• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: THAT'S HIS COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I know he is, just that since we know Prof. Oak as this name, I'm calling his cousin Alolan Oak until we get a better name for him, just saying how Ash will react when he sees him, thinking he might be Kanto Oak rather than Alolan Oak

I am so ready to know what the Sun Moon anime will be like. Wish we'd get a few leaks regarding that. Lol.

Without gyms and league and any intensive battle-orientated facilities (Island Trial is NOT battle-centered challenge), something tells me SM saga shall then become more story-focused. However, when looking back at the record of past Pokemon Anime in adapting in-game plot, I doubt they will be anything outstanding in becoming more story-focused.
Of course recently we do have TF arc where its story plot is quite impeccable, but still in order to set this plot up another plot is being wasted. So I'll reserve my judgment that SM saga will become better in overall story-writing.

Don't think any of that will be ignored if it's part of the main plot in the games, the real question is how will he react when he sees Alolan Oak
I'm pretty sure the Nariya/Alolan Oak could be something that Prof. Oak tells Ash about, and as ditzy as Ash is (and will remain because the writers prefer the status quo), I think he'll be able to tell the difference between his Oak and this other Oak. If anything, Ash will probably just ask if Alolan Oak is related to Prof. Oak. Nothing more, nothing less.

Plus, it seems like everyone's ignoring the real concern here due to this doppelganger of Prof. Oak: what will happen when Ash inevitably attempts to catch an Ultra Beast?

The english name of the cousin is Samson Oak. I bet Ash might get confused and assume it is Oak from Pallet Town.

I doubt it, honestly. A weekly show that barely has any breaks can only look so good, and it's not like they have an unlimited budget to work with.

Now the anime has no excuse for Ash's Pokedex to not be Oak's Rotom, even if it is another Oak.:p

I predict that at least in japanese Samson will have the same VA as Samuel and he will lead a new segment.

I don't think Ash would use Rotom. It be a waste of slot in his team to have Oak's Rotom on him. It maybe in his pokedex but it still counts as having a pokemon on him. I hope Ash doesn't use the Rotom dex.

I don't think Ash would use Rotom. It be a waste of slot in his team to have Oak's Rotom on him. It maybe in his pokedex but it still counts as having a pokemon on him. I hope Ash doesn't use the Rotom dex.
Was it ever officially confirmed that the Rotom in the Rotom-Dex counts as one of the Pokemon in your team? Because I don't think I've seen that yet.

I'm getting the impression that it would just be accompanying him like Haunter and Larvitar did.

I can't wait to get a taste of the new anime either. Seeing how the animation vastly improved from DP to BW and BW to XY, can we expect the same for SM?
Not a Chance; After the DASTARDLY Stunt they did by Sending the B&W Writers back to write the Kalos League Finals JUST TO ENSURE THE STATUS QUO OF ASH NEVER WINNING IS INTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS A D1CK MOVE AND I'M STILL EXTREMELY BITTER, SALTY, AND DISGUSTED BY THE AUDICITY TO PULL SUCH A STUNT AND PULL THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER ASH'S FEET!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the animation will stay at a consistent quality. The animation in XY has been surprisingly good and while the show probably doesn't have an unlimited budget for its animation, hopefully they'll be able to use it in an effective manner during the next series.

Unless Ash mentions Alola when he visits Pallet Town, he might not be aware of Professor Oak's cousin until he meets him. The confusion would be understandable though. Maybe Samson will call Professor Oak about the Alola forms and Ash will be inspired to go to Alola after hearing their conversation.

Not a Chance; After the DASTARDLY Stunt they did by Sending the B&W Writers back to write the Kalos League Finals JUST TO ENSURE THE STATUS QUO OF ASH NEVER WINNING IS INTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS A D1CK MOVE AND I'M STILL EXTREMELY BITTER, SALTY, AND DISGUSTED BY THE AUDICITY TO PULL SUCH A STUNT AND PULL THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER ASH'S FEET!!!!!!!!!
Fan don't get to decide what happens at the league. The writers do and fans should accept it even if they don't like it. I kind of wanted Ash to win for once but I expected Alain to win instead as a way to not get my hopes up. I made the right choice. The Kalos league was not perfect but still good.

Should Ash end up hit by the dumb ray again like in the DP->BW transition, I only hope that it isn't to such a bad extent as before. I can live with AG standard Ash.

What has me interesting is Ultra Beasts.... how are those things gonna work in the show. Since we don't know much about them yet though, I guess that's not gonna be all that easy to answer.

Should Ash end up hit by the dumb ray again like in the DP->BW transition, I only hope that it isn't to such a bad extent as before. I can live with AG standard Ash.
AG Ash was even better then Johto Ash... I guess you could argue it would be a step down from Kalos, but I can't honestly see it being that bad. I'd argue that at least Ash would be allowed to be human again, the only time in Kalos that was allowed was Greninja's arc and that was scorned at in the show.

Please writers, don't make the same mistake the BW anime did and made Ash worst than a rookie

I honestly don't think the Rotom Pokedex will take one of Ash's slots on his team, that means he will have hit remaining 5 slots, I'm guessing he will be shocked when he sees the Ultra Beasts

On Tuesday someone on Serebii came up with a speculation on Pokemon Sun and Moon about the anime since Zygarde does have a role in the game and Ash is going to Alola. Here's what he said.

WaterShuriken said:
What if the reason why they haven’t shown us anything from the Sun & Moon anime is because Ash will be traveling with the Blue Zygarde Core?Zygarde is still playing a role in Sun & Moon.

So what if at the end of XY Squishy convinces Z2 to travel with humans so he can see what he saw. Using Ash and Greninja as the main examples of the bond between humans and Pokémon. Squishy stays in Kalos to also be close to Bonnie if she ever needs him.*

So at the end, when Ash is boarding his plane, Z2 goes invisible and jumps in his backpack.*Then at Pallet Town, Z2 remains invisible and when Alola is mentioned, Z2 gets excited and exposes itself.

Here's what I responded. "Sounds like a cute idea that Z2 goes to travel with Ash. What is Z2 going to do though? Puni-chan didn't do much unless he really needs to do something. How is Ash going to carry a Zygarde core around with him?" Someone responded to my question saying that Z2 can be in Ash's pocket, but I don't think that he would want to be in Ash's pocket and feel sick and dizzy all the time. As of right now Z2 hates humans, so we don't know if he would want to go to Alola with Ash. What do you guys think?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom