• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They didn't that for the remakes, so why would they do it for sequels? Don't be paranoid.

I'm pretty sure that Pokemon from other regions will be added to the regional Pokedex just like in the movie. Either way, they'll be in the post-game.

Someone asked about non-Kanto Pokémon in the movie. I was responding to that.

While it wouldn't have hurt to have a third Kalos game, Zygarde and Ash Greninja being put into SM took away any reason for Z to exist.

While it wouldn't have hurt to have a third Kalos game, Zygarde and Ash Greninja being put into SM took away any reason for Z to exist.
They could just put kalos as a post-game into Stars, because they already deconfirmed Z in 2015 or they'll do a Kalos sequel in the future, it could go either way
About Starz. I think we will get a new massive form of Ho-Oh and Necrozma will become this huge dragon. They would both be rivals and would complete the Yggdrasil theory started in X/Y where Xerneas is a combination of the Stags, Zygarde is the world snake, and Yveltal is one of the 2 birds on top of Yggdrasil. Ho-oh is the other bird and Necrozma would be Nidhogg. Also the ultra beasts represent the 9 realms
i would like to see Ho-oh and Necrozma new forms :)

That's the reason why people didn't like BW, because of the limited unova pokemon, I definitely know we won't see that in pokemon stars, I rather see if they put Sun/Moon and XY pokedex and national pokedex to return

That wouldn't have worked. Game Freak obviously wanted another 3DS-based generation and 2016 was the latest time to launch it.

Kanto promotion is still going on this year via the movie; I don't see the problem. Besides, if I'm right about Johto being included, then the recent Go expansion and the movie's focus on Ho-Oh are all good marketing tools that weren't done last year.

By the way, other examples of big games that had round anniversaries last year are Zelda and Dragon Quest (30th each). In both cases, the next mainline entries had to be pushed to 2017 for practical reasons. Was it a travesty? Hardly.
There is Kanto promotion mainly because it's the anime's 20th anniversary. Also, BoTW has been pushed back multiple times to its 2017 date, and I don't know Dragon Quest but at least they got a game in 2016, unlike Zelda.
Have fun waiting for the XY remakes.
Never said I wanted XY remakes. I just stated a possible point in why there were a ton of people who want more Kalos.
That's the reason why people didn't like BW, because of the limited unova pokemon, I definitely know we won't see that in pokemon stars, I rather see if they put Sun/Moon and XY pokedex and national pokedex to return
What do you mean? Unova had the most Pokemon introduced in one generation, and Black/White was only Gen V Pokemon for most of the storyline. Unless you meant the limited Pokemon not from Unova, then get the White version because the Forest have a good amount of outside Pokemon. But yes, I did not like having only Unova Pokemon for most of the game in Black and White.
1. What would happen to the Pokétch when Sinnoh gets remade? The Switch only has one screen.

2. Limiting Kanto sequels to the first 151/251 Pokémon would piss too many fans and make them hate the game and Gen I fans. What do you mean I can't transfer my Ralts and Gible?
To answer your problems:
1. Either the remakes have to be on the 3DS or they scrap the Poketch altogether, which I do not think would happen.
2. I agree. Maybe they pull the FireRed/LeafGreen (insert derogatory term meaning poop here) where you have to go on a quest to get 2 stones to trade between games. Also, Gen I fans are pretty hated already :p.

I do see how this is an insult, but I think this term is used just like Cancertale; it's people hating on a certain (in their opinion) annoying fanbase. I usually use Genwunner just to identify them, not to insult them, but I'll still control the use of it

Firstly if a staff member tells you to not use the terms. The best response is to just not to use it. Secondly calling a fanbase annoying and using the word 'Cancer' in that context is also really bad and thirdly this isn't up for discussion. A staff member told you to not use it. Don't argue especially if the arguments are really, really, extremely weak. Genwunner through several contextual usage is a negative connotation. You literally said yourself that you use it as "people hating on a certain (in their opinion) annoying fanbase"

So how is it even possible to be used as a positive term. You're literally identifying people negatively.

Please refrain for using the term when a staff member literally tells you not to use it.

Firstly if a staff member tells you to not use the terms. The best response is to just not to use it. Secondly calling a fanbase annoying and using the word 'Cancer' in that context is also really bad and thirdly this isn't up for discussion. A staff member told you to not use it. Don't argue especially if the arguments are really, really, extremely weak. Genwunner through several contextual usage is a negative connotation. You literally said yourself that you use it as "people hating on a certain (in their opinion) annoying fanbase"

So how is it even possible to be used as a positive term. You're literally identifying people negatively.

Please refrain for using the term when a staff member literally tells you not to use it.
Ahh, a slip on my part sorry. I meant to state my opinion of the word (insert derogatory name for Gen I person) and not argue with an admin. Also, I was just comparing this word to a more relatable terms, hence the Undertale Fandom. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone and I'll not make that dumb mistake again :p

While we are talking about Gen I (and Johto sequels, in a sense), I wonder if it would be during the events of Black/White, B2W2/XY, or Sun/Moon. I prefer Sun/Moon timeline, as it can go deeper into Lillie's growth.

I wonder about the 20 new pokemon leak and 10 new alola forms, I wonder if those 20 new pokemon are Mega Evolution, because I doubt they'll be new pokemon. What do you think?

I wonder about the 20 new pokemon leak and 10 new alola forms, I wonder if those 20 new pokemon are Mega Evolution, because I doubt they'll be new pokemon. What do you think?

What are you talking about?

I just came from GameStop, the stores continue to sell out of the Switch everyday. If Game Freak really are considering releasing a port of SM on the Switch, I hope they do it when supply is more readily available. A Pokemon game will only cause Nintendo to sell out again.

I am a full time video game critic, and over the past few months I have been heavily involved in leaking information about the Nintendo Switch ahead of official reveals.
I am....extremely suspicious. Openly admitting to leaking information and not worried about any kind of consequences?

Also, it doesn't even "confirm" that. Her post says
I have heard 20+ new monsters being saved for Stars. Tom doesn't think that's likely. I honestly do not know if folk would be happy with that or not.
Nothing definite there. There's also still the question of "Why would they suddenly introduce new Pokemon mid-generation, something that's never been done before? (I'm not counting new alternate forms, because she says "monsters", not "forms".)

I don't think that new Pokemon would be introduced in a third version. It takes away the feel and need for new gens, in my opinion.

Yeah, I think Stars is either gonna be a 3DS thing, or it's completely made up. Game Freak said in the past that they're moving away from third versions, in fact, since they said they don't do as well as the primary two versions. I can't see them introducing twenty new Pokémon - not forms, but new species - mid-generation.

Yeah, I think Stars is either gonna be a 3DS thing, or it's completely made up. Game Freak said in the past that they're moving away from third versions, in fact, since they said they don't do as well as the primary two versions. I can't see them introducing twenty new Pokémon - not forms, but new species - mid-generation.

No, I think Stars will be switch exclusive, because Stars might work better on Switch then 3ds, since Sun and Moon reached the limit on 3ds, there's no purpose on putting Stars on 3ds.

When did GF said they're are moving away from third game anyway, they never said anything on moving away from third game. They wanted to do something different, for the past 4 generation, we had a main game, third game, and remake. In Gen 5, we have main game and sequels. In gen 6, we just have main game and remake. So we'll likely to see either third game or sequel in Gen 7

Maybe that 20 new pokemon leaks is a possible new megas, because they also said they'll be 10 new alolan pokemon, so yeah, I wouldn't consider them putting new pokemon in third game, remake, and sequels

The Switch isn't compatible with the multiplayer aspect of Pokémon, unless they want to force players to only battle and trade online, which would go against one of the fundamental aspects of the series. Unlike the 3DS, there's no way for two Switches to interact without an internet connection, meaning you couldn't trade with or battle someone you encounter IRL. If the rumors of a main series Pokémon game on the Switch are true, then you'd have no way to do that. Unlike some of the other more superficial aspects of the series they ditched in SuMo (gyms, for example), leaving out offline trading and battling would actually remove a very key aspect of the gameplay. Plus, you'd have to pay to be able to trade and battle.

I like the Switch a lot - I've been alternating between Breath of the Wild and Pokémon Moon as the only two games I've been playing recently - but it wouldn't work for a main series Pokémon game unless Game Freak is willing to give up one of the central concepts of the franchise. If we're getting a Switch Pokémon game, it will at most be a Stadium-style game or some manner of spin-off. Personally, my prediction is the Pokémon game on the Switch will be either a Stadium-style game or an updated version of Pokkén Tournament with the arcade-only characters added to the game, like how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has the DLC from the original version of Mario Kart 8 added in.

Last edited:
The Switch isn't compatible with the multiplayer aspect of Pokémon, unless they want to force players to only battle and trade online, which would go against one of the fundamental aspects of the series. Unlike the 3DS, there's no way for two Switches to interact without an internet connection, meaning you couldn't trade with or battle someone you encounter IRL. If the rumors of a main series Pokémon game on the Switch are true, then you'd have no way to do that. Unlike some of the other more superficial aspects of the series they ditched in SuMo (gyms, for example), leaving out offline trading and battling would actually remove a very key aspect of the gameplay. Plus, you'd have to pay to be able to trade and battle.
Yes. This is a big reason why GF wouldn't Switch over (pun intended). Local trading and battling is part of the essential Pokemon experience. Also, @Dustflier, where did you get this information from?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom