• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for me on the Mido thing, I'm going to wait until she does get to provide her reasoning. It could have been anything, but it still doesn't look too good at all. It all depends on if we believe her story or not.

@Midorikawa

Did you use an action or item last night, and if so, on who?

Okay, I was going to wait on a response from Midori, but probably better to just go ahead and out this info since I'd be doing it anyway later on.

I know that Midorikawa visited leetic during the night. And now he's dead. Occam's Razor says that Midori is most likely scum who visited leetic as a result of putting in the nightkill on him. There are some scenarios where she could be town having visited him, but imo the most obvious conclusion is that she is mafia.

VOTE: Midorikawa

YES MIDORIKAWA USED AN ACTION LAST NIGHT BECAUSE SHE'S A WATCHER!!!

Sheesh. Midorikawa watched leetic last night because with leetic's role being thought to be a courier, I thought regardless of being subbed out, it might be good to watch. And just for everyone's information Midorikawa watched TheCapsFan night one. No one visited him. I won't say the results for leetic currently, because...I'm confirming something with the host. He told me leetic visited no one...which is weird because I'm a watcher. I'll gladly tell you the results once I hear back from the host.

By the way FA-Watcher item right? :p since item claiming is against the rules, you obviously can't confirm this, but I know you implied it before. Which is why I mentioned that there might be items like roles. (The closest I've ever gotten to a softclaim)

I just thought it was slightly questionable, that's all. I'm not claiming that you are scum, but you had a little scummy behaviour. However, being that defensive is a little suspicious.

@jdthebud, do you have anything against me, or just Pikochu? And what do you say on this Mido thing?
It was Pikochu's first post, it was really scummy. It's been hard for me to shake it off with a substitute coming in.

Well, Mido's claim of being a Watcher is somewhat believable, but I'll reserve judgement until she completes her action claim. If FA is a Tracker, then it makes sense that there is a Watcher as well to complement it. If she was scum, I have a hard time seeing the strategy of claiming to watch leetic, since whoever she gets is going to be lynched, or she will be lynched next phase. I guess a 1-1 trade could be viable this late into the game though.

with 12 people, we have these role claims/confirmations so far:

Miller - CapsFan
Miller - Drumbeats
Tracker - FA
Watcher - Mido
Announcer - Zexy (dead)
Announcer - Unknown
Courier - leetic (dead)
Restless Spirit - Leggo

There are only four players left to claim something, including me, and there should be at least 3 mafia members. Since I am not a cop, I think either someone here is lying about their role or the Announcer is mafia-aligned, since I really do think there is a cop in this setup. Unless the role/alignment checks are performed by items, which is a possibility.

Thoughts?

An interesing development by Midorikawa!
I'll onyx my vote on her, at least for now. Assuming she's town, that should move the possibility of scum hammering her further up the Mohs scale before she gets potentially useful info out.
UNVOTE: Midorikawa

@TheCapsFan, why does me believing the miller claims = me as scum? It was more about thinking through the logic of the play and concluding that it was very unlikely for a mafia to make that claim. Besides, I was not the only one to townread @Midorikawa, she seemed to be genuinely trying to help the town. It's not like it was a strong town read.

However, I'm glad you have made an appearance and to be honest I now have an even stronger town read on you right now. Can you give some reads on the other players as well? I am still suspicious of Elementar, who replaced Pikochu.

Towning DB and FA (if the evidence proves true). Also Crystal Onix is pretty much confirmed. Mixed-town on Leggo. Mixed on the rest.

Since we are now two votes away from the hammer I want to hear from Midorikawa before voting, but it's looking like we have found scum.

Another reason why I scumread you. You had an opportunity to vote early in the wagon, is this why you didn't? Also what are your suspicions of Elementar?

I still believe Mido is the best bet for a lynch today.

Also, just saying, but if the doctor can be an item, why can't the cop?

I also still believe Mido to be mafia. My previous case on her/Zexy interaction still stands, and this is incriminating imo. I don't believe that there would be both a tracker, watcher, and watcher item in this game, especially since the majority of roles we seem to be dealing with are nonvisiting. We also know there to be a cop in the game due to the miller aspect, so cop + Tracker + Watcher + Watcher item seems like too much.

Vote: Midorikawa

Mido: 4 votes
Hellcrow: 1 vote

9 Players in the game
5 needed to hammer.

jd, I think you should re-evaluate your read on me if it was one of Piko's posts that you got a vibe on.

Thankfully I halted my vote on Mido, because that seems like a reasonable claim. I might hold onto my vote. HC is really hard to read at the moment, and I believe Mido's claim, so both wagons aren't really ideal for me.

Just to clarify, if you'd be so kind, why use a night phase for that?
Okie doks. I don't know if you remember, but maybe you do as it was your first mafia game, in LotR Mafia, Phoenicks needed to find a sub for someone that was Town (it might've been Flip/Flop iirc) after running out of subs and he would have had subbed in Paperhorse, a player who already died in the game (but had so much info in the game already). To avoid subbing her in, he suggested to mafia (I was a part of the mafia in that game) to NK that person, so we did.

With that thinking, it could've been possible that roMCH suggested NK'ing leetic to not have to find a sub as sometimes subs can be hard to find which is why one cannot have too many subs.

In terms of easy kills, there was a mafia game where I was mafia and I was trying so hard to to lynch someone, but I couldn't. This resulted in no NKs for like 2 or 3+ night phases.

This is why there's like a mafia tactic to lynch someone one knows is not going to be protected, but at the same time, it's better to NK someone who has a strong town vibe rather than an Ominous Wind one which is why I agree with you that the mafia shouldn't have gone after leetic in terms of playing as mafia as that would help me a bit in terms of backing me up on me saying that I got a message.

Plus, the game is still a bit young, so the mafia shouldn't be worrying about having successful NKs, tbh.
I AM NOT THE SECOND ANNOUNCER, SORRY. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE AN INKLING OF WHO IT MIGHT BE AND I THINK THEY'RE TRUSTWORTHY SO FAR.
Me too. Keep doing what you're doing, announcer.

Gotta protect their possible identity to avoid the mafia from getting them, yes.
Seems to be holding off scum hunting a little bit, but this was after suggesting how much scum there could be. Seems to help us do our scumhunting, but seems to hold of their own a bit. I might be wrong, so feel free to provide your reasoning guys.
I do need to note that since you're in Australian time iirc, your mornings are my nighttime as I live in PST, so when I posted, it was at 1 AM unless you're expecting me to scumhunt 24/7.

Like I was expecting to make more posts later on in the day at that time which is why that post might have seemed like the inside of a
292MS.png
to you.

I also still believe Mido to be mafia. My previous case on her/Zexy interaction still stands, and this is incriminating imo. I don't believe that there would be both a tracker, watcher, and watcher item in this game, especially since the majority of roles we seem to be dealing with are nonvisiting. We also know there to be a cop in the game due to the miller aspect, so cop + Tracker + Watcher + Watcher item seems like too much.
According to this,
- There will be Items, and these items have been designed to be assigned to a specific role in Pre-game Development.

- For any player that holds an Item, they must either ##Use or ##Trade their item during the Night phase. If the item is not used or traded, then it will be dropped and no longer available for the entire game.
items seem to be "use this in this phase or you'll never get to use it" kind of thing, so it doesn't really seem OP for town to have those kinds of items as long as they're "use once or nothing" kind of thing.

Regarding the Midorikawa case, I think it might be best to vote her as we have a lead and it's better to find out than to never know at all.

I do admit this can be dangerous stuff as there is the possibility that Midorikawa could flip town or FA could be lying like there's some people who are very good at lying when it comes to mafia.

Vote: Midorikawa

May you please say why you don't think that it's necessary to reveal the other announcer? I have played a game with these roles before, so that'd help me out :)

@TheCapsFan I think you missed the end of my last post, where I did bring that possibility up of an item being a role/alignment check. Also, yeah, the hammer mechanic was why I hesitated to vote for Mido earlier on as well. I still haven't voted because of it.

@Elementar You have a point, I think I was just frustrated that he was inactive after making that scummy post, which at the time seemed like a decent scum lead.

I'm still waiting to hear from Midorikawa about her action from last night, but if it never comes...

426MS.png
away because it's 2 AM and I'm sleepy.
May you please say why you don't think that it's necessary to reveal the other announcer? I have played a game with these roles before, so that'd help me out :)
I think it would be better to let the announcer to remain anonymous as revealing their identity might lead to the mafia targetting them if the announcer is town which isn't good, what they have to say might be useful and knowing who they are might discredit the info (but that would be the fallacy of tu quoque to invalidate something someone is saying based on their character, whether or not they are a hypocrite, or something like that), and plus, due there being no outside communication, one is not able to reach out to the announcer privately unless one is in an established faction with them.

Well, as I always say, ubi dubium ibi libertas (why am I doing this...) As long as it's the veritas. I intelligere where you are coming from now. Gratias tibi. Although, it would be nice veritatem cognoscere. Let's vince malum bono! (I feel like such a stultus right now...)

Sheesh. Midorikawa watched leetic last night because with leetic's role being thought to be a courier, I thought regardless of being subbed out, it might be good to watch. And just for everyone's information Midorikawa watched TheCapsFan night one. No one visited him. I won't say the results for leetic currently, because...I'm confirming something with the host. He told me leetic visited no one...which is weird because I'm a watcher. I'll gladly tell you the results once I hear back from the host.
I don't get why leetic would be a good choice though or how him being courier affects that? It just sounds very convenient. I doubt many people would've thought that leetic would be targeted for anything when his slot was essentially an empty slot without a sub for the time being and seemingly wouldn't pose a threat to mafia to be targeted.

The last part of that paragraph though I can kinda believe because I have a similar situation going on. When I said that no one targeted leetic during N1 then came back later saying that instead I was sure that leetic was courier, it was because I misread my results because I thought I was watcher (I'm called insomniac to be specific), but really I function as a tracker based on my past two results.

So yeah, the truth is I don't have an item to get these results, its really my ability. I'm flat-out claiming now because we essentially have the same role and I'm thinking we're oppositely aligned, because watcher/tracker could function as an informative role for scum since it could help them figure out power roles. Given that I know that I'm town, your watching leetic sounds incredibly convenient, this ability could potentially function as a mafia ability for information, and that you haven't voted this phase or given a counterwagon (which I would think town!you would do and that you might not be in order to avoid giving us info if/when you flip) I still am keeping my vote.

Well, as I always say, ubi dubium ibi libertas (why am I doing this...) As long as it's the veritas. I intelligere where you are coming from now. Gratias tibi. Although, it would be nice veritatem cognoscere. Let's vince malum bono! (I feel like such a stultus right now...)
Completely off topic...but that's like the worst latin I've ever seen. XD Veritas should be verum, intelligere should be intelligo, I believe you have to include a "do" with "gratias tibi." "veritatem cognoscere" is actually proper, so good job there. :p

Sorry, I just wanted to interject. and no, JD, I didn't bread the last part of your latest post.

Noted FA.

Mido : "Watcher" - Nobody visited leetic
FA : "Watcher" - Mido visited leetic

Only one can be telling the truth here, so one of the two is scum, probably mido

I have to admit Midorikawa disappearing again rub-ies me the wrong way, as if she was counting on someone to unvote her in hopes of getting new info and she runs down the day phase for another no-lynch. I feel like it's time to accept that's the case and VOTE: Midorikawa.

@TheCapsFan I think you missed the end of my last post, where I did bring that possibility up of an item being a role/alignment check. Also, yeah, the hammer mechanic was why I hesitated to vote for Mido earlier on as well. I still haven't voted because of it.

@Elementar You have a point, I think I was just frustrated that he was inactive after making that scummy post, which at the time seemed like a decent scum lead.

I'm still waiting to hear from Midorikawa about her action from last night, but if it never comes...
I'm still waiting. Not sure if anyone else noticed this but frustratingly enough MCH isn't the most active host -_-
I don't get why leetic would be a good choice though or how him being courier affects that? It just sounds very convenient. I doubt many people would've thought that leetic would be targeted for anything when his slot was essentially an empty slot without a sub for the time being and seemingly wouldn't pose a threat to mafia to be targeted.

The last part of that paragraph though I can kinda believe because I have a similar situation going on. When I said that no one targeted leetic during N1 then came back later saying that instead I was sure that leetic was courier, it was because I misread my results because I thought I was watcher (I'm called insomniac to be specific), but really I function as a tracker based on my past two results.

So yeah, the truth is I don't have an item to get these results, its really my ability. I'm flat-out claiming now because we essentially have the same role and I'm thinking we're oppositely aligned, because watcher/tracker could function as an informative role for scum since it could help them figure out power roles. Given that I know that I'm town, your watching leetic sounds incredibly convenient, this ability could potentially function as a mafia ability for information, and that you haven't voted this phase or given a counterwagon (which I would think town!you would do and that you might not be in order to avoid giving us info if/when you flip) I still am keeping my vote.
I'm called and insomniac too. Though it is as a watcher. I actually had to remind MCH to give me my results night one. Though I'm also called town watcher in my role. I get watcher results not tracker because it said no one visited caps night one.

Also by your logic we should have lunged one of the millers. Or just because millers are essentially useless roles they can be the same alignment.
Noted FA.

Mido : "Watcher" - Nobody visited leetic
FA : "Watcher" - Mido visited leetic

Only one can be telling the truth here, so one of the two is scum, probably mido
I don't know yet!!! I'm still waiting for a clarification from MCH. I don't even know if my role can see the night kill.

I have to admit Midorikawa disappearing again rub-ies me the wrong way, as if she was counting on someone to unvote her in hopes of getting new info and she runs down the day phase for another no-lynch. I feel like it's time to accept that's the case and VOTE: Midorikawa.

I went to bed last night and right now I'm at work. I have a life. The phase doesn't end until 11ish est time. Which means there is no need to rush because people have lives. I haven't heard from MCH and I've been checking like crazy.

I need my breaks as I'm a busy man and when I do have time I tend to play video games and forget about updating.
I realize a host should be more active, but I also can't make that commitment to be consistant more often than not, but as a player I'm even worse, hence why I only host these days and when I do play I tend to sub out for petty reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom