• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
hmmm with jangmo-o's evos resembling a dinosaur so much, he might be a new kind of fossil that evolves twice and isn't rock type? That's definately a stretch tho. But it'd still be cool to see a heart fossil.

Does anyone know what they were saying in the corocoro about z-moves and whatnot? Anything interesting, or all the same stuff?

I think the main thought process about the 7 trials is that we have always had 8 bosses more or less to beat or go against and the thought of losing one of them to face makes people think the game will be shorter or missing something. I get that and I have to admit it did come to my mind as well, but I think we also need to think about the circumstances surrounding said 7 trials. In the old games the story more or less called for us to have 8 gym battles in order progress. If we really do only have 7 total trials I don't think that'll take away from the games. The story would just call for less bosses in that regard. Think about it this way: when you're making food, be it baking or whatever else, some recipes might call for less ingredients or less steps than others. That doesn't mean the final product will be any less satisfying. Different stories call for different challenges. For all we know less bosses means the overarching story is more focused on other things rather than it being dragged by the neck using gyms or whatever. It's all about pacing and from what we've heard from the previews the trials aren't as cut and dry as the gym battles. Gym battles essentially stopped time when you were in them, but it sounds like the story has more purpose even when you're in the middle of a trial.

Since we have ~60 Pokemon revealed (including 4 other Tapus, starter final evos, pikpek evos, etc) and the leak says there are 80 new Pokemon my guesses for the rest are

2 2-Stage Fossil Lines
Drampa Pre-Evo
Bounsweet Evo
Turtonator Pre-Evo
Passimian Pre-Evo
Komala Evo
1 Stage Dolphin
2-Stage snowman
Salandit Evo
Wimpod 2nd and 3rd stages
Morelull Evo
Minior Evo
Comfey Evo
2 more mythicals

Since we have ~60 Pokemon revealed (including 4 other Tapus, starter final evos, pikpek evos, etc) and the leak says there are 80 new Pokemon my guesses for the rest are

2 2-Stage Fossil Lines
Drampa Pre-Evo
Bounsweet Evo
Turtonator Pre-Evo
Passimian Pre-Evo
Komala Evo
1 Stage Dolphin
2-Stage snowman
Salandit Evo
Morelull Evo
Minior Evo
Comfey Evo
2 more mythicals
The "real leaks" had the two stage breeding cat.

Also whatever Marshadow is (could be a mythical, could be the third counterpart for Solgaleo and Lunaala).

2 2-Stage Fossil Lines
Drampa Pre-Evo
Bounsweet Evo
Turtonator Pre-Evo
Passimian Pre-Evo
Komala Evo
1 Stage Dolphin
2-Stage snowman
Salandit Evo
Morelull Evo
Minior Evo
Comfey Evo
2 more mythicals

We have exactly 51 Pokemon revealed, not around 60.

There's also the fact we officially know that the starters have a 3rd stage, Pikipek has two evolutions, and the Tapus exist, so that brings the Pokemon count to 59.

I counted leaked and speculative Pokemon as well, and this is what I got so far.

60. Marshadow
61. Dolphin
62-63. Snowman line
64. Solgaleo and Lunala pre-evo
65-66. Breeding cat line

67-69. Three Mythicals
70. Komala evo
71. Salandit evo
72. Wimpod evo
73. Bounsweet evo
74. Minior evo
75. Pyukumuku evo
76. Morelull evo
77. Bruxish pre-evo/evo
78. Drampa pre-evo
79. Turtonator pre-evo
80. Passmian pre-evo
81. Oranguru pre-evo
82-84. Pseudo line

... Unless Marshadow is a Mythical, then that lowers it to 83, but yeah. I don't think it's going to be exactly 80, but the number of new Pokemon should be somewhere in the 80s-90s.

we probably going to have 28 quest, i'm not saying 28 trial captains, i'm saying 28 quests
i'm not really sure where you're pulling this number and contextually with what was given, it doesn't add up. most sources have mentioned that it's four islands and seven trials. the seven would clearly be attached to trials (which may be multifaceted) and not to the number of tasks per trial. it really probably just is seven captains for seven trials across four islands.
That's not what I thought you were saying at first, and it's also not completely true. We already know that there will be Totem Pokemon and Kahuna battles. We already know that each Trial involves a Totem Pokemon at its end, and that they don't qualify as a separate stage or part to the island trials unto themselves. And we also know that each island has trials, so there goes the 1, 3, 3 hypothesis.
Now we can qualify stages by transition from one trial to the next (demarkated by every Totem battle or Grand Trial battle), which is what we've been doing, or we can set the stages to transition at the completion of each island's Grand Trial (of which there will be 4) which is the staging that Game Freak seems to be going for. It will be very asymmetrical or arrhythmic to split 7 Trial Captains among 4 Kahunas, and that will put a lot of players (and probably some of the game developers) off, and invite the possibility for poor pacing in the diagesis regardless of the other elements in the plot.

There could be three overarching stages (which is what I originally thought you were saying), and that would make me feel a little better about the diagetic pacing - such as completing the Grand Trials being the First stage and beating the Champion is the third stage, but we'd need a source for that to be anything but speculation.
so i need to add some context: the original comment was made in response to someone who suggested that perhaps the article meant that there were six trials per island with the seventh trial representing the Grand Trial. i pointed out that formatting-wise that doesn't quite seem to make sense given that the article then breaks down the three main facets of the Island Challenge (Trial, Totem, Kahuna).

i think focusing so much on pacing is a bit silly at this point because it's clear that Trials will actually be included in the narrative rather than acting as a sort of a extra-narrative thing. in previous games, gyms were "sacred." once you went in, you entered a plot void. now as soon as you exited, the plot would tend to pick up again. that doesn't seem to be the case with Trials as from the get-go Team Skull crashes your first trial. this leads me to believe that Trials are less insular than gyms and thus aren't prone to the same kind of pacing issues. (also for what it's worth, lots of trials would present a bloated narrative as smaller islands would be bopping from trial to trial whereas the larger island would feel more natural.)

either way, the trials are probably boiled down to 1-3-3 or 1-3-2-1. of course, we really don't know what happens on that final island (re: the first one in the chain), so to avoid spoilers they may have just used as vaguely applicable language as possible.

Last edited:

2 2-Stage Fossil Lines
Drampa Pre-Evo
Bounsweet Evo
Turtonator Pre-Evo
Passimian Pre-Evo
Komala Evo
1 Stage Dolphin
2-Stage snowman
Salandit Evo
Morelull Evo
Minior Evo
Comfey Evo
2 more mythicals

It seems unlikely to me that Passimian would get a pre-evo and Oranguru wouldn't considering they're being presented as counterparts to each other.

At one point I thought Comfey would evolve but now I'm not so sure anymore. Plus I haven't really seen anything to suggest Wimpod will evolve twice...

Also don't forget the Toucan.

I might do up a final prediction of my own before the demo drops actually...

Its very hard to say what we have left, though I hope we at least see 90 new Pokemon, along with around maybe 25 Alolan forms. We know that at least 56 Pokemon exist. This is including Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne, and Pikipek evolutions. We've seen 51 one of these Pokemon. If there's around 85 like that one leak said, then we still don't know about 29. Idk where the leak saying only 80 is coming from though.

-Komala evo
-Drampa pre-evo
-Salandit evo, which I think could be two evolutions.
-The two staged breeding cat the Bewear Leak mentions.
-Toucan Pokemon depicted on the shirt.
-Wimpod evo
-Bounsweet evo
-Minior evo
-Morelull evo
-Two dual staged fossil Pokemon
-The dolphin Pokemon the Chinese Leak mentions.
-The two staged Snowman Pokemon the Chinese Leak mentions.
-The other 3 Tapus
-Marshadow

-Comfey evo
-Passimian pre-evo
-Oranguru pre-evo
-Turtonator pre-evo
-Two more Mythical Pokemon

I'm kinda feeling uncertain whether the breeding cat actually refers to Type: Null and Silvadi now.

I mean sure it doesn't look exactly like a cat but leaks have been kinda vague in the past. Leaks like that don't usually go into huge detail describing the Pokemon. Sometimes "correct" leaks end up describing real Pokemon incorrectly and I'm wondering if that's what happened here.

There's also the question of what the Japanese Actress/Kiris riddler leak refers to. Do you think that riddle could relate to the dolphin Pokemon?

It seems unlikely to me that Passimian would get a pre-evo and Oranguru wouldn't considering they're being presented as counterparts to each other.

At one point I thought Comfey would evolve but now I'm not so sure anymore. Plus I haven't really seen anything to suggest Wimpod will evolve twice...

Also don't forget the Toucan.

I might do up a final prediction of my own before the demo drops actually...
There is a distinct possibility that the Toucan is a Pikipek evolution. Both are based off of Piciforme birds and both have an apparent similarity in beak coloration patterns (from what we can see on the monochrome shirt pattern)

I'm kinda feeling uncertain whether the breeding cat actually refers to Type: Null and Silvadi now.

I mean sure it doesn't look exactly like a cat but leaks have been kinda vague in the past. Leaks like that don't usually go into huge detail describing the Pokemon. Sometimes "correct" leaks end up describing real Pokemon incorrectly and I'm wondering if that's what happened here.
Silvadi also doesn't work anything like the cat supposedly does. There's no breeding involved, just a held item, and the type change for Silvadi only affects the color of a few features in its design, it doesn't change pattern at all.

There is a distinct possibility that the Toucan is a Pikipek evolution. Both are based off of Piciforme birds and both have an apparent similarity in beak coloration patterns (from what we can see on the monochrome shirt pattern)

Wouldn't the Riddler have put the picture of the Toucan after Pikipek in that case? Like he did with the monk staff being put after Jangmo-o.

Back
Top Bottom