• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

I'm done with Sun & Moon games' news right now. I am more curious about Sun & Moon Series and starter evolutions. I think Rowlet fits Ash more than any other one, but still it all depends on the last evolutions so I'm open minded to anything on this. Also I'm seriously wondering about Ash's next companions. The female companion with a little brother would be pretty cool concept, I guess. Also I like the new female player character pretty much. She could be much more colorful than Mallow imo.

After Kalos, all bets are off. There is no telling what kind of pokemon he's getting. Well, there's still a lot of types he hasn't trained in any capacity, but anything other than that.

I am interesting to see how Ash handles the trials and what strategies he has to plan for them.

A leak has been floating around. It claims that the group is Ash, Serena, Lillie, and Bonnie.

Well I can already tell that it's a complete fake. As much as I'd like to see three female characters in the main cast, I don't think that's going to happen. Serena is definitely not coming and I don't know why Bonnie would go without Clemont. It would be like expecting Max to keep traveling with Ash after May went to Johto. So it sounds extremely fake.

A leak has been floating around. It claims that the group is Ash, Serena, Lillie, and Bonnie.
There's that old saying "Seeing is believing", don't think it's real as I don't think it would be possible for Bonnie to travel without her brother and Serena won't go to Alola in any way, there's that possibility but no, Lillie is a probably

Lillie would be an interesting choice as a female lead and she would be tied into the storyline somehow, so she'd hopefully get some development and character arc along side that, but I don't know if I could really see her being part of the main cast. It would really depend on her role in the games, but it just feels like she'd be more fitting as a prominent supporting character rather than someone part of the main cast in every single episode.

Here's a crazy idea....what if they do two separate groups? One group for the night trials, the second for the day trials.

Here's a crazy idea....what if they do two separate groups? One group for the night trials, the second for the day trials.

Would actually love to see that, it would give us a lot more variety! But I very much doubt it, especially since not all the trials are different in each version and the Kahuna's are still the same at least, so you'd still have to see some battles two times and I doubt they would do that.

Does make me wonder though, we know that at least some Totem Pokémon will be different in each version. I wonder what version they will follow concerning that, will they fight Totem Gumshoos or Totem Alolan Raticate in the Normal Trial? Or will they find some way to fight them both?

Would actually love to see that, it would give us a lot more variety! But I very much doubt it, especially since I don't think *all* the trials are version exclusive and the Kahuna's are still the same at least, so you'd still have to see some battles two times and I doubt they would do that.

Does make me wonder though, we know that at least some Totem Pokémon will be different in each version. I wonder what version they will follow concerning that, will they fight Totem Gumshoos or Totem Alola Raticate in the Normal Trial? Or will they find some way to fight them both?

You make a great point. Hmm...unless our main cast is set against a rival group. Like either another set of characters like our main ones working together for the trials, or a number of other trainers also partaking in the trials.

Total Drama Island comes to mind. Sort of.

Having two groups to cover both trials would be pretty interesting, but I don't see that happening either. Not only because we'd still need to see them battling the Kaunas at least twice, but also because that would be too many characters to handle. They have a hard enough time balancing out the screentime and focus for just three or four characters. If the two groups had about the same amount of characters, then that would make it even harder for them to give both groups equal screentime.

The idea of somehow factoring in both Totem Pokemon could be an interesting way to incorporating both versions of the trials. It would also potentially make the battles last longer and give Ash more of a challenge if he had to defeat at least two different Totem Pokemon to go through each trial. It would allow for them to promote both versions of the Island Trials at the same time, so that would be neat.

They could implement version exclusive Totem Pokemon in a similar way they implemented the 3 new Gym Leaders from Black 2 and White 2.

There, we had Roxie be the 8th Gym Leader instead of Drayden (who still fought, albeit against Iris), Cheren was seen during a friendly visit, and we got to see Marlon fight as Gym Leader through Cameron.

Ash could fight Totem Gumshoos and later the group meets Totem Raticate out in the wild somewhere and have a fight with it. Or if one of Ash's companions is following the same goal of Island Trials as him (which I doubt because no companion thus far has gone after Gyms, but you never know), either Ash or the companion could lose the Trial during the day and then re-try during the night, only to be surprised by a different Totem.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom