• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sorry I wasn't here for EoD. Caught up and here are my post D1 thoughts.

HumanDawn: Honestly have mixed feelings about him. The way he focused so much on the MCH situation and venting his clear frustration on MCH for a majority of Day 1, it really seemed like it was something he wasn't going to let go and vote off MCH, because as he said, no one gave him a reason not to that he made sense to him. It made the suddenly switch over to Piko all the more surprising. The sole cause of the switch was a secret reason (which feels more like an intuition; though granted so was the meta based derpclear on MCH) he just discovered towards the end of the phase. If Piko hasn't flipped scum he'd definitely look bad right now, but the scum flip makes him look just the opposite. I do find it hard to believe scum would go for a bus this early, but you never know with HD. I'm going to try to keep an open mind regarding this going forward. If you are mafia then well done sir.
Elementar: I didn't like their intentions through D1. First calling out inactives, the open but short-lived attempt at reaction-testing Mido, then going for MCH when he was under fire. It's one thing to want a lynch, but he seemed to be going for any lynch he could get. I do like that they are being open with their thoughts, but it kind of seems like a forced attempt to sound natural. Scum lean.
Life: Made some very good townie-sounding posts at the beginning in my opinion and he's acting quite natural as well. He also explains his reasoning well, and even though I don't agree with some of his points, I can see where he's coming from based on his elaboration. He was also quick to point out Piko's scum side early on, though I guess since he didn't vote him in the end it could have been to get some town cred.
M13: Posted a lot but of little quality and actual contribution. A lot of their posts seemed like fluff. Talking about themselves and the game rather than other players, and the Molten Eevee math speculation thing was just confusing and only leads to a pointless WIFOM situation. It might be something that could work later on in the game when the information is narrowed down, but for Day 1 it's just grasping at straws.
RoMCH: I said from the beginning that I think he is derpcleared town, and now I'm almost sure of it. That doesn't excuse anti-town behavior though, but luckily he's dropped the suicide thing. Hopefully he can get himself together now and start contributing properly.
Molten Eevee: That not-so-subtle softclaim still doesn't make sense to me, but he's done something like that before so it's not entirely surprising. The only good thing that came out of it is that it got people talking. The weird part is he seemed to get very defensive once others starting probing him over his claim, which he should have seen coming when he made the claim.
Sunsette: They've made fair posts with solid reasoning, so they are not a concern at least. I like that they admitted their reads weren't the clearest in hindsight and was willing to go along with others judgment (while not claiming it as their own); which paid off ultimately.
jdthebud: Don't really like his posts because a lot of the stuff is either a summary, game stuff, or just obvious things. Tone sounds a bit forced as well.
Zexy: Playing well, openly sharing his thoughts, contributing a lot to the discussion. Strong town lean here. The only thing that worries me a bit is the HD-Zexy interaction. I can't tell if it's just town-town arguments or one is trying to edge on the other. I initially thought they could be scumbuddies but after the way they simultaneously voted Piko I think that's really unlikely now.
Midorikawa: Two words; aggressive and wallposts. Despite commenting on so many things and being all over the place, it's still proving difficult to pinpoint a read her because she's been consistent so far. I would like to know here what she has to say about the MCH situation after Piko's lynch though.
Space: A bit iffy about them showing up late to side with the piko lynch without actually voting. Other than that there's nothing too noteworthy or alarming about their posts.
Calvin: Hasn't done much but has tried to contribute. I get an "honest townie" vibe from the tone of his posts but nothing concrete to back it up unfortunately.

You voted at the very end of the phase, nine minutes before the update, which is plenty of time for someone to change their vote. Mainly Pikochu. If it was just another vote it wouldn't have been on MCH.
Piko was mafia not town, and we're lucky he wasn't online within those nine minutes otherwise we would be setback instead of ahead.
Then why noone "helped me" save Pikochu from the lynch? You say that 9 minutes was enought time and all, but if I am scum like you say this would have been planned and another mafia could have made a draw (or even piko himself would have changed his vote as you are saying), and if the mafia was going to let piko die (like happened) then you are assuming I am risking my neck for nothing which is pointless when joining th last minute votes against Piko was safer.

You can read through my post all you want, I am clean.

MCH looks alright from those interactions. Piko seemed to go for him right from the get go.

And yeah, now I know why we shouldn't have lynched an inactive. xD

Elementar: I didn't like their intentions through D1. First calling out inactives, the open but short-lived attempt at reaction-testing Mido, then going for MCH when he was under fire. It's one thing to want a lynch, but he seemed to be going for any lynch he could get. I do like that they are being open with their thoughts, but it kind of seems like a forced attempt to sound natural. Scum lean.

I have to admit that I'm trying to sound a bit natural. It's my attempt at trying to improve my meta. That's also why I'll ask questions based on my actions and performance. Please take that as trying to improve my game, not completely related to the game. (So, I might ask what actions made me seem scummy, etc.)

And as I said earlier, I knew the phase would end while I was sleeping. I didn't actually want a vote on Mido, because it was only a pressure vote. And keeping that vote until the end of the phase isn't what I wanted. So, I voted for MCH because of their behaviour.

This is probably a terrible theory, but Piko could have been going for MCH, and MCH knew that they might have gone early. MCH pops up as scum, and Piko looks town. That could have been a strategy, but far-fetched.

This is probably a terrible theory, but Piko could have been going for MCH, and MCH knew that they might have gone early. MCH pops up as scum, and Piko looks town. That could have been a strategy, but far-fetched.
This is kind of unclear. To clarify: do you think MCH and Piko were mafia teammates, or that Piko was trying to bus MCH because other people thought he was scum?

Then why noone "helped me" save Pikochu from the lynch? You say that 9 minutes was enought time and all, but if I am scum like you say this would have been planned and another mafia could have made a draw (or even piko himself would have changed his vote as you are saying), and if the mafia was going to let piko die (like happened) then you are assuming I am risking my neck for nothing which is pointless when joining th last minute votes against Piko was safer.

You can read through my post all you want, I am clean.

That's my point of voting MCH over Mr. Delicious. It gives you and excuse. No mafia is going to tie the votes to save their teammate, that is the one on the chopping blocks job. However saying something to help their teammate or voting another option to allow them that chance is something they can do to avoid death for helping the teammate if they know the right way to talk. As for planning it with them, we don't know if Piko's internet messed up, if it was one sided plan. We won't know until endgame and we get to see the QT. Only mafia can see the QT, and there is always the matter of someone checking or rather not checking.

@Elementar For shame on you that my next lynch target is not clear enough! Seriously though clearly I find White Crow to be the best target unless someone provides me something better or they give me a reason not to lynch them.

To prompt some of that discussion then: what are your reads so far? Who would you vote for come Day 2?

My reads don't really bring much but will do one anyway

Zexy

I see you as a Mafia/Indep(if this one has one?)

Sunsette

You are the mystery filled one and your alliance is hard to guess

Hellcrow

Town either that or Vanilla

Elementar

Mafia

Slife

Town

jdthebud

Mafia

White Crow

Town

Midorikawa

Another hard to guess one

HumanDawn

Town

Life

Mafia

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'd have to put you as a Townie

Andrew1990

Would have to be 100% Mafia

Molten Eevee

Yet another hard to guess one

Space

Mafia

returnofmastercrazyhand

Town

Calvin ッ

Mafia

See what this brings and if it brings any discussion to the table

This is kind of unclear. To clarify: do you think MCH and Piko were mafia teammates, or that Piko was trying to bus MCH because other people thought he was scum?

Teammates. They could have come up with that plan together. But it's a bad theory.

If the two are teammates, there was no elaborate planning involved. The top lynch targets D1 were MCH, Piko, and Elementar. So say two of those three are mafia, they naturally end up clashing and then it's self preservation. They just had self preservation on the mind. Though where does the idea of Piko trying to bus MCH come from? He jumped on the Piko wagon to save his own hide, but that's about it. Piko actually defended MCH to a point and didn't even make the risk of lynching him, and instead placed his vote on Mr. Delicious, and admitted to self preservation.

Honestly looking at it Piko's actions towards MCH are kind of questionable if one is town and one is mafia. However if White Crow is mafia, then I highly doubt that MCH is mafia as well since it would be strange to risk one teammate for the one on the chopping block because of course plenty could change their votes if on at the time. And since everyone is so positive of MCH's alignment, it makes White Crow seem more likely as mafia.

Still Piko's posts about MCH are strange. Seriously look at them. They're neural and defending at the same time. But all in all that is a bad theory because Piko not once tried to get MCH killed.

Totally went off on a tangent there sorry

My reads don't really bring much but will do one anyway

Zexy

I see you as a Mafia/Indep(if this one has one?)

Sunsette

You are the mystery filled one and your alliance is hard to guess

Hellcrow

Town either that or Vanilla

Elementar

Mafia

Slife

Town

jdthebud

Mafia

White Crow

Town

Midorikawa

Another hard to guess one

HumanDawn

Town

Life

Mafia

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'd have to put you as a Townie

Andrew1990

Would have to be 100% Mafia

Molten Eevee

Yet another hard to guess one

Space

Mafia

returnofmastercrazyhand

Town

Calvin ッ

Mafia

See what this brings and if it brings any discussion to the table

Can you explain these in more detail? What has Zexy done to make him look mafia? What about space and Calvin? Why is HD and Slife town? Etc.

I find it funny that absolutely noone can give me a truly straightforward read. I feel so awesome!

@Slife My thoughts on MCH are jumbled currently, and the Piko lynch just makes me feel even more confused. There are way too many strange things. White Crow, Piko's posts relating to MCH. I don't really have a solid opinion on MCH.

@Elementar BTW. You still owe Human that answer. What I've done in past games as mafia that I'm doing here.

I'm here, sorry for being so inactive. Family problems kept me from posting, promise to be active on day 2. Took a bit of time too read what happened (and wow you write a lot for day 1 guys :p nothing like the games I used to play).
Last moments so I'll just trust my instinct:
VOTE: returnofmastercrazyhand

I was simply waiting for the last moment to make my choice, since there's nothing certain to grab on day 1 voting is a shoot in the dark (awesome first day btw, one scum down o/).
And honestly I'd look suspicious if my vote made a diference or even a draw to not lynch Pikochu, but it was just another vote.

...? Did you not post because of inactivity, and not because you were waiting for your last moment to make your choice? I got two different explanations here for your lack of participation.

HumanDawn: Honestly have mixed feelings about him. The way he focused so much on the MCH situation and venting his clear frustration on MCH for a majority of Day 1, it really seemed like it was something he wasn't going to let go and vote off MCH, because as he said, no one gave him a reason not to that he made sense to him. It made the suddenly switch over to Piko all the more surprising. The sole cause of the switch was a secret reason (which feels more like an intuition; though granted so was the meta based derpclear on MCH) he just discovered towards the end of the phase. If Piko hasn't flipped scum he'd definitely look bad right now, but the scum flip makes him look just the opposite. I do find it hard to believe scum would go for a bus this early, but you never know with HD. I'm going to try to keep an open mind regarding this going forward. If you are mafia then well done sir.

I know it may have looked too sudden but the theory I then thought of opened my mind and explained ROMCH's actions and how it all could fit in a Town light, to the point that I found it much more likely for him to be Town than Mafia. My judgement was being clouded by something about a possibility, but with some out of the box thinking, it all started to make more sense that ROMCH was Town. With ROMCH voting Pikochu and them flipping Mafia, my theory of how he is Town and how it explains his behaviour is much more likely to be true. Mafia is as I've said, dynamic. New reasons and thinking affects voting and behaviour, and I've made it clear that if there was a better target than ROMCH that I would vote for them. While back then I didn't believe in the theory as much as I do now, it was well worth trusting it over voting ROMCH. The consequences of mislynching ROMCH would have been grave.

I'm a fair person. I would not try to lynch a scum partner out of the blue like that. Strength is better in numbers. If I were scum I could have stuck with my ROMCH vote or voted somebody else who already had a vote at that time, instead I voted Pikochu after Zexy had unvoted him and encouraged him and Sunsette to vote them.

Honestly, I find this reasoning to be forced (yeah yeah my early reasoning on ROMCH wasn't the best but the game needed to start on something, and I've seen scum changing a vote when somebody got two votes at the start). There is nothing wrong with calling out inactives; they haven't posted yet and suggesting a lynch on them in case there was nobody else worth voting is a solid option. It's not something I would call a preferable lynch but a lynch in the dark against nothing else to go on is better than a no lynch with nothing. I'd say that his openness is natural; he gives the impression that he is trying and wants to get the game somewhere with positive intentions for the Town. He acted on voting Midorikawa because he wanted to pressure her (not to just lynch her, so it doesn't make sense to say he was trying o go for any lynch he could), figured it would be ineffective on her and then stuck a vote on somebody that would matter. Town lean.

RoMCH: I said from the beginning that I think he is derpcleared town, and now I'm almost sure of it. That doesn't excuse anti-town behavior though, but luckily he's dropped the suicide thing. Hopefully he can get himself together now and start contributing properly.

He denied having derpcleared when I pointed out how it makes no sense for him to have done so, and then he told me he only said that he usually derpclears, not that he actually derpcleared. He's Town though.

Midorikawa: Two words; aggressive and wallposts. Despite commenting on so many things and being all over the place, it's still proving difficult to pinpoint a read her because she's been consistent so far. I would like to know here what she has to say about the MCH situation after Piko's lynch though.

that's three words ;P

Reads will come a lot later in the phase. I'm taking a bit of a break on thinking about this game but in the mean time I would love to see more interaction and speculation.

Oh, and I feel like this needs to be said: Even if Pikochu flipped Town it would not have been a negative lynch. Just because it would have been a mislynch, does not mean there would have been nothing to gain. Mafia is much more nuanced than that; it's not always black and white. We would have had something more to talk about and form opinions on, ready for the next phase. The more where we can form reads on; the better. Having said that, if a No Lynch did happen in the final moments, while in my opinion it would still be a bummer, it would be a case of a No Lynch still being helpful, because we could still take many potential reads from it and prepare ourselves for the next phase from it.

@RainbowSkittles please explain your reads. Don't conform to the work of others!!!

@Elementar BTW. You still owe Human that answer. What I've done in past games as mafia that I'm doing here.

And I just see some tone similarities.

It wasn't much. But I did say it. It's mostly tone. Why are you getting defensive about it? It doesn't seem like HD cares about it that much. You care about it more than them.

Well I'm not conforming to anything or anyone so that's my answer on that

I'm leaning more towards Zexy being an indep more than Mafia but being as we don't know if there's one in this game we'll just have to wait and see

@Elementar

You wanted reads so I gave them even though they lack any additional info it was just a rough guess one more than anything

not sure about White Crow. her first game ever, only one post. could be town her making a serious mistake.
RS is just RS. Still think MCH is town. Same for Mido, likely for Life, M-13 and Human.
gotta go again still phone posting

@RainbowSkittles please explain your reads. Don't conform to the work of others!!!

It wasn't much. But I did say it. It's mostly tone. Why are you getting defensive about it? It doesn't seem like HD cares about it that much. You care about it more than them.
Sorry missed that, and I wasn't getting defensive. It was like three AM and I was just like "Did Elementar answer Human? I don't think so." I just don't like unanswered questions. Also funny thing: You have played one game with me as town, and you killed me early in that game. You've never seen town tone :p
not sure about White Crow. her first game ever, only one post. could be town her making a serious mistake.
RS is just RS. Still think MCH is town. Same for Mido, likely for Life, M-13 and Human.
gotta go again still phone posting
How do you know it's her first game ever. On BMG maybe, but she seems to know exactly what she's doing unlike Mr. Delicious.

@RainbowSkittles So your reads were just guesses then? Do you have thoughts on anything else?

Sorry missed that, and I wasn't getting defensive. It was like three AM and I was just like "Did Elementar answer Human? I don't think so." I just don't like unanswered questions. Also funny thing: You have played one game with me as town, and you killed me early in that game. You've never seen town tone :p

Actually, that is a good point. I guess that's true lol. And I know you're not really getting defensive. It's mafia xD We say things for no reason because we can!

I'll post a lot more on D2 and we'll see how much info I give

Can you tell us if they were actually guesses, your info or just copying everyone else's info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom