• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
A little update of Riddler

Aristotle isn't confirmed by any new aether pokemon things.
Still unsolved.

I have a theory. Maybe the Pokémon that are not highlighted are the ones that will appear in a trailer or at least be mentioned in the official site or published in Corocoro. If you look carefully, you will see that the Pokémon that are highlighted have appeared in official sources(for example Blastoise was shown in a firefighter truck when Pokémon Sun and Moon were announced and Charizard is a Pokémon that can be ridden), or at least one member of their evolution family.

It is in the OP, it's part of the Reddit Leak (July 29):

Not surprised you missed it though, we've got too many of these things ^^;

However, I see the moth in it but no hummingbird features. And like others have said: guessing it was going to be a moth was an easy one.

Whimsun could still be a cartoony hummingbird moth. Especially since they're a little more upright then bee flies.

Hummingbird moth is like the #1 speculation for Cutiefly's evolution. (I mean I even posted it as an idea the day Cutiefly was revealed and I have no insider information... or do I?! ;) ) If the only thing going for a leak is it saying Cutiefly evolves into a hummingbird moth (and it ends up true when we see the design properly) I would honestly wait for more information before treating it as a real leak because it's such a common suggestion.

View: http://imgur.com/Pp84Dx2

Anyone know what the riddler meant by this?

Are we to assume that the pokemon shown in the bottom of the leaker's image are everything (excluding new pokemon and known alola forms) that will be available in the Alola dex? If so, outside of a few that evolve from pokemon in early generations and Rotom (who is required because of the dex itself), only two Sinnoh lines are found in the region (Garchomp and Lucario). Does this make Diamond and Pearl remakes any more likely?

When it turns out you got an evolution after all

44a.gif

Are we to assume that the pokemon shown in the bottom of the leaker's image are everything (excluding new pokemon and known alola forms) that will be available in the Alola dex? If so, outside of a few that evolve from pokemon in early generations and Rotom (who is required because of the dex itself), only two Sinnoh lines are found in the region (Garchomp and Lucario). Does this make Diamond and Pearl remakes any more likely?

I don't think GF is doing a remake any time soon :(

I see that all the Johto Starters are in that image, but not highlighted. I wonder what that means. Maybe we'll just see them in a trailer which would be dull. Maybe Megas?

If so, outside of a few that evolve from pokemon in early generations and Rotom (who is required because of the dex itself), only two Sinnoh lines are found in the region (Garchomp and Lucario). Does this make Diamond and Pearl remakes any more likely?
I was leaning towards a no to that question, but someone mentioned (im not sure if it was here or not) that in the oficial website description of UB-01 that it doesn't seem to have Willpower or Emotions, and i immediately thought of Azelf and Mesprit, so that could be another thing going for the argument that Sinnoh will get remakes.
Altough GF never did release two remakes for the same console, so i still stand by my opinion that we'll only get Sinnoh remakes in gen 8.
And i rather be positively surprised than be disappointed.

When it turns out you got an evolution after all

44a.gif

I really wasn't expecting Cutiefly not to evolve though. It's just so tiny and puny looking.

I can't think of any Pokemon off the top of my head who were that tiny and didn't evolve at least once.

I think it's evolved form will evolve again really. It still doesn't look complete to me. I think Cutiefly is going to be like the Flabebe of this gen.

I see that all the Johto Starters are in that image, but not highlighted. I wonder what that means. Maybe we'll just see them in a trailer which would be dull. Maybe Megas?
I have a theory. Maybe the Pokémon that are not highlighted are the ones that will appear in a trailer or at least be mentioned in the official site or published in Corocoro. If you look carefully, you will see that the Pokémon that are highlighted have appeared in official sources(for example Blastoise was shown in a firefighter truck when Pokémon Sun and Moon were announced and Charizard is a Pokémon that can be ridden), or at least one member of their evolution family.

From that Reddit leak (29 July):

There is a pokemon more powerful than Arceus on stats. - Could this be Type: Null without its helmet?

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. - Does this seem more likely now due to Type: Null?

There is a pokemon more powerful than Arceus on stats. - Could this be Type: Null without its helmet?

Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops. - Does this seem more likely now due to Type: Null?

I doubt that the wimpod bit was meant to be taken literally, chimera just turned out to be a Hilarious in Hindsight word choice by the alleged leaker considering the reveal of Type:Null. He probably just meant that the evolution is an armored centipede or something along those lines that has traits similar to both Scolipede and Kabutops.

I don't think they mean a literal chimera like Type: Null, I think they're just using it as a way to describe the design as being a mix of those too in say Bug-like features, body shapes, size, etc.

But I'm down for Wimpod turning into a beast since I love the little critter.

While we're on the subject of Type: Null, has it been considered that it might be the Normal-type cat that gains a type when you breed it? Obviously it's a really out-there suggestion that I'm sure a lot won't agree with. But if I had to (or wanted to) describe it in a simple way I would probably say it's a cat tbh, though I guess this is a bit subjective. And it gaining a type might make sense with all the stuff that its body is combined of. Something to ponder over anyway, since we don't really know much of anything about it or how it's going to function regarding mechanics like breeding.

I don't think they mean a literal chimera like Type: Null, I think they're just using it as a way to describe the design as being a mix of those too in say Bug-like features, body shapes, size, etc.

But I'm down for Wimpod turning into a beast since I love the little critter.

While we're on the subject of Type: Null, has it been considered that it might be the Normal-type cat that gains a type when you breed it? Obviously it's a really out-there suggestion that I'm sure a lot won't agree with. But if I had to (or wanted to) describe it in a simple way I would probably say it's a cat tbh, though I guess this is a bit subjective. And it gaining a type might make sense with all the stuff that its body is combined of. Something to ponder over anyway, since we don't really know much of anything about it or how it's going to function regarding mechanics like breeding.

I doubt so. Type: Null is a synthetic Pokémon, and most likely, if not confirmed already, is man-made. Considering the leaks stated cat Pokémon is two-staged, should we expect a man-made Pokémon to have a pre-evolution is a big question mark.

Back
Top Bottom