to, though.

Vote: Marius

vote: leggo

Their posts so far have leaned neutral.

of note-77: classic defense post, didn't bother voting for either human or pikachu, opting to fos instead. strategic move to get someone else to take up the mantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom