• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Again, Goodra leaving not to surprising to me. Doesn't make it any better to have Ash not get some Seasons worth of Dragon type experience as a trainer. Kinda liked little dragon slime. However, looking at the bright side, two more slots for other Pokemon, which hopefully get filled with at least a Phantump.

A pity about Goodra leaving. I'm going to miss that gastropod.

So what do you guys think this means for the last two slots of Ash's team now? The number of potential captures he can get now is drastically reduced since so many major characters have called dibs on most of the 6th gen Pokemon already, unless the writers surprise us by pulling a Torkoal or something.

I really want to say Honedge, I've always wanted Ash to get a ghost type and the sword Pokemon has yet to have a real debut yet.

As for the other... maybe Tyrantrum? Seeing as trainers like Grant and that wandering musician from Sinnoh trainers are allowed to catch fossil Pokemon now...

There's also the possibility they might give him a past gen Pokemon to show off Ash using mega evolution... no clue which one though.

Also, I'm sorry to fans of the two Pokemon, but I'm really hoping he doesn't get Gogoat and/or Avalugg. Sorry, but they just come across as ridiculously boring and predictable to have on his team, and I'm really hoping they mix things up this generation.

Am I the only one thinking that Goodra might be released but that Florges it battles in XY069 is captured by Ash?

Ash doesn't need to make his team any smaller at this point, and there's only so many Pokemon left for him to potentially catch. It would also explain the appearance of one on that poster for the Pikachu short.

The options for Ash's two slots imo are: Noibat, Bergmite, Skiddo/Phantump or Honedge.

An Avalugg on Ash's team would be awesome, Bergmite could pull a Glalie.

Am I the only one thinking that Goodra might be released but that Florges it battles in XY069 is captured by Ash?

Ash doesn't need to make his team any smaller at this point, and there's only so many Pokemon left for him to potentially catch. It would also explain the appearance of one on that poster for the Pikachu short.

The Florges in the short is of the red variant while the one in the episode is blue.

Like I said many pages ago, chances are that Ash's two Pokemon left are a 2-stage Kalos Pokemon and a Pokemon with Mega evolution he already owns. There isn't much time for anything else, because there are also the obvious evolutions of Talonflame and Greninja in the queue.

The only addition on the main cast I can realistically see happen prior to M18 is the Noibat in the short, and even then I can't see Ash getting it.

Since by releasing Goodra 15 episodes after capture from a Goomy, they want us to completely forget about the Pokemon as if it never existed, and yet in Episode 76 is a Noibat episode, where because of the Pikachu short Noibat seems like 75% chance of being caught as opposed to not being caught. And there's a stronger probability that it won't be Ash that captures it.

So then let me get this straight:

Between the Diancie Movie and the Hoopa Movie:

1. Ash's Froakie evolves
2. Serena catches a Pancham and evolves Fennekin
3. Clemont catches Luxio and evolves Luxio
4. "Jessie evolves Pumpkaboo?"
5. Someone other than Ash catches Noibat

Yeah, the writers hate Ash so much and yet I thought XY was different to BW.

Why couldn't Ash catch Noibat
Let's look at this logically from a writing perspective (not saying that I am a writer or anyone here is a writer of the show) but I mean the logic of the writing such as from the story's perspective.

Writer 1: Ash is reaching his 4th gym badge, and we're getting to his 5th gym badge soon, we need to give Ash a Pokemon because the 4 he has now is not going to cut it.
Writer 2: Yeah something to help with his battle against Clemont, it's too weak to electric. So how about Phantump or Skiddo?
Writer 1: No, that would be the most obvious route, what else would be good against electric types? We can't give Ash a Diggersby the ONLY legitimate ground type because Clemont has Bunnelby.
Writer 2: Dragon types resist electric types
Write 1: Yes, and I have the perfect Pokemon for Ash.
Executive Producer: Yes, Goodra would be a nice Pokemon for Ash, but it would feel too cheap to give him a Pokemon so powerful so soon, we need Ash to release the Pokemon right after the gym battle.
Writer 1: But that's right before the movie, we need to compensate Ash for losing his 5th Pokemon, having only 4 Pokemon is why Ash had to catch a Pokemon in the first place.
ExePro: Sure whatever, have him catch a Pokemon right before the movie, I'll approve whatever you give me (within reason).
*Later unsure of what to give Ash*
Writer 2: You know Valerie is right after Clemont, she has fairy types, I wonder if there's any way we can spice up that battle, to give Ash a challenge.
Writer 1: AHA I know! Fairy types are immune to Dragon types, let's get rid of Goodra and replace it with a Noibat.
Writer 2: Hey that's not a bad idea.

Episode 76 (21 episodes after Goomy's capture, 11 episodes after Goodra's release) Ash catches Noibat.

My response: Why the hell didn't you just give Ash Noibat to begin with, and evolve it into Noivern right before the Clemont gym battle, and just have Ash keep Noivern, seeing as how Noivern isn't as POWERFUL, there would be no reason to release it. After all Goomy fully evolved within 10 episodes, had to evolve twice. Noibat could have evolved within 13 episodes.

Sure, Noibat is a much better Pokemon to market than Goomy/Sliggoo so keeping it as a Noibat for a long while actually would make sense, and having it be Noibat vs Spritzee would make a lot of sense. But then again Valerie was supposed to have Sylveon, and Valerie is supposed to be a challenge. To make this even worse Ash should have a fully evolved team member by now. Valerie having level 40 Pokemon in her team implies, that the player should have fully evolved most of his or her Pokemon within the games. Having Talonflame would have been the most likely option.

Ash is unlikely to battle Valerie with any fully evolved Pokemon if we believe that the gym battle with Valerie takes place in XY074.

I think that Noibat is going to Jessie, because if you remember weel the next performance is a Double performance and Wobbuffet can't do attacking moves and it would be hard to write a performance with that limitation (She can use Inkay, but still). Maybe James catches Noibat and trades it for Jessie's Pumpkaboo.

And it's pretty obvious that the writers planned that Goomy was going to be released before it was captured. My theory is that they wanted to do another version of the Larvitar arc with more development.

Noibat would certainly have an interesting movepool and battling style, but again, 3 flying types for Ash?

Everyone listen up Goodra's release is still not confirmed yet and as long as it is that way there is still a small chance it might stay with ash and just because the evidvence in trailers, movie bios show other wise doesn't mean it may or may not happen

I hate when they release pokemon, hope they find a way to bring Goodra back (assuming the rumor is true)

This image is from the manga adaptation of the Hoopa movie. Apparently the Gourgeist in the Movie 18 short is a wild Pokémon, and Jessie's Pumpkaboo won't evolve after all.

This image is from the manga adaptation of the Hoopa movie. Apparently the Gourgeist in the Movie 18 short is a wild Pokémon, and Jessie's Pumpkaboo won't evolve after all.

This. Doesn't make sense.

No Pumpkaboo in the first movie or Pikachu short.

Now a random wild Gourgeist is being marketed to death but still no Pumpkaboo. Seriously what the hell! Do they just don't like Jessie's Pumpkaboo, because I'm sure its a lot better Pokemon for a Pikachu short than Gourgeist.

I don't know, to me it's really odd that Pumpkaboo would be completely absent from advertising the movie while conveniently there's its evolution for all of that. I'm more inclined to believe that the manga is the one that's got it wrong then the entire marketing team, but we'll see.

I don't know, to me it's really odd that Pumpkaboo would be completely absent from advertising the movie while conveniently there's its evolution for all of that. I'm more inclined to believe that the manga is the one that's got it wrong then the entire marketing team, but we'll see.

If Gourgeist is a wild Pokemon, that also means that Noibat, Snorlax, Gothita, Torchic and Florges are also probably wild Pokemon.

If Gourgeist is a wild Pokemon, that also means that Noibat, Snorlax, Gothita, Torchic and Florges are also probably wild Pokemon.

Based on Noibat's placement above Wobbuffet and Inkay (TRio's Pokémon) here, it is likely that it will be caught by a member of the main cast in the near future. The others are most likely wild Pokémon.

So Goodra was missing from the Gaogao All Stars clip while the cast's other Pokemon were all shown. Can we assume that he's really leaving now?

So Goodra was missing from the Gaogao All Stars clip while the cast's other Pokemon were all shown. Can we assume that he's really leaving now?

Gourgeist was also in the ending, damn they really hate Jessie's Pumpkaboo if isn't evolving.

Noibat was also seen in the ending among Ash's team, so it looks like Ash will get it.

Attachments

• sC83370.png
    sC83370.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 297
Looked at the new ending, and it doesn't really indicate who will catch the Noibat and the Eevee. All we know is that both will be caught by members of the main cast (not TRio) for different reasons:

1) Noibat showed up after Fletchinder but before Wobbuffet and TRio's Pokémon on the character list for the short on TV TOKYO.
2) TRio's Pokémon were shown on the sidelines of the stage. Noibat and Eevee were shown with the protagonist Pokémon on the center stage.

People are going about saying the Noibat belongs to Ash because of X and Eevee belongs to Serena because of Y. But we don't have proof of either yet. Both Pokémon were featured alongside Pokémon belonging to many characters at many points in the ending. The Noibat shot with TRio's Pokémon also had Bunnelby and Pikachu in it. The Eevee shot with Braixen and Pancham also had Chespin, Dedenne, and Gourgeist in it.

And Jessie's Pokémon is apparently a Gourgeist. I have no clue why the anime and the manga contradict so much, but anime trumps over manga canon so...

Noibat was also seen in the ending among Ash's team, so it looks like Ash will get it.

Dedenne was shown in that shot as well. That image was from the last few seconds of the ending in which all of the main cast's Pokemon gather at once in no particular order. So, it doesn't confirm Noibat at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom