• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more idea: Ashninja could be an event Pokemon. They could just be including an Anime exclusive feature, like an event for the games.

One more idea: Ashninja could be an event Pokemon. They could just be including an Anime exclusive feature, like an event for the games.

Would prefer it to be some sort of new mechanics in the game, to shake thing up further.

Would prefer it to be some sort of new mechanics in the game, to shake thing up further.

I know, but I think an Ash-like Greninja sounds more like a side thing than anything else. There is no logic to have a Pokemon that looks like Ash as a main game feature. Because Ash is not in the games (I guess). Pay attention that Ashninja is called Ash Greninja, not stylish Greninja or Cosplay Greninja. It sounds more like an Ash/tv exclusive thing that you could obtain as an event.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, this is all anime news. The way that all of this works could be different in the games.

What if in the next game a pokemon with max friendship will gain physical atributes of your trainer? That would be a cool mechanic.

Of course this raises several issues as with the 721 pokemon, it will be ridiculous to program all the combinations, specially if the game has character customization. Or they can restrict it to the starters and some other select few pokemon?

I know, but I think an Ash-like Greninja sounds more like a side thing than anything else. There is no logic to have a Pokemon that looks like Ash as a main game feature. Pay attention that Ashninja is called Ash Greninja, not stylish Greninja or Cosplay Greninja. It sounds more like an Ash exclusive thing tht you could obtain as an event.

Ash Greninja is how they call it in the anime. There is no guarantee that it would have the same name in game. Anyway, my speculation is based totally on feeling.

Oh, yeah, I think someone mentioned that Eternal Flower Floette take that form after it was resurrected by the ultimate weapon. That's wrong, it always had that form way before its dead scene. You can replay your game or watch the walkthrough on YouTube again to confirm this.

So the first trailer for the XY & Z anime is up online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslzWsBSGHI

Malva using Mega Houndoom against Alain & Team Flare admin/scientists studying/observing Zygarde come as no surprise. If this is any indication, Team Flare are returning in the next games. Ash's Greninja is potentially seen undergoing some kind of watery transformation into what looks like Ash-Greninja, before it charges at the opposing Bisharp surrounded by water.

Ok, so the Greninja thing is basically transformation, which could mean new mechanics.

Boy, we have to be getting really close to a game announcement if stuff like this is being posted. Any morning now I'll wake up, check Twitter, and see "Pokemon ? Announced!!!".

So the first trailer for the XY & Z anime is up online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslzWsBSGHI

Malva using Mega Houndoom against Alain & Team Flare admin/scientists studying/observing Zygarde come as no surprise. If this is any indication, Team Flare are returning in the next games. Ash's Greninja is potentially seen undergoing some kind of watery transformation into what looks like Ash-Greninja, before it charges at the opposing Bisharp surrounded by water.

Congrats. Maybe it was the animated trailer or the fact the song being sung in background was very reminiscent of "OK!" but as far as the anime is concerned, I am now a bit hyped. Maybe we'll get some related game announcements in the coming months.

Last edited:
Well, we still hasn't know if the water surrounding Greninja is a move or something like the Mega sphere phenomenon. So we shouldn't make any conclusion that the water is a part of the transformation.

I'm still not convinced from that trailer that that's not some new type of Mega Evolution.
where's Ash's Mega Evolution paraphernalia?

Maybe he doesn't need it for this particular transformation.

Well, Rayquaza and Diancie are legendary Pokemon, what's so special about Greninja that make it break the paraphernalia rule?
Anyhow, in the trailer, even Ash himself said that the mysterious phenomenon that happens between him and Greninja, indicating it's something else. Plus, in a region where Mega Evolution is so wildly popular, wouldn't the expert like Sycamore knows whether Greninja has undergone Mega or not?

Honestly don't get why you guys are acting like this has to be Mega Evolution. We've had two sets of games with that mechanic already, and in both instances, they were incredibly up front with every Mega Evolution.

The only time they hid the truth was with Primal Reversion, which, while similar to Mega Evolution, is treated (and acts) like a completely different mechanic.

Watch Lucario get one of these new evolutions, and the Tower of Mastery gets retcon'd

New flash, official Japanese website has height and weight for Zygarde 10%
アニメ「ポケットモンスター XY & Z」特集|ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト
Still Dragon/Ground, 1.2 meter tall and 33.5 kg, you guys can convert them into the British measures. Team flare is searching for Zygarde Core, they are planning to use Zygarde to do something.
Also interesting fact, Zygarde 50% is 305 kg and Complete is 610 kg (305 times 2), the weights kind of add up but the weight of 10% is like 5%.

Last edited:
I guess without a type and weight classification, the cores are not useable in battle. Now I really wanna know hiw we will find them throughout the region. Ash greninja on the other hand, I think its a new form of Kega Evolution, or a more enhanced version. Note the weird editing, the transformation sequence is cut out abruptly. I honestly think this is gonna be what I speculated, mega evolution by the emd of the games will not require a mega stone, and either be dubbed something else entirely, or spun off in anew direction....

On anothwr note, I think Southern Kalos is still on board. The5 cores representthe 5 subregions of Kalos, Coastal, Central and Mountain, alongside two new Southern Kalos sub regions. I speculated that perhaps south Kalos can be 2/3 Kalos' normal size ajd I wouldn't be shockedif thats the case.

I think that confirms that greninja is a temporary thing in battle, which leads more to some link to mega evolution, also i'm interested in seeing how the core and cells will fit in now as they aren't pokemon, where will they go? obvisouly there not key items so i dunno, i think it would be cool if the core followed you around

To me this whole Bond Reaching The Limit situation sounds like the advertising of Amie prior to XYs release. Maybe this form is the reward for reaching the Heart Limit in Amie in the upcoming games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom