• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Excuse me fellas. I like to ask you something. I just got three Unova Starters with the HA today. What are the best movesets for those three Unova Starters? Could it be bold as Serperior best nature with the item Leftovers? The move Leaf Storm,Glare,Substitute,and Dragon Tail?

I can't really see Serperior as something fat and fully supportive. While it does have usable bulk, Grass is just too bad of a defensive typing (defensive Grass-types make it up with either a secondary typing in Steel or Poison, like Amoonguss, or obscene defensive stats, like Tangrowth). I say Timid nature and 3 attacks+support move of choice (incl. Knock Off) for a sweeping+wallbreaking set

Lol that Diamond Storm on his Latios was brilliant. But yeah, Wp= Well Played. Be grateful, because not everyone on showdown is as courteous X( (as I'm sure you know).

Was it really? Lol, I didn't really know what he'd go into. I did predict a switch to avoid Earth Power, but I didn't think it was all that uch of a play~ XP And yeah, this was a rare case of a pretty courteous dude for thinking so~ Thanks~ :3

I know it's kinda stupid, but...

I think I'm nearing the end of the Delta Episode (I'm at the part where Zinnia blitz attacks Maxie and steals his Key Stone.), and I know you catch Rayquaza. Anyway, what do you think the Nature and IVs I should aim for when trying to catch Rayquaza?

I know it's kinda stupid, but...

I think I'm nearing the end of the Delta Episode (I'm at the part where Zinnia blitz attacks Maxie and steals his Key Stone.), and I know you catch Rayquaza. Anyway, what do you think the Nature and IVs I should aim for when trying to catch Rayquaza?
I'd go with either Adamant or Jolly, so you'll want the perfect IVs to be at least be on Attack and Speed.

It can run STAB, but it doesn't need it
Standard is Fire Blast/Explosion/Taunt/Pebbles

Edit: Nvm, I found the answer I was looking for elsewhere.

Last edited:
I am trying to mix up my regular VGC Trick Room stratergy with a Sand Room team and I was thinking of using a Mega Steelix as what I like to call a Curse-Baller (i.e. a 'mon with the moves curse and Gyro Ball) to take advantage of its Sand Force Ability... Is that such a good idea or should I just stick to my regular Curse-Baller, Ferrothorn?

Hey everyone, quick question:

In the Battle Maison, I'm running a Doubles Team with Mega Gardevoir & Togekiss leading and a Blaziken and Metagross as the 3rd and 4th Pokemon in waiting. The core has surprisingly performed well but lost a relatively close battle against Evelyn @ Battle 50. I was wondering if there are any suggestions to improve the team - perhaps some changes to specifically counter the Chatelaine's team.

The strategy as one could guess is Togekiss uses Follow Me reliably on the first turn while Gardevoir goes to Mega Gardevoir and rips through the opposition with a Hyper Voice. In the event steel type Pokemon open, I usually switch to Blaziken and Metagross - Blaziken uses Protect and Metagross uses Earthquake. From there, I usually can manage the battle pretty well.

I was thinking of perhaps replacing Focus Blast / Thunderbolt with Calm Mind and using that the first turn as Togekiss uses Follow Me. From there, Gardevoir's decent speed almost ensures it would belt out a +1 Hyper Voice, which with STAB will do solid damage unless it's resisted.

On Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, I like to make my in-game team as competitive as possible (EV Training, using DexNav for IVs, ect.), but I'm not sure what else I should put into my team.

So far I have (and planning to get) Swampert, Poison Heal Breloom, Mega Aggron, and Hydreigon. I'm not sure what I the other two Pokemon should be.
Just to let you guys know though, I'm trying to have my team exclude Legendarys (Even ones that aren't in Ubers, like Azelf.) and excluding Pokemon you can find in Hoenn after beating the game (Some Pokemon can be found right after defeating/capturing Groudon/Kyogre.).

Azumarill with Assult Vest
Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
What should be the last move? I'm running Ice Punch for Grass types.

Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet

Knock Off for utility and Dark/Fairy coverage or Superpower for Ferrothorn, your choice. Either way, Belly Drum is a better set than AV, fyi, since BD + Aqua Jet + Knock Off are all legal together now

FYI, I've been inactive because I've been dealing with IRL issues. I'm just letting you guys know that I'm still alive.

Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet

Knock Off for utility and Dark/Fairy coverage or Superpower for Ferrothorn, your choice. Either way, Belly Drum is a better set than AV, fyi, since BD + Aqua Jet + Knock Off are all legal together now

No use for Ice Punch? How will I deal with Grass-types?
Also, Azelf SR/Taunt/Psychic/Explosion how should I EV that? Also, is Taunt obligatory?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom