• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

Well people keep saying that even tho we know it's a temporary form change...
Anyway, pretty sure this will be some new feature in the next game, maybe related to mega evo but acting as a separate thing (see: primal reversion) or maybe completely separate.

A League scenario I'd like to see is this: Ash wins the tournament and goes on to fight the Elite Four, one of whom he loses to.

, and this will be the first time in the whole series that a main character will fully evolve all the pokemon they've caught in the region.
uhhh, pikachu isn't going to evolve...
I was referring to all the Pokemon Ash had caught in Kalos, which are every member of his current team with the exception of Pikachu. That being said, I can see how you might have been thrown off by my wording, sorry about that.

Last edited:
A League scenario I'd like to see is this: Ash wins the tournament and goes on to fight the Elite Four, one of whom he loses to.
Before that he'd have to enter the Champion League though. At least according to what DP established.

Then if he wins the Champion League (which is comprised of other League winners), he'd get the possibility to challenge the Elite Four.

Before that he'd have to enter the Champion League though. At least according to what DP established.

Then if he wins the Champion League (which is comprised of other League winners), he'd get the possibility to challenge the Elite Four.

I always thought that by winning the league you get the opportunity to challenge the Elite 4?

I always thought that by winning the league you get the opportunity to challenge the Elite 4?
Apparently not. There's Champion League and if you win THAT, then you get to challenge the E4 and if you beat them, the Champion.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what DP explained about this.
As far as I could tell, this is what I understood:
If you won Region X's league, you can enter Region X's Champion League which is actually facing Region X's Elite Four and Champion.
People claim it means other things but that's how it seemed to me when they explained it. Of course, we never actually got to see that and they could play with the rules anyway since this is a new region, far from the "Japan" regions, so things could be different.
The real question is if they'll really let Ash win the league. I'd be content with him just getting Top 4 again, especially if he can reach the final battle and lose there. I kinda doubt we'll have to worry about what it means to win a league cause we're probably not gonna see him do that in the near future... although his team is really shaping up to be awesome...

Apparently not. There's Champion League and if you win THAT, then you get to challenge the E4 and if you beat them, the Champion.
But in the episode were she hands Tobias his trophy she mentions that he has earned the right to challenge the Elite 4. So I'm legitimately confused right now.

Piplup does make a good point. They can change the rules if they really want to.

Well, just say if there is another league where he faces previous champions, this may be a good way to expand the Kalos region series. I just thought that there would be an arc with Ash doing a bit more on Mega-Evolution. Do you think that's a possibility?

Maybe that line you were looking for is Japanese-only.
Impossible, since Cynthia never even speaks to Tobias.

After Tobias' win in the finals, the scene jumps to the celebration and the trophy in Tobias' hands. xD

Cynthia and that other guy are just standing next to him.

Not sure where you're getting this but the champion's league is the Elite Four Challenge.

Or how do you explain Lucian battling in the Champion's league battling against a Scizor.

I just watched the episode, and assuming the Dub isn't too far off. Lucian just said all you had to do was beat the respective Pokemon league and then you can challenge the Elite Four, then win you win, you can challenge Cynthia.

I just watched the episode, and assuming the Dub isn't too far off. Lucian just said all you had to do was beat the respective Pokemon league and then you can challenge the Elite Four, then win you win, you can challenge Cynthia.
Ah, you're correct, I just checked the episode. (Bulbapedia says something else entirely)

Though I'm not sure if it makes much difference anyway. Even with reserves, I'm not sure how far Ash would come in the Champion League given the portrayal of the Elite 4 as incredibly powerful and unbeatable trainers.

Translations courtesy of Dephender:
Pokemon Fan:

http://i.imgur.com/ELlCEC6.jpg

SCOOP 4: A new adventure starts! We take a closer look at 3 mysteries!

The "Pocket Monsters XY&Z" poster on page 5 and 6 shows never-before-seen Pokémon as well as secrets the upcoming story hides... We will present three points of particular interest!!

Point 1: Mega Evolution Trainer Alan appears!?
This is Alan, master of the power of Mega Evolution! Is he going to eventually battle Ash...?
Alan and Ash are both currently traveling through the Kalos region. When are they going to meet!?

Point 2: A mysterious new Pokémon!?
Just what is this Pokémon that resembles Greninja...!?

Point 3:The legendary Pokemon Zygarde has other forms!?
Zygarde is a legendary Pokemon in the Kalos region. We now know that it has other forms in addition to the one we already knew of! With Zygarde Core acting as the core, it can power up to the 10%, 50% and Perfect Formes by gathering lots of Zygarde Cells!!

Bonnie happens to stumble over Zygarde Core. Is this... really a Pokemon!?

The mysterious organization Team Flare appears as well!!
A group of men surround Zygarde, which lies hidden deep underground. What is the goal of this organization calling themselves Team Flare!?

It appears Team Flare have captured Zygarde Core as well.
Could we see Mega Zard Y vs Mega Zard X after all?

Unless it's Pikachu vs Charizard X, which honestly, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Why don't the writers call both Sceptile nd Charizard back to his team....????.....it will be fun to watch these two's bonding though..........Ash wants to try Mega Sceptile after seeing Sawyer and he wants to try Mega Charizard as well.......may be he could have both of them in the team....maybe i am thinking too much.....

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom