• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The 100 Mafia (Endgame - Mafia and Independents Victory)

Should there be a 24 hr extension on Day 2?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor

[These are safe words that aren't related to AIDS, also are you serious?]
I know what you were doing, but you overdid it.
And yes, I'm serious, I want to organize who goes where so that it's actually useful.

Mid-phase Votals:
Zexy: I (Flashranite)
Flash: III ( Scotty, FinalArcadia, Jack)
Hellcrow: I (FrogSC2)
FrogSC2: I (Sigurd)

Post Counts (As of like 20-30 minutes ago when I counted and grouping multiposts together as one post):
Hellcrow: 14
Midorikawa: 0
Zexy: 13
Mighty Eevee: 12
Leetic: 8
Maniacal Engineer: 7
TheCapsFan: 5
bopolis: 10
Flashranite: 2
FrogSC2: 35
FinalArcadia: 2
Jack: 8
Jsach: 1
roMCH: (Sub pending)
MovingPictures07: 3
Elementar: 1
MetalMarsh89: 0
Pikochu: 1
ImScotty: 6
Sigurd: 6

Please remember that the minimum post count per day phase is three.

And @FrogSC2 : noted, I was actually about to message you privately about that.

@Etrian Oddity , @Kakashi Hatake , @Doctor Floptopus :

Could two of you guys sub in please? One for roMCH and one for Frog?

Alright, I think I caught up enough, though it was more of a scanning of the thread. My thoughts so far:

- The fight between Sig and Frog seems to be reminiscent of a fight that ME and I had in Super War Room Mafia. I haven't noticed too much outside intervention (Though I may have missed something) outside the two of them which raises the possibility of they are town manipulated by Mafia.

- While I see the value of Frog's activity, I'm a uncomfortable by how much he posts as it could be a possibility he's trying to flood the thread to make it hard for town members to refer back to find other scum.

- I think it may be more worth our time to do some sort of mass claiming within this or the next couple of phases.

Pikochu: More active and attention-seeking when town. More reserved when scum. Interested on why he wanted the radio discussion shut down.

I didn't want the radio discussion shut down. I'm worried having a discussion at that early of the game would lead to Mafia breadcrumbing early in the game.

Zexy, I'd like to believe you're Town, but you're insistence on receiving a radio is now coming off as power hungry, like Flash's insistence on the same.
I understand where you're coming from, and I rather doubt two scum would try to make a play for a radio, since, as the only form of OC, having as many townies to listen in on or give instructions to would be beneficial to scum

Correct me if I'm wrong, where does it say that scum can only OC each other with radio? They don't have an OC where they can nighttalk on their own?

I stand slightly corrected, Piko. Scum would have an OC chat created by DB.
What I meant in that section of my post is that having two scum with radios means that there would be one less townie with a radio that might follow OC orders.
Therefore, it doesn't make sense for two scum to power wolf for a radio, when all they need is one scum to get a radio.

Let me say this. Whoever reported that, I don't care who you are, or what drove you, if only the implications of the phrase. But different communities have different standards of acceptable language. I happen to know that term is widely used in the way Frog intended it, on multiple sites. It might not belong here. But in the future, consider that people come from different places, with different standards of speech. If you're concerned with the wording/language someone uses, it works (often enough) to ask politely for them to stop. Even approaching the host about it, if you must, is fair. But to go behind their back and demand they be censored is no better. I don't know what's behind the scenes, or why the host made their decision (which is law). But I'm disappointed.

Hm..... HODOR ?

HODOR HODOR .
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR ?
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR .
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR .
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR .
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR ?
HODOR HODOR HODOR .
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR ?
HODOR HODOR HODOR /HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR /HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR .
On the other hand, you've already made your point about the issue. Please stop.

Honestly, whoever you are, apologize. Regardless of what you said or intended, your actions were unnecessary. There was no need for things to get to this stage.

MOD NOTE:

I'm not going to say who reported what since it's anonymous, but they did the right thing. If you see something that is potentially offensive or rulebreaking, PLEASE REPORT IT. Sometimes asking someone to stop directly is fine, but the moderators are here to make sure things rum smoothly. There's no shame in reporting, and 90% of the time reports are from mods anyway. We are very likely to see a problem post and we will take care of it as the spirit of the rules dictates.

Until the situation is resolved I would like to ask that it not be discussed in thread. Thank you.

Gameplay and the like may still be discussed freely, and respectfully.

Ok, no response to my proposal before? I'm serious, if we don't make an attempt to organize radio use, town is missing out. I want answers.

Alright, many things happened. Please give me some time to catch up and post my thoughts.

Sigurd, please address the questions Frog asked you at #261 and #264.

Thanks for explaining all that stuff, Hellcrow. You saved me quite a hassle since I’d have to do so while simultaneously catching up :D

Sigurd… I don’t see why you would call out Frog for using post counts when in the scrimmage game he was town and did just that. I think Frog was town -_-

I don’t think leetic’s posts were that bad despite what Frog said, because I know his meta.

Caps looks just fine, Jsach indeed didn’t ever reply to what I asked him.

Bopolis… idk he’s not aggressive as usual, yet he raises good enough points… but mostly about Frog alone. Wanna see more.

Next up, @Flashranite; You call me out for talking about meta in an early-game post when I don’t have anything else to go off of? You call me out for talking about meta in an early-game post when all I did was try to help the others read the people they don’t know more easily with some meta input? Don’t just expect us to scumhunt using info n0/early d1. Also, I tend to form townreads much more easily than scumreads, that’s how I play. I don’t get why townreading alone is that scummy to do early on, it helps you rule out some people that you wouldn’t like to see lynched early on. I didn’t say that PRs should claim, but that they should consider breadcrumbing. If you’ve read stuff but not respond to it, how should we know that you read it and actually considered it? It felt like plain tunneling, sorry. Problem is, with you, you expect me to do different things from what I really would… so yeah that’s the kind of stuff I can bring to the table d1, sorry if you don’t like it but I don’t have any better leads to use so…

I don’t think Hellcrow is scummy for the reasons Frog thinks; he’s genuinely trying to help and solve this culture clash with as little misunderstanding as possible. Scum!Hellcrow is way more reserved, he feels no need to discuss anything in-thread because he knows more than the thread.

Also @jackatlasred; while I like most of your posts, I don’t think you’ve explained why you townread ME when you first said you townread him.

This is up to page 15/19. You can have this for now, I’ll be back for more soon.

Ugh. Sorry guys. Feeling a little demotivated after last night. My brain is also somewhat fried from a distinct lack of sleep last night.

I'll try to post something more cohesive later, but for now, I'll answer Hellcrow's hypothetical.

If I had a radio, I'd tune it to frequency 1 and chat with whoever else was there. Especially after this recent mess, town needs to regroup and organize. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of yelling and accusations and shitstorms were flying earlier only benefits mafia, because they can sit back and watch the chaos.
It wouldn't surprise me if one of the chaos starters was scum, but at most I'd say only one would be scum. It's also entirely possible that all of them are town, but due to the culture clash ended up arguing.
It happens. Regroup and come back stronger.

Okay
Hell, I'd be fine discussing frequencies, I think that can be helpful, but won't that out who has radios?

Zexy I'll look back over and answer those questions if I haven't. That is a good point on Frog which I forgot, also I was mafia that game and knew he wasn't. I do generally see wallflower/lurking hunting as scummy. I mean I've done it as mafia many times in the past.

@Zexy

im not going ot be aggressive because I don't want to hurt someones feelings and get booted from the site like some people already have, and sicne I would gather that I have a thicker skin than others im erring on the side of caution and I am trying to be extra non-combatative/aggressive in my approach to the game and with what I consider acceptible.

That all being said. Frog was clearly town.

Im also leaning on hellcrow as being town for reasons i can't really articulate well. Mostly gut feels.

Okay
Hell, I'd be fine discussing frequencies, I think that can be helpful, but won't that out who has radios?
Not if we all hypothetically discuss what we would do with a radio. I'll give Frogman this, there may actually be something to "hypoclaiming."

I do generally see wallflower/lurking hunting as scummy. I mean I've done it as mafia many times in the past.
I myself did it to secure a mislynch on D1 in Build-It Mafia. It's a common tactic that particularly has no place here as a scumhunting technique since there are, unfortunately, many inactive Town players here, as well as some very active scum players.

Honestly, scumhunting based on activity is worthless. Scumhunting based on metas is not perfect, but it is a better route to go, especially in early game.
The most effective tactic is to go based on the game itself, which becomes easier as the game goes on.

I have a question I want to hear from some bulba folk on WRT leectic.

Leectic gave frog a town read for posting alot of long posts. In my experience with frog this is a terrible reason to read frog or anyone town. However, I know the culture here is different than on sites i am more accustomed to playing.

Basically I'm asking is this read leectic has also considered too easy to make based on bu;bagarden meta or is it somethign you could see him or another player say as a town.

town!leetic could do that, yes. I think he's town, wouldn't necessarily be right, but for Frog in this case I think he's right too. Not right logic, just right conclusion.

@Maniacal Engineer; I’m not overly power hungry over the radio thing, I mostly wanted to help people out in private with meta and claims since I’m used to it all. I’m not going to snap because I didn’t get a radio or keep insisting that I should get one, and my play isn’t as one-sided as that like Flash likes to portray. I also think we can’t take Frog’s VT claim at face value, he’s a master of fakeclaiming as town (hypoclaiming as he calls it).

Bopolis’ cases all look fine for now. Just not as aggressive as I’m used to and possibly not involving the entire playerbase (yet, not going to push him since there are many players, he doesn’t know most of them and some don’t really help him read them when they post little).

Unvote: Flash

Vote: FrogSC2

Is that serious mason claim?

If you thought Frog was a mason, why vote for him?
Ugh so many posts, I wanna shoot myself now.* :p

@Frog it didn't seem like you addressed any questions to me you were talking about me yes, but not to me.

@TheCapsFan Have we played on MU before? Your username seems familiar but I can't recall from where.

*No that wasn't a vig claim, but if I could shoot someone it would be me :ROFLMAO:

What about you adress some of the points Frog made about you? I think he's mostly right which doesn't make you look too good...

I have no desire to answer questions of someone who is naming calling espacilly when I'm being called a lazy town when we aren't even a full 48 hours into the real game.

@Caps I was making a joke nothing more nothing else, but if to many people read me as civ then I'm most likely mafia or I'm just a civ with a good game. ;)

Okay cool I thought we played together but wasn't sure glad to see you in another game.

I'll also point out to everyone I'm a serious mafia player, but at the end of the day I play to have fun so yes I'll joke around, post OT, and not be serious all the time if you dislike that meh to bad. I can get very serious high post counts and what not, but that is rare if I have points to make, cases to build, or people to pursue I will. I won't just post alot to post and inflate my post count though. I view mafia for what it is a game and I'll treat it as such. :)

As much as I dislike Frog naming calling I have to agree that you are consistently avoiding to reply to some points made about you.

I understand and respect the last paragraph... but I still think you could use it to your advantage here to keep skating as scum.

Not sure if announcing in which chat we’d talk is good; mafia with radio can easily eavesdrop there. I also believe that town needs to always talk and never eavesdrop imho (maybe, if they want to try a fancy play, eavesdrop as PR or something). Mafia can risk talking and influencing townies or just eavesdrop and learn info.

I'd vote Sigurd for pressure around this point but since he just showed up and said he will reply I think it's not needed.
As for Flash, the way votes piled up on him make me afraid he's town :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom