• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The 100 Mafia (Endgame - Mafia and Independents Victory)

Should there be a 24 hr extension on Day 2?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because hypoclaiming may not work, I'm afraid, maybe just breadcrumbing your results?

I didn't get a radio :(

I dislike them as well. But I am against policy lynch of inactives.
Well, I'm not actually a PR.
Or am I?! :cool:

Ah, I am used to games that sometimes don't modkill inactives. Which makes things...complicated. I'd probably be concentrating on low posters here. Because at the end of the day, often times I'm used to Mafia blending in in low-effort situations. This is not always the case, but I see it more often than not.

Well, I'm not actually a PR.
Or am I?! :cool:

Ah, I am used to games that sometimes don't modkill inactives. Which makes things...complicated. I'd probably be concentrating on low posters here. Because at the end of the day, often times I'm used to Mafia blending in in low-effort situations. This is not always the case, but I see it more often than not.
On this forum, unfortunately, going after inactives is just as likely to get Townies as it is to get scum.
Activity is not necessarily correlated to allignment. We've had horribly inactive town and very active and vocal scum, but the reverse is also true. There have been games (see Super War Room Mafia Mafia) where the mafia was the most inactive players, and there are definitely games where Town players are very active.
A lot of this comes back to meta reading, which is why I'm concerned in this game since I don't know a lot of the other player's metas. I can help out with the bmgf user's metas though, FWIW...

As a brief overview of some players (because I'm at work):
jackatlasred: always looks scummy. Rarely actually is scummy.
leetic: can look scummy at times also without being scummy.
Etrian Oddity: usually very inactive, both as town and scum. Always a follower, never a leader.
Mighty Eevee: does not respond well to pressure and will always look scummy if pressured too hard, regardless of actual allignment.
Zexy: well...there's a reason he was chosen as our rep for the intercommunity tournament.
Maniacal Engineer: always scum. Do not trust.

Mighty Eevee: does not respond well to pressure and will always look scummy if pressured too hard, regardless of actual allignment.
Sadly true. I've snapped under pressure too many times to count. I'd like to think i'm getting better, but who knows?
Damn straight!

Relative background, in Build It, Engie blended in so well with the town that everyone trusted him and gave him vital information that he used to destroy the town.

Anyway, day 1 is day 1. I have no real reads right now. Which doesn't surprise me.

Vote: Maniacal Engineer

Just because you were first, doesn't mean I'm not ME.

Unvote: Maniacal Engineer

On this forum, unfortunately, going after inactives is just as likely to get Townies as it is to get scum.
Activity is not necessarily correlated to allignment. We've had horribly inactive town and very active and vocal scum, but the reverse is also true. There have been games (see Super War Room Mafia Mafia) where the mafia was the most inactive players, and there are definitely games where Town players are very active.
A lot of this comes back to meta reading, which is why I'm concerned in this game since I don't know a lot of the other player's metas. I can help out with the bmgf user's metas though, FWIW...

As a brief overview of some players (because I'm at work):
leetic: can look scummy at times also without being scummy.
Etrian Oddity: usually very inactive, both as town and scum. Always a follower, never a leader.
Zexy: well...there's a reason he was chosen as our rep for the intercommunity tournament.
Thanks for sharing. I guess I can share my experiences with the Syndicate crew:

Sigurd: gets mislynched as town often. In his own words, if he looks scummy and messy, he's playing his civ game. If he looks civ and you start trusting him, he's probably bad. So there's that.
Metalmarsh: he used to get lynched early, and he behaves a little zany and off topic regardless of alignment. I find that when he starts to contribute more than usual, he is scum. MP can probably tell more about Mm's meta tho.
MP: you'll see some of his famous rainbow lists and he posts these regardless of alignment. He has a hard meta to pin, because I have seen him get argumentative and combative as both bad and good alignment. But I'd assume him to be more cordial when he is bad.
Scotty: I'm rarely bad, and that's a fact. I don't know my meta, so maybe the other guys can fill you in. I just think the sample size is too small

I have to agree with ME when it comes to activity here… to put things into perspective, our biggest game ever had 1600 posts (the Syndicate scrimmage had around 3000), we haven’t got a game with more than 800 posts for months and I am considered one of the most active people around when in TS I had trouble catching up :)

As for ME’s meta reads on people; agreed on jackatlasred, EO, Eevee. Would like to add that leetic tends to be too scummy to be scum when actually scum. ME himself, he can be good as mafia but my gut says town for this game, he’s just trying to help too much, it feels genuine enough.

I’ll agree with Scotty on MP: he can fool you well enough by post content alone when scum, watch out!

Last but not least, meta on others ME and Eevee didn’t cover:

Hellcrow: Tends to be inactive because of his “I’ll only post when I have something important to add.” philosophy. His perception of “something important” is much more picky than most people :) When scum, tends to be a bit more inactive, because when he knows the entire team, there are few “important” stuff that should be posted in his mind.

Midorikawa: Tends to be aggressive and makes wallposts with quotes and questions stuff and pressures… which is nothing I’ve seen so far, so I’m a bit alarmed. But she only came back now after quite the lengthy break, so it may be rustiness/not knowing the people well enough. When scum we tend to figure her out early enough so no worries :)

TheCapsFan: He’s good, has played many scum games, not sure yet how to discern his metas. Watch out :)

Bopolis: Also extremely aggressive and somewhat argumentative from what I’ve seen of him in MU, idk why he hasn’t acted yet. Haven’t ever seen a scumgame of his.

Flashranite: Never played a regular mafia game with him, I can tell he’s manipulative from the 2 gimmick games we’ve played together, though.

FrogSC2: Very good at standard MU reading techniques, should be quite towny if town. Yet I haven’t seen his scum meta either.

FinalArcadia: Tends to slide as scum; many times she’s caught (most of the time she’s the last scum to be caught) others she wins in endgame.

Jsach: Their first game ever idk.

Elementar: Explained himself that he’s new etc. idk how scum!him would be

Pikochu: More active and attention-seeking when town. More reserved when scum. Interested on why he wanted the radio discussion shut down.

As Chess Mafia has demonstrated, that's not always the safest thing to assume - be on the lookout for him.

The way to tell the difference (I think) is that town!EO will generally post something, while scum!EO will post nothing (see Fruit Bowl and Monty Python).

But remember, to every meta there is an exception as players can learn from mistakes/try new strategies. Therefore, I wouldn't try and rely on these too much.

Sorry for arriving to the party late, all! It's been really busy; my wife just left yesterday for a week and I'm frantically trying to get end of the semester assignments done before this Thursday amid technical issues, and what free time I have had has gone toward getting my Futurama Mafia game ready. I don't have more time than like a minute now, but I'll check back later tonight after I've worked on some more stuff.

@Zexy, even though you say you were busy, I am sure I saw you likingat least one post meaning you were around and could have posted, no?

also, regarding talking about things, it is ALWAYS better to talk about something than nothing. At least with posts, you can find intent, without, you cannot.

Also, @Zexy and @ImScotty, could you both explain what you are talking about regarding claiming and breadcrumb ing results and why PRS should out?

@Maniacal Engineer, if you are not voting anyone and going to FOS me, why not place a vote, it ID ED1 after all?

Vote: Zexy

I still think your play is scummy because everything you have done so far, I see coming from scum intent, will explain more after you and ImScotty answer my question.

Since Night 0 talk is what the majority of the posts have been, I'll give my thoughts on that.

Personally, I don't think there was much point to all the discussion on the radios. Flashranite's initial post prompting the discussion was (or at least the part directly talking about radios):
Flashranite said:
So, DB said we could talk about game relevant stuff during night 0 and since we can start up discussions, I think we should do so! I would like every player to make two nominations for giving out the radio by n0 and reasons for it.
But the rules - under the limited OC section - say that you only get to choose a frequency to either talk or eavesdrop in, and it doesn't sound like you get any indication of the player who may be in that frequency as well until you've actually chosen. So even if the radios went to players who are considered the best at OC communications, there is still a bit of a luck element involved in choosing a frequency that actually has others in it (not to mention, who it has in it). The game hadn't even started yet, there would be no reason to choose two best candidates for radios when there were little-to-no posts yet to go off of in determining some initial alignment guesses/reads. For all anyone knows, one or both choices could be scum, and the odds of opinions changing on who would be best for radios would almost assuredly change even by D1 depending on the volume of posts we get in here.

At least there was discussion, true, but I don't know how much of it really is all that important when the game hadn't even started yet. In my opinion, the most noteworthy post was Flashranite's prompt.

That said, I like Pikochu's Night 0 posts. Mainly because I feel the same way about the discussion on radios before D1 haha. Maniacal Engineer also gives me some good vibes initially since he started the really in-depth analysis on who to give radios to with the whole "looking at performance" thing, which seems like he was legitimately working out who might be best (even if I disagree on the whole matter of the discussion).

For the record, I'm not saying to never talk about the radios and who to give them to. I just feel as though Night 0 was a bit early when, like, half the player list hadn't posted anything and I wouldn't want to risk influencing someone with a radio into accidentally making a bad move when there hadn't yet been enough info to feel even somewhat informed imo.

@Flashranite;
I've checked the site from my phone a few times, that's why. Wouldn't bother posting from there in n0 when I could just pull off a wallpost early enough in d1.

I have to disagree tbh because most of your posts are just not needed for your intent to be judged; you have a different playstyle and could be posting these thoughts with townie intent, yet the actual content wasn't that useful imo, so having that much of a talk with you wasn't needed at all.

What scummy things have I done so far? Asking to get a radio for legit reasons (having the most meta knowledge and OC experience) plus stopping discussing pointlessly with you?

Lots of disscussion going on but none of it is enough for me to place a vote yet. Just gonna wait this one out for now.

Lots of disscussion going on but none of it is enough for me to place a vote yet. Just gonna wait this one out for now.
Anything that stands out to you? Even if you are not sure about someone being mafia.
People who could be town? I understand that it is your first game, so are you confused? Can I help?

When does this period end? Just so I can manage my time here over the next 48 hours. Thanks. Sorry for the spotty initial activity, I promise it'll increase once my RL settles down.

When does this period end? Just so I can manage my time here over the next 48 hours. Thanks. Sorry for the spotty initial activity, I promise it'll increase once my RL settles down.
Phase end is Wednesday the 4th at 0:00am EST...

Also, don't worry guys, I'll get to responding to posts in a bit. I'm busy at work today.

Oh, good, I'll definitely be able to pop in before then. Cool. Thanks! See you all soon.

I'm not 100% sure about Flashranite, as he seems to be overaccusative and voted without providing his full reason (while not giving much of a reason for not providing the full reason (say that five times fast)). But it's a slight lean, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I was wrong.

Hey guys, checkign in.

Im multitabling so im not going ot be around untill a bit later. Just letting you know i haven't forgotten abotu this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom