• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ME Movies Mafia: Endgame: Winners are You! 15/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it pretty disturbing all conversation has shifted to Zexy's claim. And I agree with the parroting stuff. Just look at Rainbow Cloud's one post. It's saying he agrees with Elementar specifically about Zexy. Nothing else.

Vote: Rainbow Cloud

I'm not a regular so I don't know about Zexy's indep claim history, so from my "neutral" point of view I see nothing wrong with it, let alone a bandwagon this large.

Before I forget, MegaPod is looking pretty good right now.
Was I supposed to disagree with his post just to be contrary?
The only thing that had happened in the game at that point besides a few joke votes was Zexy's out of the blue and unprompted indep claim which was the only real talking point. Rather than just parroting Elementar's responce, I said in my post that I was agreeing with his point that he wanted to hear more about the claim rather than just accept it at face value. I also aked Zexy if he could clarify the nature of his claim without revealing the full details of his role and mentioned about the earlier joke votes which I didn't think were worth analysing in great deatil at that point.

Why is MegaPod looking good?
You've parroted his reasons for suspecting Aussie only you've applied the suspicions to myself and Pika instead.

This annoys me as well. Not only is it a post only talking about Zexy, it's also trying to get deeper into the claim. That's time wasted right there and I can see scum motivation behind it. can't vote twice sadly f
Why only focus on myself and Pika for focusing on Zexy when it was the only real point of interest that had happened in the game at that point, why not the other players who were focusing on him. Your post also suggests that you think Pika's post was worst than mine, if that's the case why did you vote for me and not Pika?

Nothing else stood out to me as much as these two.
This looks like tunneling in my opinion, multiple players can be accused of the same thing but the focus is only on a specific two.

Unvote: Zexy

I'm willing to believe him for the time being. And I see his point about situations where it helps to claim Day 1. That said, AussieEevee hasn't said much more than what's been said already. I can sense some CWAC going on.

Vote: AussieEevee

More thoughts, please. Like who else looks suspicious to you so far?
I disagree with your point against Aussie here for the same reasons I don't agree with Alex's point again myself and Pika, literally nothing else had happened in the game besides a few joke votes so I don't see why Aussie focusing on Zexy is a problem.

*runs in puffing* Hi! I'm here!

Gotta say I never trust a day 1 claim. You guys know this... and I find Zexy very suspicious right now.

Vote: Zexy

What is your wincon, Zexy? (In your words, of course)
I must say, I really don't like this post. Just jumps straight on in and actually starts a wagon. Can't be blamed for that part, but the rest of it is a little bit odd.

Thoughts, Aussie?

This annoys me as well. Not only is it a post only talking about Zexy, it's also trying to get deeper into the claim. That's time wasted right there and I can see scum motivation behind it. can't vote twice sadly

I agree with you here, Alex. We have spent major part of the day discussing Zexy's indep claim. My motive behind trying to find Zexy's character was to understand what kind of indep they are. Upon finding that, we could then move on to hunting scum. Zexy's claim being unknown diverts attention towards them and away from scum hunting.

I am confused about the votes on Zexy. While I don't like them as they would just lead to wasting a day phase but that is still better than a mislynch.
Never seen an indep being lynched D1, so don't know how that works.

Nobody seems specifically scummy to me now. However Megapod and Alex get some town cred for generating discussion and discussing various issues.

I actually like Rainbow Cloud to be honest. Their respones feel genuine and authentic. They seem towny to me.

I don't like jack though. They only voted for Zexy after Elieson cast suspicion on them and hardly addressed the post at all. Although, I feel like Elie didn't need to point out that a pressure vote was needed given that others jumped onto the BW after jack's post. There's a difference between pressure and creating a large BW. Anyway, I think jack's reasoning for voting Zexy was forced (tone reading) and I want to see where this leads for now.

VOTE: jackatlasred

Why is MegaPod looking good?
You've parroted his reasons for suspecting Aussie only you've applied the suspicions to myself and Pika instead.
He is looking good because he is actively trying to generate discussion by picking up things he dislikes. Up until the point everyone was talking about Zexy, there was "nothing" else to talk about. How did he manage to talk about other stuff then?

I'm not sure how I should reply to the parroting comment. I don't think that more than one person believing it's a waste to focus on a day 1 indep claim is bad can be considered parroting.

Why only focus on myself and Pika for focusing on Zexy when it was the only real point of interest that had happened in the game at that point, why not the other players who were focusing on him. Your post also suggests that you think Pika's post was worst than mine, if that's the case why did you vote for me and not Pika?
Because your posts were the ones that stood out to me the most. I felt zero content and nothing new came out of them, so I acted against it.
Choosing who to vote was a close call. Pika tried to focus even more on the Zexy claim and while I can see scum motivation behind it, in the sense of trying to waste day 1 time, I can't deny there is also the possibility of genuine attempt to at least look for something new to Zexy's case, even if it's much less possible in my eyes. Your post was just asking Zexy to reveal more, which was nothing new.

I must say, I really don't like this post. Just jumps straight on in and actually starts a wagon. Can't be blamed for that part, but the rest of it is a little bit odd.

Thoughts, Aussie?
I could have just said "Hi, I'm here. bye."... Would you have preferred that?

My reasons for the vote are listed above, and anyone who has played here before... even Zexy himself... probably predicted I would vote for Zexy, because I find day 1 claims to be very suspicious. It's almost as if they are trying to say "Hi, I'm innocent. Please don't suspect me."

He is looking good because he is actively trying to generate discussion by picking up things he dislikes. Up until the point everyone was talking about Zexy, there was "nothing" else to talk about. How did he manage to talk about other stuff then?

I'm not sure how I should reply to the parroting comment. I don't think that more than one person believing it's a waste to focus on a day 1 indep claim is bad can be considered parroting.
The point is your reason for disliking my post is based on something you did similar with your post which seems to be unfair.

Because your posts were the ones that stood out to me the most. I felt zero content and nothing new came out of them, so I acted against it.
Choosing who to vote was a close call. Pika tried to focus even more on the Zexy claim and while I can see scum motivation behind it, in the sense of trying to waste day 1 time, I can't deny there is also the possibility of genuine attempt to at least look for something new to Zexy's case, even if it's much less possible in my eyes. Your post was just asking Zexy to reveal more, which was nothing new.
My post was made not long after Zexy had made his claim and before he has given any more information on his claim but your judging my post on the context of the bandwagon that later built after Zexy had replied to these questions, which althrough I haven't stated yet is a bandwagon I beleive to be premature based on the information we have. I'm not convinced either way on Zexy's claim at the moment and need some more time to go over his responses and the posts in his wagon. At that time though the indep claim was fresh and there were questions that needed to be raised, should I have just ignored Zexy's claim and tried to analyse the joke votes instead?

I'm surprised that there's so much discussion at this Day 1. Didn't expect Day 1 to already be this serious.

I think Zexy is genuine from what he's said. I don't think he would lie about a claim so early into the game.

I'll provide more input later if I get the time.

That thing can't work twice, everyone's aware of the trick now. Besides I've pulled off a similar stunt as hers as Serial Killer in Fruit Bowl I and it ended up terribly.

A reason to let me live? You'll be wasting a day phase to lynch me and my role may end up being helpful for town. Yet I do not wish to help either side unless absolutely needed, that would only enrage the other side against me.

I'm sure it can work twice...Bulba has proven me wrong many a time by exceeding my expectations in virtually every way, including walking into the same trap multiple times despite my protests...FinalArcadia's SK claim, Elementar being Scum instead of ITP in a game that I caught him immediately in; I'm tired of letting people that are essentially caught somehow stumbling away without so much as a scratch especially after potentially me no longer being around to push it myself.

If you're just going to sit by idle-y and prattle on that your role "might be helpful but you don't want to pick a side to use it on", then I want it gone entirely before the 50% chance of it cutting into town hinders my chances of winning just because it's convenient for you. Even if you are a survivor variant (which it sounds like you are claiming), I'm 100% sure that a lynch on you will not hurt town's chances to win, and if you're already claiming ITP that can any-side, then it means you're not immediately town-siding 100%. Betrayal does not fit you.

@Alex Kaz is playing uncharacteristically by-the-book right now. Something seems really off about him, but his material all looks stellar. It's the way he's phrasing things. Are you a college student, Alex? I can't recall.

@Feenie Please express your thoughts on Alex

jack needs to say/do something that isn't just asking zexy to claim. That vote was nice to have added to the table but at this point, I don't even know if he's read anything in the game aside from zexy's itp claim post.

To add on to what Elie just said. Artemis showed how an indep can flip the game in favor of another side. So yeah no 50% allowed that's not stating to be helping town. If you're by like I was in Elementar Universe then you're an enemy.

Alex Kaz said:
Why isn't it justified? Is it impossible that scum could use Zexy's claim as an excuse to not involve themselves with others for the time being?
I never implied it wasn't. I said that it wasn't entirely justified to get on each player due to the reason that, at the time, it was the only 'big' thing to happen in thread.

AussieEevee said:
As I said, there isn't a lot to talk about.
Not true, you can look into others posts and see what there is to say about them.

Rainbow Cloud said:
I disagree with your point against Aussie here for the same reasons I don't agree with Alex's point again myself and Pika, literally nothing else had happened in the game besides a few joke votes so I don't see why Aussie focusing on Zexy is a problem.
Aussie is just focusing on Zexy and almost refusing to speak about anything else almost as if to not incriminate himself somehow. I would vote him, but I've seen this behavior from him in other games where he's town and although this is very meta I really want to see more from him before being hasty.

Elieson said:
@Feenie Please express your thoughts on Alex
I really don't like how he's just focusing on Rainbow Cloud which is essentially what he was getting on Rainbow Cloud for (their post about Zexy's indep claim). It's hypocritical and that particular discussion seems to be going in circles rather than creating anything meaningful because Rainbow Cloud's argument against him seems to honestly be pretty sound and I don't know exactly what they're supposed to say--not much else was being discussed at the time besides Zexy's claim. And it is important to discuss, we shouldn't just ignore it.

VOTE: Alex Kaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom