• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The 100 Mafia (Endgame - Mafia and Independents Victory)

Should there be a 24 hr extension on Day 2?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your arguments are as follows:

1) My setup speculation is scummy because you think I'm role hunting? Don't you think I'd have wolf chat if I wanted to discuss this? This makes literally no sense, I'm the opposite of role hunting right now, which you would realize if you'd think through any of my questions. Which you didnt. So I'm not moving off of you for votes.

2) You think I'm towny but your gut is screaming mafia? Because I'm asking you to clarify your positions? Dude, play or don't. This is a communication game and you haven't communicated. I'm Town. My best form of winning is communicating and deducing setup. You have done neither, and you aren't answering questions. You are derp townining or straight scumming.

3) You are mislynched more than not - and you bring up the word 'civ' quite a lot which is INTERESTING. I never used the word civ but you did.

4)You dislike hypoclaiming? It's +EV to hypoclaim
It grants maximum protection to the TPRs
It allows TPRs to effectively, and unequivocally leave a last will

There is literally no downside to hypoclaiming and I would challenge you to answer at least 51% of my points in this post and the the previous post.

You have answered none.
1. Yes set up speculation can and is done by scum in thread, first it makes you look involved. Second it makes is more likely that players with roles would slip and mention their role. So it is a form of role hunting/fishing

2. No a gut read is a gut read, you seem to be playing like a super town which is gut reading scum to me, who is trying to be civvie. I've been contributing my first contribution you disliked, and your right I'm not trying to deduce the setup I disagree with doing that.
3. So what? I don't understand this point.
4. EV?
Also yes I dislike Hypoclaiming, my original site claimed so much it ruined the game and my new home site has strict info dumping rules, both those contributed to my dislike for that. Plus it ruins the spirit of the game in my mind.

@Zexy

im not going ot be aggressive because I don't want to hurt someones feelings and get booted from the site like some people already have, and sicne I would gather that I have a thicker skin than others im erring on the side of caution and I am trying to be extra non-combatative/aggressive in my approach to the game and with what I consider acceptible.

That all being said. Frog was clearly town.

Im also leaning on hellcrow as being town for reasons i can't really articulate well. Mostly gut feels.
Understood. Can't agree more with the last two lines. I lean town on you :)

Unvote FrogSC2

I'll think about who to vote for, I'll go over the case on Flash,but don't recall seeing anything super scummy from him yet.

Thanks for the reply, Sigurd. I still have trouble reading you but I think it's a culture clash that causes the problem again, although it's much more mild (it doesn't have to be... explosive, all the time). I'd still like to see some more involvement on other things from you.

Now I gotta wonder who could be mafia... maybe someone in the Flashranite wagons. Or the inactives.
And at least one of the person I lean town on, I guess, I know my townreads tend to have some error to them as my statistics show...

Post-Thread Lock Update

I have a few announcements to make in regards to what occurred and how it will affect the game moving forward:

- I have still been unable to get subs for both Frog and roMCH. I'm still working on it, but hopefully I can get these filled. If anybody knows anyone who might want to sub, please send them to me.

- This day phase will be extended by 24 hours to compensate for the time that the thread was down. It will end at 00:00 EST Thursday May 5.

- I was informed that Frog decided to roleclaim/fakeclaim to players outside of the game after this incident. This is a tough situation for me as a host, because reranding everything in a closed setup ultimately provides a worse situation than what already started. Since it is only Day 1, I have decided to swap his role with two other player's roles. The players who receive this role swap should message me privately to confirm and not discuss the change in role. This would allow nobody to have extra due to this rule breakage. I will wait an hour or so to do this, so if anybody has issue with this means of handling it, contact me privately and explain why. I'm trying to settle this in the fairest way possible to the whole game, aand this seems like it, in my opinion.

- Additionally I would like to clarify, that the situation with Frog was not due to aggressive gameplay, but lather a disrespect for fellow players while doing so and spamming the thread, which was thankfully deleted by the moderators. Had the moderators not taken action, I also would have forced a sub out for my own reasons. Everyone is entitled to play the game how they please, so long as you retain some level of respect for your fellow players (and follow the rules).

Trust me, this situation has been a nightmare as a host, and I'm sure it has been the same as players. Please do not let the incident deter your activity in the game, I can assure you that these types of things only happen once in a blue moon. Please continue, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused!

Hey guys! I was AWOL since the game hadn't started, and then I was busy yesterday, but now I am here!

Modkill
Yeah, that role swap idea was pretty bad actually. I'm always hesitant to modkill, but this is clearly a situation that calls for it.

Dear FrogSC2,

HND-203-Clip-PR103-CW-1105_a1780a126_CWtv_720x400.jpg

You are Bellamy Blake!

Bellamy Blake

"We're at war, Clarke. We've all done things."

The older brother of Octavia, you attempted to assassinate Chancellor Jaha in order to sneak onto the dropship to protect your sister on Earth. You forced yourself into a leadership position in order to sabotage communication with the Ark, fearing for your own survival if anyone found out. After learning from Raven that Jaha did not die, you had to battle your inner demons to convince yourself that you are not a monster. After Clarke saved your life, you lead the group by her side, bringing a more aggressive viewpoint to the table.

Due to your aggressive nature, you will not hesitate to kill another person if they are causing enough harm to your group. Because of this, you are the vigilante. Two nights in the game, you may reply to this message with Kill: [User]. This kill is anonymous and will not be refunded if you hit somebody who is protected.

FrogSC2 has been modkilled. He was aligned with the town.

Well... he knew that this game's vigilante was 2-shot but insisted that there could be a full vig here despite it not even being meta in Bulbagarden.

He also insisted on Town Of Salem-like Jailor, though, so idk -_-

Quick noob question: how do you all vote on this site?

Also, I just want to point out that I ain't got no stinkin radio. :unsure:

Vote ImScotty

Kinda like this I think.

On this forum, unfortunately, going after inactives is just as likely to get Townies as it is to get scum.
Activity is not necessarily correlated to allignment. We've had horribly inactive town and very active and vocal scum, but the reverse is also true. There have been games (see Super War Room Mafia Mafia) where the mafia was the most inactive players, and there are definitely games where Town players are very active.
A lot of this comes back to meta reading, which is why I'm concerned in this game since I don't know a lot of the other player's metas. I can help out with the bmgf user's metas though, FWIW...

As a brief overview of some players (because I'm at work):
jackatlasred: always looks scummy. Rarely actually is scummy.
leetic: can look scummy at times also without being scummy.
Etrian Oddity: usually very inactive, both as town and scum. Always a follower, never a leader.
Mighty Eevee: does not respond well to pressure and will always look scummy if pressured too hard, regardless of actual allignment.
Zexy: well...there's a reason he was chosen as our rep for the intercommunity tournament.
Maniacal Engineer: always scum. Do not trust.

Are you suggesting that we actually, you know, lynch someone for being scummy and not just 'cause they aren't there?

That's going to be a tough pill to handle.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I can share my experiences with the Syndicate crew:

Sigurd: gets mislynched as town often. In his own words, if he looks scummy and messy, he's playing his civ game. If he looks civ and you start trusting him, he's probably bad. So there's that.
Metalmarsh: he used to get lynched early, and he behaves a little zany and off topic regardless of alignment. I find that when he starts to contribute more than usual, he is scum. MP can probably tell more about Mm's meta tho.
MP: you'll see some of his famous rainbow lists and he posts these regardless of alignment. He has a hard meta to pin, because I have seen him get argumentative and combative as both bad and good alignment. But I'd assume him to be more cordial when he is bad.
Scotty: I'm rarely bad, and that's a fact. I don't know my meta, so maybe the other guys can fill you in. I just think the sample size is too small

I think you underestimate my town game. Well maybe you don't Anyway, I think I was actually very on-topic in the Championship Scrimmage on TS, and I was indeed town.

Yep! I've been working on filling the spot through private communication.

Current Votals:
Zexy: I

Votals is my new favorite word!

I find statements like this to be redundant and potentially indicative of scum allignment. After all, would anyone actually go out and declare:
"I randed scum. Please kill me."

Well, a Jester might, but nobody who is actually scum is going to declare themselves as scum.

That said, you do seem to be putting in a good information gathering effort, so I'm leaning town on you.

Gotta go for now, PT session in 15 minutes. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I randed scum. Please kill me.

Well, Frog, in a regular Bulbagarden game, everyone can PM everyone, and the cop does indeed PM their checks. Mafia don’t tend to fakeclaim cop because the PMd check can just say in-thread “I’ve got a cop claim, any counterclaims?” And if a CC happens that Mafioso is doomed…

And yes, it is mostly played out of the thread. If one player gets confirmed as town in any way they become the town leader, get all the claims and try to weed out the fakes. Just check Monty Python Mafia to understand how we do things, please. Not saying it's the right way, it's our way, though.

Now, this is not a regular Bulbagarden game because outside chat is very limited. But it's not MU-style No Outside Chat (NOC) at all, either.
Think a bit about it; a community that's used to night-chess private-chat claim-games never got good in hypoclaiming :(

Wait what? You're telling me I could PM you right now with my role and alignment, and that would be ok?

Wow okay that sucked, but he was probably going to kill me so I won't shed to many tears.

Glad to see you here MM, how ya doing? how is the weather? are you mafia?

PMing role/alignment is not OK for this game, but it is OK for most other games in this site.
Frog was modkilled for PMing his role to living players after he was forcibly expelled from the game because of some posts of his that are deleted by staff.

Not if we all hypothetically discuss what we would do with a radio. I'll give Frogman this, there may actually be something to "hypoclaiming."

I myself did it to secure a mislynch on D1 in Build-It Mafia. It's a common tactic that particularly has no place here as a scumhunting technique since there are, unfortunately, many inactive Town players here, as well as some very active scum players.

Honestly, scumhunting based on activity is worthless. Scumhunting based on metas is not perfect, but it is a better route to go, especially in early game.
The most effective tactic is to go based on the game itself, which becomes easier as the game goes on.

I like this post, do you have any civ reads? If so could you name your top two.

Wow okay that sucked, but he was probably going to kill me so I won't shed to many tears.

Glad to see you here MM, how ya doing? how is the weather? are you mafia?

I'm doing great! I'm still kinda confused about how the threads work here. I posted one post, then saw a modkill of Frog right above it, and didn't understand the context behind it. But now I see that the modkill didn't come until later.

Weather is great!

I already answered that question. :sneaky:

PMing role/alignment is not OK for this game, but it is OK for most other games in this site.
Frog was modkilled for PMing his role to living players after he was forcibly expelled from the game because of some posts of his that are deleted by staff.

I did not PM my role to anyone, so please nobody modkill me! I promise I'll be a good marmot.

Why was Frog modkilled? I'm really confused right now.

Due to the situation that occurred and forced his sub out, he privately roleclaimed to other players behind my back. Since outside communication other than what I provide is not allowed in this game, I had no choice but to modkill him.

Due to the situation that occurred and forced his sub out, he privately roleclaimed to other players behind my back. Since outside communication other than what I provide is not allowed in this game, I had no choice but to modkill him.

Sounds fair to me.

You and MP would get along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom