• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mafia would do X" is a valid logic, though, and I've seen first-time players talking like that.

Let me disagree. You've gone to the other one, completely underrating meta. It IS useful in cases like MCH's because it really explains things for him.

Lynching someone who isn't checking IS wrong because we get no info.

It was HumanDawn...

Everyone's who defended MCH has used meta on him. EVERYONE.

I feel like you're more involved in this game which is a bit nice. Town lean (for now, because I'm paranoid xD)

shh everyone'll see this you'll know they'll ship it

He did not read the OP properly but I doubt scum!him wouldn't know that all his buddies were vanilla by this point.
Most mafia; but most probably not MCH in particular. That's what everyone's saying as his defense. And it's just meta. I understand not liking it but that's what we have.
We can pull off the "We don't really know..." card on almost everything that can be a townlean, that's not going to help town.
No one would believe it is genuine, for one; that's the power of meta.
Also, after the latest thing I’m even more convinced that MCH is just town…

Anyways, VOTING TIME! Won’t go with Elementar tbh because I’ve seen town!him being like that while scum!him is cautious and it’s worked well.

2) @Sunsette – Wouldn’t like to lynch today, has brought a few good posts.
3) @Hellcrow – Wouldn’t like to lynch today but please post some more.
4) @Elementar – Would rather not lynch him because of meta reasons (sorry, Mido xD) but I think he’s still a better lynch than lots of other people
5) @Slife – Wouldn’t like to lynch today, has brought a few good posts.
6) @Pikochu – I think he’s a viable candidate for disappearing after making a few town-looking posts.
7) @jdthebud – Wouldn’t like to lynch today, not enough info from this lynch.
8) @White Crow – Wouldn’t like to lynch today at all, hasn’t even posted, 0 info from this lynch.
9) @Midorikawa – Looks quite towny, wouldn’t like to lynch today
10) @HumanDawn – Please reply about the <s> part. Aside from that tinfoil he is OK, I guess? I wouldn’t be completely against lynching him (because of the tinfoil but mostly out of fear that if he’s scum and we keep him alive for too long we’re doomed…) but I think there are MUCH better options.
11) @Life - Looks quite towny, wouldn’t like to lynch today
12) @RainbowSkittles - Wouldn’t like to lynch today, not enough info from this lynch.
13) @MMMMMMMMMMMMM – New and town-looking, wouldn’t like to lynch today.
14) @Andrew1990 - Wouldn’t like to lynch today, new player, not enough info from this lynch. Please post more.
15) @Molten Eevee – Wouldn’t like to lynch today because I think he’s town (meta, sorry Mido :p)
16) @Space – Those few posts I saw looked fine enough, I see little reason to lynch her when we wouldn’t get good info from it.
17) @returnofmastercrazyhand – I insist he’s town. Don’t lynch him.
18) @Calvin ッ – Could lynch this one I feel like he’s posted stuff without it being any meaningful.

Tl;dr I would like Pikochu/Calvin wagons. Elementar is an option I’m willing to consider despite the meta (although too many people pushing there makes him more likely town pushed by scum). Better him than MCH if it really gets down to that.

VOTE: Pikochu

Gotta go for several hours, not sure if I'll be back for update but I may check the game from my phone and change my vote if really needed (I don't want to see MCH lynched. Nope.)

On the inactive vs can't post thing, I meant morally. I'm pretty sure I made it clear I hate lunches that do nothing for us. But if I have reason to vote skmekne and they're choosing not to come on and defend themselves then I don't care that they got lynchhed. Of someone can't defend themselves and has said why then I don't believe in lunching them.

Secondly the coding thing was actually s joke ^^; as someone who is part of different forums it can be hard to tell which forum uses what code. I've mixed up code a few times before myself.

Actually, I want my vote to actually count now.

UNVOTE: Midorikawa

VOTE: returnofmastercrazyhand

Well you gave up easily. Exactly what have I don't that's scummy in this game that I did as scum in another game. Though really I couldn't care two cents about a vote on me. Three or more is worth caring about.

@HumanDawn whatever you're thinking isn't probably what he's thinking. I didn't play with elementar till my recent return to Mafia. Unless you've been reading recent games.

And I'm not going to bother changing my vote because four in one person is enough, and I'm fine with a PIKO lynch so I don't care if he dies either. Outside of him I'm fine with elementar or MCH. Any of these three are fine with me.

Also at work so replies will be crappily done.

don't see any real reason like you're stating you had.
"Real" reason means "A reason I approve of, which means you're reason isn't valid because I don't approve of that reason", right?

please quote the post instead of just insisting that you did state a reason.
It's not relevant.

This bandwagon on Piko seems rather sudden to me...

@HumanDawn whatever you're thinking isn't probably what he's thinking. I didn't play with elementar till my recent return to Mafia. Unless you've been reading recent games.

All right. Still gonna wait on Elementar before discussing what I think it could be.

"Real" reason means "A reason I approve of, which means you're reason isn't valid because I don't approve of that reason", right?
Not at all. A real reason is a reason besides blind/random/joke voting, which I have been unable to find in any of your posts despite your insistence otherwise. How can it possibly not be relevant when that's the very topic we're arguing on?

I'm a bit iffy on Elementar because I find it odd how he wanted to lynch an inactive when he himself only had two posts at that point. Or one really since the first post was just saying he was there and paying attention. Not enough to warrant a lynch on him but it's still kinda weird imo

This bandwagon on Piko seems rather sudden to me...

What's your specific opinion on it then? You think Pikochu is town, or...?

I have no opinion on Piko at this time... I'm just noting that the phase has a few hours left at the most, and a bandwagon has formed on Piko. Contenders in said bandwagon pulled votes off other people including MCH and myself, to vote for Piko.

If Piko flips town, I am going to take a very close look at the people in that bandwagon...

I'm a bit iffy on Elementar because I find it odd how he wanted to lynch an inactive when he himself only had two posts at that point. Or one really since the first post was just saying he was there and paying attention. Not enough to warrant a lynch on him but it's still kinda weird imo

Hello!

Are you thinking of voting anyone?

Darn it I had a whole post written out and it got deleted. Here we go again

I have no opinion on Piko at this time... I'm just noting that the phase has a few hours left at the most, and a bandwagon has formed on Piko. Contenders in said bandwagon pulled votes off other people including MCH and myself, to vote for Piko.

If Piko flips town, I am going to take a very close look at the people in that bandwagon...

I find it hard to believe you have no opinion on Pikochu when you're wary of the people who are voting for him. Seems like you're leaning town more than anything.

Hello!

Are you thinking of voting anyone?

Hey yeah I'm still in the process of trying to figure that out.....

Mch is leaning on the town side for me. His posts are just frantic enough that I think he's being sincere in a town-like way. And it's about time to end that whole debate anyway.

Pikochu is... a bit scummy, yeah. He's around, but not overtly so. He adds some small stuff every now and then and (correct me if I'm wrong) the only long-ish post he had was in defense of himself. That's kinda suspicious.

Now Elementar is also still on my scum radar. For reasons I already mentioned and his vote on mch which I find sketchy. He seems to be trying hard to get an easy lynch, and one that won't make him suspicious. And I almost forgot how he voted Midorikawa for one second and then quickly changed it, which doesn't make sense.

Also before I do anything I want to see what @Pikochu has to say for himself on these votes on him.

I find it hard to believe you have no opinion on Pikochu when you're wary of the people who are voting for him. Seems like you're leaning town more than anything.
I wouldn't so much say I'm wary of the people voting for him... Just wary of the sudden bandwagon that formed so late in the phase.

I wouldn't so much say I'm wary of the people voting for him... Just wary of the sudden bandwagon that formed so late in the phase.

Ah, gotcha. Still, there are actual reasons for the votes and many don't want a no lynch, so I can see where the bandwagon is coming from.

Pikochu – IV – Zexy, HumanDawn, Sunsette, returnofmastercracyhand
returnofmastercrazyhand - II - Midorikawa, Elementar
Elementar - II - Life, jdthebud
MMMMMMMMMMMM - II – Hellcrow, Molten Eevee
Molten Eevee - I – MMMMMMMMMMMM

Final hour. Get your last minute votes in if you have not so already.

This is a self preservation vote: Vote: MMMM.... I need to get going to this is going to be my last post for this day.

Not necessarily. If I were scum I would prioritize killing threats or players that could help me manipulate others in mislynching, but admittedly consider it too. He would more likely be killed for being a Kalos Pokemon if there was one Kalos Pokemon on the Mafia team. If I hosted a game with the mechanics for balance I'd vary the types and regions the team comes from. If Molten Eevee is, say, Town, then I'd consider the remaining Kalos Pokemon to be much more likely to have one scum in them, and vice versa.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that we can get some information about what the scum team is after N1. For example, if Eevee is NK the next phase, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that scum has a Kalos starter somewhere. If Eevee isn't NK the next phase, then perhaps scum doesn't have a Kalos starter. However, this also seems like a case of "WIFOM" at this moment also, where scum could keep him Eevee alive to make him look suspicious and the opposite case.

I don't know if there's information we can use right away about Eevee within the next couple phases without more details.

Pikochu - His starting posts still rub me the wrong way. It just ended up being a bunch of mechanics thoughts, which is fine, but there's nothing else and if there's anything that turns me off more in this game is posts where players say things that ultimately don't mean much without saying much else, like as if they're contributing when they're not.

Well, I did want to post my thoughts on how scum could use the mechanics of this game for their own benefit. Going anecdotal here, this game draws parallels to Build-it Mafia where roles comes in later in the game. I personally feel that this game benefits scum at first. However, unlike in Build-it!, getting the upper hand is kill-dependent, not RNG. Hence, why I want to put some thoughts on scum's possible options.

Then IMO both of you should vote Pikochu. At this point I'm tired on arguing against ROMCH (and I have a theory on how he may be Town that I thought up just recently) and so may as well go for my next scumread.

Why the wagon on me?

Anyways, hope to see you all in the next phase.

I'm here, sorry for being so inactive. Family problems kept me from posting, promise to be active on day 2. Took a bit of time too read what happened (and wow you write a lot for day 1 guys :p nothing like the games I used to play).
Last moments so I'll just trust my instinct:
VOTE: returnofmastercrazyhand

Pikochu – IV – Zexy, HumanDawn, Sunsette, returnofmastercracyhand
MMMMMMMMMMMM - III – Hellcrow, Molten Eevee, Pikochu
returnofmastercrazyhand - III - Midorikawa, Elementar, White Crow
Elementar - II - Life, jdthebud
Molten Eevee - I – MMMMMMMMMMMM

Day 1 is over. Voting has ended. Updating results in a few.

Pikochu's body is searched and identified. The village is happy to hear that they got one of the evil murders.

totodile.jpg

You are Totodile

You are aligned with the Mafia

Night phase has begun. Pray for your lifes.

...Huh. Point to everyone's scumdar but mine, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom