• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

Now why do I get the feeling something like this would happen: Ash happens to encounter Alolan Oak on the way to Pallet Town and their conversation is like

Ash: Hey Prof. Oak
Oak: Oh, why hello there
Ash: It's nice to see you!
Pikachu: Pika!
Oak: It's nice to see you too, but may I ask who are you?

Or something like that

Now why do I get the feeling something like this would happen: Ash happens to encounter Alolan Oak on the way to Pallet Town and their conversation is like

Ash: Hey Prof. Oak
Oak: Oh, why hello there
Ash: It's nice to see you!
Pikachu: Pika!
Oak: It's nice to see you too, but may I ask who are you?

Or something like that

That would be funny. Especially if Samson Oak goes as far as playing a prank on Ash.

Samson Oak seems like it could be the most natural way for Ash to go to Alola at this point. It's way too late in XY to suddenly introduce a trainer who just happens to have some seventh generation Pokemon, but being Professor Oak's cousin, Samson would be easy to insert either visiting Professor Oak in Kanto or calling him on the phone. It would feel more natural than Ash battling against someone with Alola Pokemon out of nowhere. I could also see Ash mistaking Samson for Professor Oak pretty easily.

True, there were hints of a new Gen Pokemon in the anime:

Gen II: Pokemon like Togepi and Marril as well as Gary mentioning Johto
Gen III: Pokemon like Kecleon and Harrison who owned Blaziken
Gen VI: Gary in Sinnoh and his Electivire
Gen V: None in the anime, but the 13th movie with Zorua and Zoroark
Gen VI: Alexa and her Pokemon Helioptile, Gogoat and Noivern

At this point, only Samson would be the best excuse to introduce Gen VII to the anime and be the inspiration for Ash to go to Alola along with Samson

I could see that too-Samson Oak visiting Samuel Oak in Kanto. He introduces Alola to Ash, with a possible battle. The episode ends with the next morning having Ash fly with Samson back to Alola.

Bonus points if the boy that challenges Clemont utilizes Alolan Pokemon, already sparking Ash's curiosity for the region.

IIRC some plus toys indicate that Rockruff and Togedemaru will be appearing in XY&Z first, so guess those might be our "intro" Pokemon in the anime.

Can we have a link?
Here you go. If you look closely, you can still see that XY&Z logo on the boxes, but these might be placeholder boxes as the scans say that they release September 30th, 2016 but the manufacturer, Tomy has these Moncolle Figurines listed for a November release:
5Aa4WZa.png

(source: Pokémon News | August 2016)

Here you go. If you look closely, you can still see that XY&Z logo on the boxes, but these might be placeholder boxes as the scans say that they release September 30th, 2016 but the manufacturer, Tomy has these Moncolle Figurines listed for a November release:
They don't want to spoil the logo I think that is why they have used the xyz logo.

Again, really inconclusive things here, but Lana has Popplio. That may not mean anything, but I don't remember them giving a starter to a major character from the games unless it was for a reason. (Gardenia notwithstanding, it was in her game team)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom