• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

If Lugarugan's forms are version exclusive, does that mean if the starters have two forms each, they'll be exclusives as well? That is extremely upsetting and really ruins preordering the game for me.

That sneaking suspicion I had back when the first pages leaked... Well, looks like this more or less confirms it. We'll have to wait and see if the information is entirely correct and that the example shown isn't just showing what happens when you evolve Rockruff at the same time in both games. Don't get your hopes up, though.

I'm not disappointed at all because Sun was gonna be my main game anyway.

If Lugarugan's forms are version exclusive, does that mean if the starters have two forms each, they'll be exclusives as well? That is extremely upsetting and really ruins preordering the game for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. No matter how stupid it would be, GameFreak does love trading and nothing would make people trade more than making the starter evo's version exclusive :/

The new pages say that yes. They are version exclusive :(

Also: Midday form gets a new move called Axle (or Accel) Rock and the Midnight form gets Counter. Kinda lame that the Midday form gets a new move while the Midnight form just gets Counter :/

I really do hate this, it was supposed to be a day/night thing and they go and make them version exclusive too ¬¬
You know somehow not surprised. This is the same company that thought "Let's add difficulty levels. But make them not available until people finish the games. And version exclusive...but they can tradeshare them :)"

Major selling point for third version: You get both Rockruff evolutions!

EDIT: It only shows that one of them is being obtained in Sun and the other in Moon. They may not be version exclusives and just shown this way for aesthetic reasons in the magazine.

Ok, it seems like the reason Rockruff's evolution forms are version exclusive because Lunala and Solgaleo are required for the process, that what they are implying!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. No matter how stupid it would be, GameFreak does love trading and nothing would make people trade more than making the starter evo's version exclusive :/
It is implied that the forms can be obtained in different versions, meaning even if you get to trade, there is still that possibility it may evolve into the form of your main game. A traded Sun-version Rockruff, can still evolve Midnight form if you are playing Moon, for instance.

Yes, I do see the possibility of it being implmeneted for the starters as well. However, despite I dislike if it happens, it is a great strategy marketing-wise. Trading the unfound or forms of different Pokémon from GTS and purchasing both games are different. If the second applies, that means you only can trade the fully-evolved version of the desired forms you're looking for; completely killing the opportunity to breed/raise them from Stage 1.

I'm confused. Is there an actual phrase that says they are exclusives or are people just deriving that from pictures?

I'm confused. Is there an actual phrase that says they are exclusives or are people just deriving that from pictures?

im pretty sure people are just getting confused because it talks about getting each form in its seperate game due to the time difference, but I dont believe it states they are version exclusives.

For a singular pokemon with two seperate forms to be exclusive just makes no sense and would make me so angry!

It did say version exclusive. Because Rockruff required powerful sun or moon energy to evolve, and they added a bonus phrase, and speaking of powerful sun and moon energy, certain legendary pokemon...

I'm really hoping they clarify on wednesday. I want to know before I jump and preorder both games (rather than asking for one for christmas).

It's just that it looks like they're version exclusives because of this part of the image, due to the sun logo and moon logo.

BFOJF6r.png

But what does it actually say? I don't know japanese.

It did say version exclusive. Because Rockruff required powerful sun or moon energy to evolve, and they added a bonus phrase, and speaking of powerful sun and moon energy, certain legendary pokemon...
And yet they don't evolve by Sun and Moon Stones...

guys it only says it shows each respective form being evolved in each respective version. Does not mention that each forme is exclusive! GF just probably decided to show each evoltuion being evolved in each seperate game to show some possilbities that can occur from the 12 hr difference.

No need to jump the gun on the speculation guys!

I don't see the issue here. Just put in an evolved Lugarengan on the GTS and request for one and hope you get the other version exclusive. Sounds like an interesting idea, but then does this mean that if the starters have separate final evolution versions depending on Day/Night then those would also be version exclusive?

The art for both formes looks cool! The Night version looks better in certain poses, and some fanart I've seen makes it look really vicious too.

Pokejungle is reporting Counter as a new ability, not a move so the midnight form gets something unique.

I don't see the issue here. Just put in an evolved Lugarengan on the GTS and request for one and hope you get the other version exclusive. Sounds like an interesting idea, but then does this mean that if the starters have separate final evolution versions depending on Day/Night then those would also be version exclusive?
Issue for competitive battlers or people who want to train their own.

The CoroCoro page says サン限定進化, literally "Evolution limited to Sun," so I think it's a safe bet that they're version exclusives. :p
I can't wait until they confirm you can only remove hats in Moon and wear sun glasses in Sun.

For those of you who go with the day/night starters theory, Rockruff's evolution phenomenon is known as W (dubed as double) evolution.

Back
Top Bottom