• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new descriptions for the new pokemon forms are now up. Calling this now: mega evolution based upon appearance of the trainer. Ash's greninja's description reads exactly like mega evolution in the Kalos region during XY, especially the whole "only in Kalos hundreds of years ago." Sou ds exactly like mega lucario.

No, they said it's a phenomenon that has only happened ONCE in the past several hundred years.

Mega Evolution is rampant in both the game, manga and anime versions of Kalos, both in the present and the past.

This is something else entirely.

What worries me is that Zygarde Cell has official art... But it's not a Pokémon because it can't use moves... So will we also be unable to use Zygarde Core as well? :'( I loved that little thing and couldn't wait to use it in-game.

Meh, I'll probably use Zygarde-Doo.

Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!
They possess no will or thought processes - I think we can confirm this thing can't be used in battle.

Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
I guess Core might be possible to use in a battle, however, it is only described as the brain.

Although it does they have been known to take action.

SO, Zygarde 10%, 50% and 100% as well as Core - usable in battle?

They possess no will or thought processes - I think we can confirm this thing can't be used in battle.

Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
I guess Core might be possible to use in a battle, however, it is only described as the brain.

Although it does they have been known to take action.

SO, Zygarde 10%, 50% and 100% as well as Core - usable in battle?

Well, Shedinja is said to be a fully immobile shed shell of a Ninjask. Still fully useable in battle.

Perhaps even more damning, it says that the Cells cannot use moves. :p

Sounds like Greninja's getting a Mega Evolution, but a different type of it. Like how Groudon and Kyogre did. I do wonder if it's going to use just that design... I dunno, just the thought of it taking the appearance of its trainer sounds a bit odd IMO. Especially when considering customization and future trainers.

Zygarde Cell sounds like it isn't a Pokemon and perhaps they're just calling it a "Pokemon-ish" creature? If I remember correctly, they did say something like that in last month's CoroCoro issue. By that, I meant the term.

EDIT: I just realized, Zygarde Core's text pretty much says there's more than one Core.

Last edited:
The new descriptions for the new pokemon forms are now up. Calling this now: mega evolution based upon appearance of the trainer. Ash's greninja's description reads exactly like mega evolution in the Kalos region during XY, especially the whole "only in Kalos hundreds of years ago." Sou ds exactly like mega lucario.

No, they said it's a phenomenon that has only happened ONCE in the past several hundred years.

Mega Evolution is rampant in both the game, manga and anime versions of Kalos, both in the present and the past.

This is something else entirely.

What worries me is that Zygarde Cell has official art... But it's not a Pokémon because it can't use moves... So will we also be unable to use Zygarde Core as well? :'( I loved that little thing and couldn't wait to use it in-game.

Meh, I'll probably use Zygarde-Doo.

We were lead to believe almost the same exact thing with mega evolution in XY. Except then mega evolutions were rare, bug the descriptions sounds so familiar.

I bet whatever game is after Z will include this greninja and say something like "Oh, we thought it only occurred in Kalos, but now that's not true." Or they'll take the ORAS route and say oh its always been this way.

I don't think the Core is usable in battle. It comes off as being a component for the other forms.

I think it'd be neat if they shook up how mascot legendaries work in this game with Zygarde's new forms. Since Zygarde has weaker forms, you could obtain it earlier in the game and upgrade its form throughout the story. Say, maybe you meet 10% around the 3rd gym or so and it joins your team. Then when you reach Rt. 18 the first time, you go into Terminus Cave where 50% was found in XY and you find more Cells that upgrade it to 50% form. Then when you're fighting Team Flare, Zygarde reaches 100% form just in time for the final showdown. Of course that might be awkward for them to implement (because then they have to account for the player's choice not to use it as well as varying levels throughout the game) but it'd be really awesome if they could make it work somehow, I've always wanted to see a game where you meet the mascot legendary earlier in the game at a weaker form and bond with it throughout the game until it reaches full power in the end.

They are talking about Eternal Floette who had a form change after being resurrected by absorbing the power the ultimate weapon.

I think the fact that we can found Zygarde 50% in XY means that Zygarde sensed the danger that was TF and was on his way but the main character save the before he appeared. I'm afraid this implies that we'll get a third version where Zygarde we'll appear before we beat TF and reach he's final form.

Okay, my theory is coming to fruition. Multiple cires confirmed, and seeing how we have red, I aesume there is an orange, white, cyan, and blue, 5 in total for the chest hexagons on Zygarde Complete. Further more, with the change in the ecosystem text, and how cells are scattered in the region, I wonder if the story will be a drastic change. Evil team involved from teh gakes start,and your main quest isn't to collect bades, but cells. Please god let that be the case.

all I can say is wow... i missed two days and i came back to 12 pages to read thorugh and a hell of a lot if info. first of all i love the core form and i like the cell form, not keen on 10% and perfect forms, however I wasn't sure about megas at the start so i'm willing to give them time, secondly I can see more forms, however i'm not sure I want any more 5 is too many imo, personally i'd rather get rid of 10% and have towo other forms linked with xy. finally greninja... I don't really know what to say about this, it is weird that they released it with the zygarde forms, I don't think its a mega and if you look at the pokemon website it states its apperance has changed because it's bond with ash has reached the limit, which is like megas, however it then says this has happened once several hundred years ago. eternal floette anybody??? thats what i thought, anyway I can't wait to see what happens next which will probably be Z or XY2 but nothing would suprise me

The one thing I question is the description for Ash Greninja. Does the change caused by the bonds effect the normal evolution and Greninja just looks like this all the time or is there something similar to mega evolution happening where it's only temporary. It is possible they're trying to make it seem like Ash has such a strong bond with Greninja that it totally circumvents the need for a key stone and mega stone so it's almost like a pseudo mega evolution where it gets a slight power increase, but it's not totally a mega either.

The one thing I question is the description for Ash Greninja. Does the change caused by the bonds effect the normal evolution and Greninja just looks like this all the time or is there something similar to mega evolution happening where it's only temporary. It is possible they're trying to make it seem like Ash has such a strong bond with Greninja that it totally circumvents the need for a key stone and mega stone so it's almost like a pseudo mega evolution where it gets a slight power increase, but it's not totally a mega either.

No one knows right now, but stay tuned to find out. Lol. Buy seriously I have no clue either.

The situation between Ash and Greninja beg the question, if this is between bond, what happen to Pikachu? The bond between Ash and Pikachu is undoubtedly a lot stronger than the one between Ash and Greninja. They came through for each other, he brought Pikachu every time they travel to a new region, etc.

Do you guys think we might be having a special game for the POKEMON ANNIVERSARY? I mean, having some non- standard things in it? Like the Zygarde 5 forms to be a special new thing for the Anniversary?

In short, could we be getting the NEW POKEMON YELLOW? An anime- based game? With Ashninja as your choice, like Pikachu in Yellow? Or maybe Zygarde Core? I doubt it but hey, you never know with Pokemon AND Game Freak...

I think Ash Greninja might be foreshadowing for a mechanic in which the starters have some kind of customization or something similar to Mega Evolution, especially since they were practically overshadowed by the Kanto starters in their own region.

No one knows right now, but stay tuned to find out. Lol. Buy seriously I have no clue either.

Don't even give me that answer!!! That's a GF/Pokemon/Nintendo answer and I've never liked those. hahaha

Do you guys think we might be having a special game for the POKEMON ANNIVERSARY? I mean, having some non- standard things in it? Like the Zygarde 5 forms to be a special new thing for the Anniversary?

In short, could we be getting the NEW POKEMON YELLOW? An anime- based game? With Ashninja as your choice, like Pikachu in Yellow? Or maybe Zygarde Core? I doubt it but hey, you never know with Pokemon AND Game Freak...

As much as I would absolutely love a big fat Pokemon anniversary bonanza with a special game released...they didn't do anything 'massive' for the 10 anniversary, did they? So unfortunately I don't see the 20th being much different.

I mean, I'm pretty damn sure we'll get some kind of main game next year, probably to do with Kalos/Zygarde. Or it'll be 2 full years with no Pokemon main games and that'd be too weird. But something particularly for the anniversary? I'm not so sure. It'd be awesome, but I am not boarding the hype train.

As much as I would absolutely love a big fat Pokemon anniversary bonanza with a special game released...they didn't do anything 'massive' for the 10 anniversary, did they? So unfortunately I don't see the 20th being much different.

I mean, I'm pretty damn sure we'll get some kind of main game next year, probably to do with Kalos/Zygarde. Or it'll be 2 full years with no Pokemon main games and that'd be too weird. But something particularly for the anniversary? I'm not so sure. It'd be awesome, but I am not boarding the hype train.

Agreed. But... Masuda did mention the Anniversary twice, although he mentioned it more regarding Pokemon Go I think...

I think Ash Greninja might be foreshadowing for a mechanic in which the starters have some kind of customization or something similar to Mega Evolution, especially since they were practically overshadowed by the Kanto starters in their own region.

I Think you might be right. I think the 3 Kalos starters will get either:

A) A Cosplay forme, with no stat changes, just visual.

B) A fashion Mega- Evo. Just your classic Mega Evolution,with around a 100 BST boost, but based on fashion.Like,for example, if you reach max fashion in Lumiose with the Pokemon as your lead. And this will be Kalos exclusive, as it complements it´s style theme. I prefer normal Mega Evos in the future, but for Kalos, I think the fashion evolutionwould fit better.

Last edited:
On one hand, they say there are other Cores, not only one. But on the other hand, descriptions of other forms imply that Zygarde's mind is the same one Core all the time. So what about those other Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom