• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

~ BW tier writing.

~ ORAS treatment for the Legendary Trio. The box mascots are the focus for the main story, and the 3rd gets a dedicated post-game arc.

~ More aesthetic differences between the paired versions. Like BW's Nature VS Industry deal. (As few instances as there were.)

~ Foresight pls? Make the games fully compatible with future content like they used to, or at least make it so they can be updated through patches and DLC.

Id honestly really love to see them keep customization, but make it better, with more hairstyle, clothes, hair color and accessory options for both boys and girls.

Id also like to see another Eeveelutions or pair of them, id just love to see more.

More post-game: I really have little reason to keep playing X/Y so I havent been.

100-120 new Pokemon- seems like a good number, not too many, not too few

One thing I'd like to see is having Gym Leaders not focus so much on type. Obviously, that's never going to change. At the very least, the gyms to focus less on being able to sweep their type and take on more of a teaching role about the various mechanics. For example, Norman's Gym in RSE and ORAS focused on the "X-" items, which is something more along the lines of the Gym teaching new player about certain aspects of the game through demonstration.

Perhaps the next Grass-type gym could focus more on the various Berries such as super-effectiveness damage-reducing ones. Maybe the next Water-type Gym could focus on rainy weather, introducing newbies to weather-conditions. The long-awaited Dark-type Gym could revolve around stealing, using, knocking-off and nullifying held-items.

I'd basically like it if Game Freak had their Gyms do more stuff like that to make up for any lacking rosters they might give them.

- A Dark-type Gym, one that relies on being tricky with strategy. (No Double Team spamming please, though. Don't make it that cheap.)

- Good villains, which in turn usually generates a good story. Maybe break the mold by having the common grunts not be bumbling morons that they usually are. Give them a motive and draw on themes that will make me think deeply for a bit or make me shiver from the real-life parallels.

- Have a difficulty option that won't just boost levels or revamp movesets, but make the game play smart. Battle-facility smart. Without the cheating movesets and/or hax, of course.

- God-tier music. Both in battle, in the field, and during events and stuff. Or, include Zinnia's battle theme.

- Super Training. DexNav. Convenient PSS that didn't require me to go into a Pokemon Center to trade or battle others. KEEP THOSE IN THERE.

- Keep the need for HM's down to a minimum. I don't care if there are a lot of them, just make the region so that roads won't constantly be blockaded by small trees and the like. I preferred what Unova did: keep the main road mostly obstacle-free while putting them on side paths that can be explored but aren't compulsory for continuing the journey.

- If the regions is going to have a large variety of Pokemon like in XY, make sure the opponents (Gym Leaders and other bosses in particular) have balanced teams to match. It would make a better challenge when your opponents aren't always hopelessly outclassed.

- Random idea: give the Exp. Share two different "on" modes: one will have it distribute Exp like it does now, while the other will give Exp to a single selected Pokemon. That ought to shut the complainers up, wouldn't it?

While I don't mind the "evil team uses Legendary 'mons" plot, I do agree that something different needs to be done. And like what was brought up earlier, X/Y's plot did seem like it was going that route, but it ended up mashing the Team Flare/Legendaries/Mega-Evolution subplots in such a manner that it still confuses me and quite possibly several others. I constantly feel the need to remind people that the Tower of Mastery/Mega-Evolution plot had no direct, clear-cut connection to the Kalos War/Team Flare schtick.

I've probably brought this up several times, but I feel that they should make the next plot revolve around the existence of multiple/alternate universes within the Pokémon universe. And I'm sure that I wasn't the only one thinking that after playing through the Delta Episode. If Game Freak doesn't think it's significant enough for a good plot, then they should have seriously refrained from implementing it in ORAS... because now, they've just opened up a massive can of worms with that malarkey, so there's no reason for them to turn back on it now. Oh, wait.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GIVE US A DARK TYPE GYM. IT'S BEEN 3,000 YEARS 20 YEARS. GIVE IT TO US GAME FREAK. GIVE. IT. NAOW.

- Random idea: give the Exp. Share two different "on" modes: one will have it distribute Exp like it does now, while the other will give Exp to a single selected Pokemon. That ought to shut the complainers up, wouldn't it?

I think it'd be better if you could toggle it on/off for each Pokemon in your team so you can have any combination of Pokemon in your party receiving EXP. That would make it easier for new Pokemon to catch up with your old ones, especially if you have multiple Pokemon that are behind the curve.

~ BW tier writing.

~ ORAS treatment for the Legendary Trio. The box mascots are the focus for the main story, and the 3rd gets a dedicated post-game arc.

~ More aesthetic differences between the paired versions. Like BW's Nature VS Industry deal. (As few instances as there were.)

~ Foresight pls? Make the games fully compatible with future content like they used to, or at least make it so they can be updated through patches and DLC.

PLEASE GAME FREAK! to all of this! =O I want all of this done!

I also want the damn Vs. Seeker to come back. I don't know why they got rid of such a lovely little device.

Probably what I would love to see is them faking us out with a big post-game that would be an entirely different game all on its own. You think you finished with the Elite Four... then bam! A post-game with new, totally not the typical Pokemon-game treatment!

A challenge mode that is available from the start would also be nice. =)

1. I like the idea of getting calls from the Pokemon League whenever there's a challenger. I mean, you're already the champion by the time you cleared the main game (excluding BW) - it only makes sense that you keep holding that title and that people challenge YOU. The rival can call every Sunday for a title match, and here's what I want - you can lose your title by losing to the rival. There won't be any other penalties except for money loss, but you can re-challenge the E4 for the title again. Since BW introduced the concept of multiple rivals, and XY having 4 friends who challenge you every now and then, I'd like to see them take the title from me AND I'd like to challenge them for the title.

2. Dark-type gym.

3. Customizations with a larger wardrobe - ESPECIALLY for the guys short-shorts for the boys pls

4. Battle Facilities

5. Being able to set difficulty modes from the start.

6. POKEMON AUTO-SORT IN THE PC. I SAID THIS A MILLION TIMES - AUTO-SORT BY NATIONAL DEX ORDER IS NEEDED. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK. WE HAVE NEARLY 1000 POKEMON I AM NOT ORGANIZING THEM MANUALLY.

7. More interactions and competitions with NPCs that aren't about battling. Wallace in contests. Faulkner in Pokethalon. Brycen in movies. Scavenger hunts with the rivals. Stuff like that. It should be more wide-spread and diverse. More activities, see.

6. POKEMON AUTO-SORT IN THE PC. I SAID THIS A MILLION TIMES - AUTO-SORT BY NATIONAL DEX ORDER IS NEEDED. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK. WE HAVE NEARLY 1000 POKEMON I AM NOT ORGANIZING THEM MANUALLY.

Like automatically sort them without the possibility to toggle it off? Cause I wouldn't like such a feature if it's automatically. I like to sort my PC boxes with various teams, legendaries, shiny's and wonder trade stuff.

Like automatically sort them without the possibility to toggle it off? Cause I wouldn't like such a feature if it's automatically. I like to sort my PC boxes with various teams, legendaries, shiny's and wonder trade stuff.

Of course I meant by pressing an 'auto-sort' button. For people who want their PC boxes organized in the quickest way and don't care about personalizing it. Think about it - we're dealing with nearly 1000 pokemon. I don't want to waste time going through all those boxes just to put the pokemons in a personalized order I'm sure to forget (I'm not the best organizer in the world) so it would be really helpful if GameFreak provided AN AUTO-SORT BUTTON. I don't even need anything fancy - just a simple organizing button that places pokemons by National Dex number.

I think it'd be better if you could toggle it on/off for each Pokemon in your team so you can have any combination of Pokemon in your party receiving EXP. That would make it easier for new Pokemon to catch up with your old ones, especially if you have multiple Pokemon that are behind the curve.
I wouldn't mind a level-dependent EXP system where, instead of just multiplying the experience you receive like Gen 5 did, it changes how that EXP is distributed between the party members. E.g. if you have a Lv.5 and Lv.10 splitting 200 EXP from a wild Pokemon, the Lv.5 one gets 133 (2/3) while the Lv.10 one gets 67 (1/3).

Like automatically sort them without the possibility to toggle it off?? Cause I wouldn't like such a feature if it's automatically.

But couldn't you just as easily... not press the button?

I wouldn't mind a level-dependent EXP system where, instead of just multiplying the experience you receive like Gen 5 did, it changes how that EXP is distributed between the party members. E.g. if you have a Lv.5 and Lv.10 splitting 200 EXP from a wild Pokemon, the Lv.5 one gets 133 (2/3) while the Lv.10 one gets 67 (1/3).

IIRC, the 2nd-5th gen EXP Share worked like that, but you needed multiple of them to do it.

Of course I meant by pressing an 'auto-sort' button. For people who want their PC boxes organized in the quickest way and don't care about personalizing it. Think about it - we're dealing with nearly 1000 pokemon. I don't want to waste time going through all those boxes just to put the pokemons in a personalized order I'm sure to forget (I'm not the best organizer in the world) so it would be really helpful if GameFreak provided AN AUTO-SORT BUTTON. I don't even need anything fancy - just a simple organizing button that places pokemons by National Dex number.

Ah alright, just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Well, in that case, I would love it. Heck, why not go all the way? Give us the possibility to order alphabetical, by type, by level, etc. its 2015, shouldn't be too difficult.

IIRC, the 2nd-5th gen EXP Share worked like that, but you needed multiple of them to do it.
Nope, not even remotely. I'm talking a type of system wher, when splitting XP between multiple Pokemon, it skews the distribution in favor of the lower-leveled ones, comparable (for lack of a better analogy) to how electrical current divides across the branches of a parallel circuit.

Say I have three Pokemon (let's call them B, C, and F) and they are Lv.2 (B), Lv.3 (C), and Lv.6 (F). F is twice the level of C, so C gets twice as much XP as F does. F is also three times B's level, so B gets three times as much XP as F. And if I defeat a wild Pokemon and collect 60XP to divide between the three of them, F gets 10XP, C gets 20XP, and B gets 30XP. The total haul is the same (unlike in Gen 5 and Gen 6), it's just distributed differently depending on who participated and what their respective levels (as compared to each other) are.

Mathematically, the formula would work out like this:
1 - Calculate (1 / level) for each participant to receive XP; this represents how much XP each one will receive (but isn't to scale yet).
2 - Sum all the shares from each participant (share1 + share2 + etc.) to get a total.
3 - The actual XP each participant receives is equal to (total XP) * (individual share / share total).

The idea I have in my head borrows from Fire Emblem If, but that is not the only idea I have for gen 7. Basically there are two three directiobs they can go, and features I want overall.
Direction #1- Pokemon East and West. The bext region is a masdive Johto/Kanto oandmass, with major differences between the two. East has a gym league based on physical pokemon and the west has gyms focused on special pokemon. Both leagues share the same E4, which is reached by a mini-tourney between trainers of each side. When yiu beat rhe main story, the other side has been overrun by the evil team! While trying to stop them in yournative region, the other side had no way to oppose em. Tne dexes between the two are different, with the ComMons like the bird, thevrident and what naving east/west variations.
Direction #2- Islands. Ditch the mainland linear gameplay, go for island hopping non-linearity. I really would love a Pokemn game that has like 10 or so major islands to explore with 3 or so routes and 2 or so towns and cities to explore on each one. Make the game have level scaling, along with a freestyle badge quest. If that is too daunting a task, then have a linear progression line with non linear traits. You go to island 5 for example first, but the leader there is a dark type leader. So that means you go to island 3, which has a figjting gym and a mountain dojo thick with wild fighting types. You go there for your first badge as your starting island had some sweet flying types. And so on. Doesn't necessarily chain like that, as the dark type could be useful against the 7th gym on island 10, but the bug types there are effective againsr the psychic gym on island 6.
Direction 3- Return to Japan. Route 301 finally becomes a reality, or we start from route 49 and go all the way to route 70. I am sick of havng a million routes 1 through 25

Features!
-Seasons are back and play a bigger role. Trainers change their team depending on the season, routes either overpopulate in the summer or lose trainers in the winter.
-A damn pokedevice that is useful. Have a pokenav + level device from the start, and build on it.
-Akin to soaring, HMs are all assistant tools for Pokemon to do stuff. A whistle to summon your flying type to soar with you, gloves to push a blocks along with a strong Pokemon, stuff like tools and Pokemon together, human assistance and working together.
-Gym leader proffesions are back. Basically just repeat all the gen 5 stuff. It worked gamefreak, and for the better. Maybe have the professions central to the plot or sidequests? Like, this gen Viola could have been there to photograph your quest as well, Grant could have been a biking rival and a great way to reintroduce rock climb, Kortina could have helped you gain mastery over megas throughout the story, Wulfric could have been a cool mentor for Amie and so on.

Last edited:
Well, I would mainly like to see:

The ability to ride any ridable pokemon around anywhere. And with the flying pokemon, you can ride them on the ground than press a certain button to make them fly up into a mode like Soar. You can land and go back to running around. Would be so cool.

On the other hand I'd really wish for a more realistic region and geography. The only two games that really nailed this down were Kalos and the combined Kanto-Johto. C'mon, at least Kalos acknowledged that the regions of Gen 1-4 was actually Japanese. And Johto made it clear that it was part of Poke-Japan as well. Shinnoh and Kanto (on its own) didn't have that. Hoenn was worse - it had a complete break from the first two regions, and was way too inaccurate a region; I wish that never happens again.

I can deal with the varying quality of the story - Pokemon's story has always been decent compared to a couple of other Nintendo franchises. Besides, the stories are more or less separate, so there's always the next game. Ditto with the contents - I don't find a majority of the game contents play a huge role beyond pure game play matters, and the ones that do seem to be uniquely tied to the specific region. Geography, on the other hand, is something that is going to stay AND define the Pokemon work as a whole, so I'd rather they be consistently done. And especially when real-life geographic names were spelt out in Gen 1-2, and especially when the real-life cultures/nations were made more explicit in Gen 6, I'd rather they continue this path of realism. The only time I wasn't as harsh was during Gen 5, which I consider as a transitional period when GF seemed to shift its artistic focus and target audience from primarily Japanese to more global.

I agree somewhat. I really liked Kalos, although I think they could take a few more liberties and make some most interesting towns. In any case, there are many real and interesting countries that game Freak should take inspiration in the next games, such as India, Greece, Egypt, Australia, etc ... I hope they keep it up.

-Difficulty levels. So they cant complay that kids cant play the game. And the older players will be happy too.
-Side missions to not make the game so linear. And back with customization mechanics, ride pokemon, pokemon following the trainer. Possibility to customize the personality, phrases during the fights and some actions to change some events or cutscenes. Being able to take pictures of Pokemons. And make a feature where pokemons play and interact with each other.
-Better storyline. More cameo apparences or returning past games characters . Especially rivals like Silver, Barry, Wally. Better and longer post game.
-Interesting type combinations for the starters. Fennekin its a good step in it. Anyway, interesinting and rare combinations for pokemons at all.
-be recognized as a champion, and the possibility of opening up a gym in the post game
-A rival that is really your rival.

For almost twenty years now, the Pokémon series has followed the same formula of obtaining a starter Pokémon, travelling across a region to collect eight Gym Badges, thwarting a villainous team's plot, then challenging the Elite Four and becoming a Pokémon League Champion. I want to see that formula thrown out of the window and a new game built from the ground up. I don't want Generation VII to feel like every main series game I've played since Christmas 1999.

For almost twenty years now, the Pokémon series has followed the same formula of obtaining a starter Pokémon, travelling across a region to collect eight Gym Badges, thwarting a villainous team's plot, then challenging the Elite Four and becoming a Pokémon League Champion. I want to see that formula thrown out of the window and a new game built from the ground up. I don't want Generation VII to feel like every main series game I've played since Christmas 1999.

Yup, I agree. The formula is incredibly stale and in need of change. Those who share this opinion seem to be in the minority of wanting this, though... and I can't imagine Game Freak will do it either. Best we can do is hope.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom