• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Gumshoos and Raticate show off the time aspect of the version exclusivity. And with Sun and Moon, that's more important.
But They aren't version exclusive as far as we know, and if the demo proves anything gumshoos can still be found at both times of day. Therefore it still does not show anything about that exclusivity.

But They aren't version exclusive as far as we know, and if the demo proves anything gumshoos can still be found at both times of day. Therefore it still does not show anything about that exclusivity.
Yungoos being found at both times of day if anything suggests it could very well be sun exclusive. The demo seems to focus on sun version, not moon. And even if it didn't focus on sun over moon, it's still just a specially crafted demo meant to have one or two mons and that's it. So the demo proves nothing

Yungoos and Rattata lines aren't exclusives (as much we know), but Gumshoos and Raticate as TOTEM POKÉMON are. If you have Sun and fight the first Totem, it will be Gumshoos, if you have Moon and fight the first Totem, it will be Raticate.

When did I suggest that battles are what need to go? I don't have a problem with battling, I'm just tired of the worn-out style of Gyms.

And mind you, battling is as much a part of Trials as it was with Gyms. We didn't just take pictures of the Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o in the demo, we battled them too. And we know from early reviews that the first Trial in the games has us battle Pokémon in the Verdant Cavern, as well as some Team Skull grunts, if I recall. And then of course, they culminate in 2-on-1 Totem Battles, and then further so in battles against the Kahunas. So I don't know how you're getting the impression that the battling aspect is shrinking. It's still very much there, it's just not as monotonous.

On top of that - Battle Royal? Create-Your-Own Competitions?

Eh, I feel like you're taking offense when none was intended or directed towards you. Otherwise a slightly confrontational nature? Firstly, you ask when you suggested battles need to go. The answer to that is really not in my post. Being that the concept alluding to you holding that thought is never broached. In fact, the word battle or any direct form of that is only used twice in my thoughts. I simply stated that within my plane of thought, I view Pokemon and Gyms as synonymous, and the ultimate goal of the games has been (again, in my form of conceptualization) build team, collect badges, become champion.

I suppose for perceptions sake and to assure you I was not trying to pass a sly generalization of your viewpoint through creating a bizarre jab at you, I can further elaborate why I quoted your message.

- So personally, I never want to see just straight-up Gyms ever again.

After explaining your enjoyment with switching the experience to a Trial, you followed up with that direct sentence. To a layman, one may interpret that for, literally, the exact definition, meaning you no longer wish to see the Gym/Trial in its old format going forward in the franchise. So one would surmise you prefer to see more of the extra elements such as taking pictures of Pokemon alongside the (undisputed) battle element, further reinforced by stating this would be your chosen format, even at the expense of a higher difficulty. As a free man of the land, I will express the fact that Sovereign BlindCaptainDrip has absolutely no desire to photograph PKMN, particularly at the expense of a higher difficulty. My reply of disagreement was merely stating a differing opinion to above sentence, being in the posts entirely that seemed most appropriate to deem your summary and main viewpoint. I stated my subject, that I view Pokemon and Gyms synonymously, and further elaborated my point in (what I had thought) adequate detail by using references to the growth in aesthetic options of play and my displeasure with the type effectiveness prompts this generation has integrated into the core battle format. Actually, I also transcribed the following statement.

- However, I DO agree with you in the concept that Gyms need some spice.

I further elaborated on this also. So, a thousand pardons, but I am hoping perhaps your quick assumption abrupt request to show you where you said you were not pro-battle was possibly made in err, as (from where I am sitting) that may in fact be impossible. As for making sure I was privy to the fact that Trials indeed do contain battles, you will no doubt be thrilled to discover I am in possession of said information. I very much do appreciate you looking out for me, though. It was a very kind gesture.

In the future, I make a stout endeavor to add disclaimers to my content as not to interpret my sub-par literary technique as Lowly BlindCaptainDrip creating false generalizations about my peers.

Sincerest Apologies,

The Feeble BlindCaptainDrip

This is how I think it will look

Captains
Normal
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Ghost
Dragon

Kahunas
Fighting
Rock
Ground
Steel (no evidence for this one, but just a guess)

I know it's only 1 different but it's be so annoying we've gone down from 8 to 7 on Gym Trainers/Captains, I know it's not a huge drop, but it does feel a little bit sour. If they didn't want to use the number 8, why not give us 1 more at 9 instead of 1 less?

Eh, I feel like you're taking offense when none was intended or directed towards you.

I assure you that was not the case.

I simply stated that within my plane of thought, I view Pokemon and Gyms as synonymous, and the ultimate goal of the games has been (again, in my form of conceptualization) build team, collect badges, become champion.

And largely, my point in response was that this element has not gone away. It has, for the most part, just been expanded to encompass other things so as not to be so formulaic and repetitive. We're still building a team, still collecting "badges" (albeit a less tangible manifestation of the concept; if I recall, I read somewhere that they stamp our trainer cards), and still becoming the [island challenge] champion. So when you say that they are "shifting away" from battles, I have to disagree. The entire core structure is still there. It's been tinkered with and had some new ideas implemented into it so that it doesn't end up like XY, where we had what I'd argue was the most perfunctory, insubstantial execution of the Gym challenge yet, but it is for the most part the same overall goal with similar beats.

New Leaks(warning contains datamine stuff) /vp/ - leekz - Pokémon - 4chan super cringey

Thats what I meant by cringey,but leaks are leaks. If I find a leak I should post it here imo
Edit:Omg he said Colress and Lusamine are married and there children are Lillie and Gladion this is so fake it hurts
This is why 4chan is always a complete laughable joke the cringe is so real lol!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well since we're on a different topic is everybody 100% sure this is all the Pokemon we are going to getjo
Thats what I meant by cringey,but leaks are leaks. If I find a leak I should post it here imo
Edit:Omg he said Colress and Lusamine are married and there children are Lillie and Gladion this is so fake it hurts
Hey it's hilarious so thanks for sharing by the way everybody 100% sure it is all the Pokemon we're going to get you know from the datamine

Well since we're on a different topic is everybody 100% sure this is all the Pokemon we are going to getjo

Hey it's hilarious so thanks for sharing by the way everybody 100% sure it is all the Pokemon we're going to get you know from the datamine
No problem,its getting even better,Torracat evolves into "Rumbelt", and a Pokemon from the datamine that I wont mention is named Pilakuʻia. Anyway Im 99% thats all Pokemon

Commenting about a hipotesis on 4chan about how there is 7 Trial Captains because of the 7 Rainbow Colors, since SM codenome was Pokémon Niji (Rainbow)

Red - Kiawe
Orange - The Dragon Trial Captain? / Sophocles
Yellow - Sophocles / The Dragon Trial Captain?
Green - Mallow
Blue - Lana
Indigo - Ghost Girl
Violet/Pink/Wtv - Ilima

It also make a good reference on Gen I where cities and badges were named after colors. Since the Islands are also named after colors, and the Kahuna have thematic colors, it would make sense.

Even though I think that one leak that was like "Guzma was disliked by the guardians and thats why he wasn't allowed to be a trial captain" or whatever is disproven I still like the general idea of it and am taking it as headcanon unless it's proven wrong. I need to find it again.

Edit: It was the Game Half Finished leak as I thought
  • The Kahunas didn't really like Guzma because Tapu Koko reacted badly to him and they saw this as a sign of wickedness

Last edited:
Does Pikipek really have base 75 atk in the Sun and Moon Demo ?

I remember seeing screens in the datamine about its base stats but its defences were lowered like the others I recall.

Back
Top Bottom