• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

The animation seems very similar to Gen VI. Although I didn't expect this, I realised that I should have considering that Gen III-V was quite similar.

About Zygarde and its 4 signature moves, I'm guessing that you can choose to have on out of Land's Wrath, Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves. They all same the same base power and PP, but with differing additional effects. Or it could have something to do with the Core you're using. But 4 signature moves is quite a lot, and they'll need to handle that.

And, according to a quick Google search, Selene is the Greek Goddess of the Moon while Helios (Elio) is the personification of the Sun. Selene and Helios were supposedly rivaling siblings.

EDIT - after a little more research, seems Selene and Helios had another sibling, Eos. Eos is apparently Goddess of the Dawn.
You completely summed it up well. Maybe Eos is the secret rival who chooses the starter strong against yours.

Also, while researching names, I got curious if there was any lore surrounding Lillie as a name. Lillie, as a name, comes from the flower lily. In France, the lily is the "fleur de lis". A lot of people have theorized the relationship between Lillie and Magearna as well as Magearna's connection to Kalos (and the overall connection to Kalos by Sun and Moon).
Some people speculate that the Pokemon in Lillie's bag, there's a scene where a Pokemon in her bag goes Pew!, is Magearna and that's why she has such a big heart and soul for injured Pokemon.

RainbowLifeAndLove said:
Some people speculate that the Pokemon in Lillie's bag, there's a scene where a Pokemon in her bag goes Pew!, is Magearna and that's why she has such a big heart and soul for injured Pokemon.
Except that magearna is a mythical mon. The only time a mythical appeared in-game is through in-game events(which hasn't been in the series since 2011) like flower paradise ect....

I really don't see any reason to expect magearna to show up in-game tbh.

Except that magearna is a mythical mon. The only time a mythical appeared in-game is through in-game events(which hasn't been in the series since 2011) like flower paradise ect....

I really don't see any reason to expect magearna to show up in-game tbh.
I would love it if Magearna is inside that bag! I would also love it if it's the start of breaking the shackles on Mythical Pokemon. I really dislike Event Pokemon, because I can never obtain them.

Last edited:
EDIT - after a little more research, seems Selene and Helios had another sibling, Eos. Eos is apparently Goddess of the Dawn.
SINNOH CONFIRMED
I'm more inclined to believe the theory someone posted about Lillie being based off of that Hawaiian queen whose name I cannot spell.

And, according to a quick Google search, Selene is the Greek Goddess of the Moon while Helios (Elio) is the personification of the Sun. Selene and Helios were supposedly rivaling siblings.

Also, while researching names, I got curious if there was any lore surrounding Lillie as a name. Lillie, as a name, comes from the flower lily. In France, the lily is the "fleur de lis". A lot of people have theorized the relationship between Lillie and Magearna as well as Magearna's connection to Kalos (and the overall connection to Kalos by Sun and Moon).

The greek word in general for Sun is also ilios, so that's another reference. I actually wouldn't mind if those were the names.

I really hope we get at least 8/9 legendary's this gen, I'd like to be able to catch more of them in locations again. I also would love another trio.

I'm not sure I fully believe that Magearna is in Lillie's bag (the bag looks too small for one), but I would not be surprised if there was a new, different pokemon hiding in it.

I do however think that it's clear she won't be a rival in the vein of Barry, Gary, or Silver. Maaaaaaaaaybe she'll be akin to Bianca or someone like Trevor or Teirno, but I'm not convinced. I think she'll simply be a recurring NPC who comes to learn that Pokemon battling is not about pain and suffering, but the spirit of competition and friendship.

I think she'll simply be a recurring NPC who comes to learn that Pokemon battling is not about pain and suffering, but the spirit of competition and friendship.
But they did say she's going to have an important role in the storyline. I really can't see them making her just a simple recurring character.

Game Freak will probably troll us all and the item inside Lillie's bag will probably be a Poke Doll..

Probably the copycat girl's doll...

But they did say she's going to have an important role in the storyline. I really can't see them making her just a simple recurring character.
To be honest, Game Freaks definitions of important characters doesn't always seem to make a lot of sense.

Can you elaborate please?

For example, only recently did Gym Leaders start taking on roles greater than "required boss fight". Most of the Pokemon League have yet to do so. These characters are clearly important, but don't actually do a whole lot in the game.

Or my personal favorite, Concordia and Anthea in BW and BW2. Important enough to be unique sprites, included in the opening movie, and tied to N's story but... What exactly do they do beyond spouting exposition? I remember us breaking down that single frame from a black and white trailer that they appeared in and we were very disappointed when they just... Served no purpose.

Does anyone else wonder where exactly are we going to shop for clothes? With so few towns and cities there's isn't many places to situate boutiques. I have been scanning the map and don't see any buildings that could function as boutiques.

One option is that trainer customization is post game in Kalos. Another option is that we receive a fashion shopping device almost like how we shop for clothes online.

A last option is that one big building, possibly that resort with golf course, houses all the clothes and we do all our shopping there.

Does anyone else wonder where exactly are we going to shop for clothes? With so few towns and cities there's isn't many places to situate boutiques. I have been scanning the map and don't see any buildings that could function as boutiques.

One option is that trainer customization is post game in Kalos. Another option is that we receive a fashion shopping device almost like how we shop for clothes online.

A last option is that one big building, possibly that resort with golf course, houses all the clothes and we do all our shopping there.
Have you seen the clothes they sell at clubhouses? No way would I want that to be the only place ot shop.

I imagine there will be a boutique of some kind in the Honolulu city. Probably a section of the regional department store.

I'm not sure I believe she has any sort of live creature in her bag. It would seem to be kind of crude to keep a Pokemon stuffed away in a bag, with no fresh air. If she believes battling hurts Pokemon, why would she think something would want to live in a bag?

Have you seen the clothes they sell at clubhouses? No way would I want that to be the only place ot shop.

I imagine there will be a boutique of some kind in the Honolulu city. Probably a section of the regional department store.

I really would like to see a regional department store once again. I'm severely disappointed Kalos did not have a regional equivalent.

I'm not sure I believe she has any sort of live creature in her bag. It would seem to be kind of crude to keep a Pokemon stuffed away in a bag, with no fresh air. If she believes battling hurts Pokemon, why would she think something would want to live in a bag?

I really would like to see a regional department store once again. I'm severely disappointed Kalos did not have a regional equivalent.
Hmm, I suppose it's possible that she doesn't have a living creature in there, but how do you explain the sounds and the bag moving?

I will remind you that this series centers around taking animal-like creatures and storing them digitally in smooth spheres with no air holes, and that many pokemon have no need or way to breathe.

I probably name one of my game's character Solar and the other by my first name (not my username of the forums). I have no idea what name related to the moon I could use for my male character in Moon. Luna is for a female character so that won't work. I wonder if I could use Dark Moon? Anyway, if the official names for the main characters of Sun and Moon are release then I might use them.

I probably name one of my game's character Solar and the other by my first name (not my username of the forums). I have no idea what name related to the moon I could use for my male character in Moon. Luna is for a female character so that won't work. I wonder if I could use Dark Moon? Anyway, if the official names for the main characters of Sun and Moon are release then I might use them.
I recommend something like Umbras or Artemis.

Back
Top Bottom