• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 1(16/6/2015)

@HumanDawn; Could you possibly provide a screenshot? I know it's easily faked, but there's no harm in asking, I guess.

Nope, I was scumbaiting. I am vanilla townie so I really can afford to be killed.

EDIT: I told Tyler I was scumbaiting earlier, but I sort of wanted to see people's reactions. I'm pretty sure that I'll be lynched but I told HD scumbaiting so that if I die Tyler wouldn't be lynched but I guess it will be released to the public as well.

Also I just realized I forgot to CC Soulmaster for the HumanDawn message.

Last edited:

Nope, I was scumbaiting. I am vanilla townie so I really can afford to be killed.

What made you think it would be a good and safe idea despite us saying that outing is a bad idea?

@HumanDawn; Alright, thank you!

Vote: The_Pikachu

Baiting for a doctor claim when you're not the doctor is... I can only see it as harmful, since you couldn't know for certain that scum would even claim, and the only thing it'd be (almost) certain to do is draw out the real doctor, which we've all agreed is best avoided. I just can't see someone who's town doing that, especially given the consensus that we really shouldn't do that, and I can't see any positive to it if it's a claim from some random townie.

What made you think it would a good and safe idea despite us saying that outing is a bad idea?

What is "it?" Outing my vanilla role?

EDIT:
I'll post my reads based on the controversy so far which have spiked the amount of posts soon.

Mel, I wasn't baiting for a doctor claim, I was baiting to die on N1 instead of a PR

She told me she was scumbaiting as well. I believe she is Town, though, so I don't think she should be lynched.

What is "it?" Outing my vanilla role?

EDIT:
I'll post my reads based on the controversy so far which have spiked the amount of posts soon.

Mel, I wasn't baiting for a doctor claim, I was baiting to die on N1 instead of a PR

No, saying you even got a Doctor claim in the first place, which I asked about some posts ago too.

She told me she was scumbaiting as well. I believe she is Town, though, so I don't think she should be lynched.

She just baited you which ended up making you reveal that you're the Doctor, just because she told you what her plan was that doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

But you said that the doctor was going to protect you? The mafia wouldn't ever target you if they believed the doctor was protecting you, and while the doctor did out (which would negate that), you sound as if that wasn't what you wanted--and weren't expecting?--them to?

Besides, the chances of the mafia targeting a power role instead of a vanilla townie is incredibly low in the first place. There was no need to say the doctor claimed to you to attract the kill, since there was no real danger, and, again, you said the doctor would be protecting you, meaning the mafia would never have targeted you if Tyler hadn't outed. Your plan is full of really obvious holes and contradictions, and I just can't buy it.

@TylerM; can you explain why you think she's town?

Aye Crackfox you know me too well, I master the late-to-the-game first post ;)

So hello again - I'm back from seeing Jurassic World (2scary) and there's like 7 new pages. Okay. My opinions -

Claiming doc Day 1 to scumbait. Is.... scummy. Scummy equals mafia not, but it's just scummy and anti town. Unless you are the real doc, what you are going to get is 4 scenarios, this is assuming you are NOT the doctor but you ARE town. (as you claim)

1) Nobody cc's. Good for town as doctor remains hidden and mafia have a wrong target. But could render future doc clears unbelievable.
2) Somebody, non-mafia cc's you. Real doctor. Bad for town - mafia have 50/50 of getting doctor right.
3) Somebody, non-mafia cc's you. Not real doctor and faking. Not great for town. Causes confusion and mislyching.
4) Mafia cc's you. Not great for town as you pull out, there's only one doc claim who is mafia and may be believed. Third cc (real doctor) will cc and Mafia will know real doctor... probably

If you ARE the doc and are double bluffing, then a) mafia cc'd you so know you are good potential for doc or b) other town member cc'd you serving no real purpose but to divert attention away from someone they're not sure is town themselves.

Okay, after typing those out I'm conflicted if it's good or bad thing. But you got a CC. If TylerM is town, then mafia have a potential doc right out in the open. If TylerM is mafia - then we have an uncc'd mafia doc. lol. Also we don't know if you're telling the truth, so again, perhaps my little list up there is all just mind ramblings......... just something to think about, maybe.

In either case - did your scum hunting work as that - scum hunt, in your opinion? Do we all know more about who could or could not be mafia - or are we just left with a strange 2nd doc claim out in the open. On Day one. Is that good for the town? I don't think so. The doc role is potentially more important than the cop here, as cops can be easily CC'd. Yes the doc can save themselves, but they can also waste valuable saves on other members of the town - and the whole game turns into a loop of the doctor just saving themselves all game. There's no chance, no lucky/strategic guessing going on. It's literally.... just them saving themselves.... bluffing or not. IMO doc should never out in thread. Cop maybe (and probably/definitely later on) - but not doc this early. IMO, that is.

I'm going to withhold a vote for The_Pikachu for now. Although I am curious if you PMd HumanDawn first, and if so, why?

@TylerM; can you explain why you think she's town?
She seemed legitimate when she told me that she was scumbaiting- she also told me to protect myself, and she seemed trustworthy. Other than that, I have nothing to go on besides a feeling, which is enough for me not to vote for her.

The_Pikachu's actions are beyond sketchy. I don't have a problem keeping my vote on her.

@TylerM; I get what you're saying but telling you to protect yourself is something i'd expect. As long as she has your trust you aren't a threat. Keeping you alive and close is more beneficial that killing you if you are with her and not against her. After all it's only a matter of time before the cop and doctor find eachother and when you do i'm sure she'd be eager for you to tell her all about it. Just saying. Telling you to protect yourself isn't necessarily as selfless as it first appears.

I'm not sold on the fact that she is mafia but there are no better options that I can see this phase.

She seemed legitimate when she told me that she was scumbaiting- she also told me to protect myself, and she seemed trustworthy. Other than that, I have nothing to go on besides a feeling, which is enough for me not to vote for her.

Did she send the same PM to you as she did Human? Since, I mean, the phrasing there is hardly convincing, and she's contradicted herself numerous times in her claim that she was scumbaiting.

Telling you to protect yourself doesn't really mean anything, though? That's what everyone has been saying, and you said that yourself earlier anyway, so telling you otherwise just doesn't make sense. As for the seeming trustworthy thing--like, is that a feeling, too, or is there more concrete reasoning to it? Seeming trustworthy in the past doesn't necessarily mean she's not mafia now, especially given the evidence against her, and relying on your gut feeling alone in the face of evidence tends to not really be a good thing if you can't place why you feel that way further than that it's a feeling.

I guess it's just sort of a grey area. I don't know if she's mafia, but I don't know if she's Town. There haven't been clear signs for either.

So, that happened. I go to sleep last night and wake up to 5 pages of post. most of them walls of text. I'm still trying to process what i just read but...

Unvote: Flopjack Those shifty eyes will just have to wait.

I'm a little suspicious of TylerM's doctor claim. From my understanding, it would be a major benefit for the doctor to lay low, to do his work from the shadows. If the mafia took the doctor out, it'd give them an advantage (doctor can't protect someone if he's been killed), so drawing attention to himself as the doctor seems like a silly idea to me.

Vote: TylerM

Also, @HumanDawn; is it just me or is your sig image broken?

I outed myself to try and kill a non-existent mafia member. It is not my fault that Pikachu did not plan well.

Aye Crackfox you know me too well, I master the late-to-the-game first post ;)

So hello again - I'm back from seeing Jurassic World (2scary) and there's like 7 new pages. Okay. My opinions -

Claiming doc Day 1 to scumbait. Is.... scummy. Scummy equals mafia not, but it's just scummy and anti town. Unless you are the real doc, what you are going to get is 4 scenarios, this is assuming you are NOT the doctor but you ARE town. (as you claim)

1) Nobody cc's. Good for town as doctor remains hidden and mafia have a wrong target. But could render future doc clears unbelievable.
2) Somebody, non-mafia cc's you. Real doctor. Bad for town - mafia have 50/50 of getting doctor right.
3) Somebody, non-mafia cc's you. Not real doctor and faking. Not great for town. Causes confusion and mislyching.
4) Mafia cc's you. Not great for town as you pull out, there's only one doc claim who is mafia and may be believed. Third cc (real doctor) will cc and Mafia will know real doctor... probably

If you ARE the doc and are double bluffing, then a) mafia cc'd you so know you are good potential for doc or b) other town member cc'd you serving no real purpose but to divert attention away from someone they're not sure is town themselves.

Okay, after typing those out I'm conflicted if it's good or bad thing. But you got a CC. If TylerM is town, then mafia have a potential doc right out in the open. If TylerM is mafia - then we have an uncc'd mafia doc. lol. Also we don't know if you're telling the truth, so again, perhaps my little list up there is all just mind ramblings......... just something to think about, maybe.

In either case - did your scum hunting work as that - scum hunt, in your opinion? Do we all know more about who could or could not be mafia - or are we just left with a strange 2nd doc claim out in the open. On Day one. Is that good for the town? I don't think so. The doc role is potentially more important than the cop here, as cops can be easily CC'd. Yes the doc can save themselves, but they can also waste valuable saves on other members of the town - and the whole game turns into a loop of the doctor just saving themselves all game. There's no chance, no lucky/strategic guessing going on. It's literally.... just them saving themselves.... bluffing or not. IMO doc should never out in thread. Cop maybe (and probably/definitely later on) - but not doc this early. IMO, that is.

I'm going to withhold a vote for The_Pikachu for now. Although I am curious if you PMd HumanDawn first, and if so, why?

I agree that the doctor should never out themselves and I thought it was common knowledge. Therefore, the 1st possibility should be the most likely as Mafia or someone non doctor but town counter claiming would hurt mafia or hurt town respectively. I think I can spot a few scum but before making my large post I have to finish my homework.

Also, right when Tyler counterclaimed I quickly told him I was scumbaiting and that we should try and make it so that he was not actually the doctor but fake claimed and told him to protect himself and to pretend I was the real doctor so that's why he thinks I'm townie.

Basically, I thought the probability of some events happening were low but they still happened. I'm actually fine with being lynched because it might help town.

unvote: HumanDawn

Just an info vote for me now.

vote: Flopjack

So umm I have three questions, @Flopjack;

What do you think of the pikachu lynch?

Why did you suddenly disappear? (This could be simple sleeping or life stuff.

What are your reads so far?

unvote: HumanDawn

Just an info vote for me now.

vote: Flopjack

So umm I have three questions, @Flopjack;

What do you think of the pikachu lynch?

Why did you suddenly disappear? (This could be simple sleeping or life stuff.

What are your reads so far?

I think if you go back a few pages Flop popped up and voted for me.

You seem oddly nonchalant about my lynch, what are your thoughts on it?

I have answered HD about lynches and I think yours could be productive. Personally I think you're town, that's why I'm not voting for you, but I do think there is a chance you could be mafia that's why I'm not defending you.

Also, right when Tyler counterclaimed I quickly told him I was scumbaiting and that we should try and make it so that he was not actually the doctor but fake claimed and told him to protect himself and to pretend I was the real doctor so that's why he thinks I'm townie.
Quickly is a bit of an overstatement. I had made 3 or 4 posts about you before receiving your PM.

I'm actually fine with being lynched because it might help town.
This is scummy. This is almost the literal definition of scummy. Vote: The_Pikachu

edit: i'm gonna go watch netflix until 3 am, and if i'm not active that's why

Personally I think you're town, that's why I'm not voting for you, but I do think there is a chance you could be mafia that's why I'm not defending you.

You're not arguing your opinion purely out of the possibility that she could be mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom