• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What little things, details, and other small stuff do you want to see in future games?

Tell me about it ;_; I've been begging for an auto-sort feature for YEARS and they never included it - even when Pokemon Bank was out! We're nearing 1000 pokemon, and in this high-tech era why do we have to manually sort our pokemon???

Also, I want to release pokemon by bulk.
It would also be much more convenient if we can access the PC from anywhere and at anytime. Maybe we have a smart watch that works like the Poketch and has access to the PC?

Morning sun, Moonlight and Synthesis- I would wish they would become more seperate and diverse more those moves from each other.
All have difrent names but the exact same effect till today.

I would suggest that Morning sun could heal up a sleeping pokemon and wake it up if it sleeps plus the weather effect. Or heal a sleeping pokemon better then others maybe with full hp and wake it out the same turn?

Moonlight should work the oposite way then Morning sun and Synthesis, when there is a small amount of sun it should work better, it should heal stronger during other weathers then sunny weather.

Synthesis works good during sun but maybe it should also get a effect added? but maybe if grassy terrain is on field or if the user has grass pelt(maybe activate speed up), leaf guard or has used Rototeiler or Growth before then its should raise more the def / sp. def or both or speed before or after the use? that way they could buff the grass type more.
(its the signature move of Alakazam line but it always felt to weak for a such strong pokemon and could be used also with a other pokemon too. the effect on steel would be good thing for the move and the pokes knowing it plus steel would get a good nerf)

Telekinesis- what if used on levitating or flying target will it also reduce its chance of hiting the user or cause it to flinch or something? confuse it?

Gravity- brings flying/levitating target down and causes damage or confuses it to it.
Good that it already blocks flying type moves for that time. Could create a ability to cast it.

Teleport- it should work like batton pass or work more like Detect+priority next turn but maybe with smaller chance of working every next time used in battle or once per whole the battle.
(in trainer battles)

Trick- what if the oponent doesnt have a item? then it could steal a barrier like reflect or maybe aqua ring or healing move in that turn or something other?(Magician would also need a change buff in this kind of way)

Sparkling Aria - would be cool if in regular(single, 6vs6, not only the triple and double) battles this move could heal the user up from a status condition too when used? (maybe by rain or every time)

Last edited:
Another thing I had thought of is I want the Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade items restored to their original values. Nerfing them in SM was a bad idea, as they were much more cost effective and useful compared to Potions and Super Potions. Yes, I get the fact that GF wants us to use the "true" healing items vs alternatives, and I know you can't buy the drinks in bulk, but still, they were far superior and much easier to use back in earlier gens. At least they didn't nerf Moomoo Milk, but I want the other drinks restored to their original power. I feel much better giving my Mons a Lemonade to heal them than a Super Potion, as I like to think they're enjoying the drink (I know I would, especially lemonade, which is one of my favorite drinks), especially since the anime portrayed Potions and such as spray meds that tend to sting. So I want Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade restored to their full value in future games.
^This. I'd also like the ability to purchase the drinks in bulk to come back. Buying them from the vending machines has been tedious since Generation IV because the jingle starts playing every time you obtain a drink.
Speaking of Generation IV, I'd like the requirement for getting the National Dex to be the same as it was in the Sinnoh games-you'd need to see every single Pokemon in the regional Dex to unlock it. I thought it was a great idea and a good incentive to explore the entire region and battle every in-game Trainer.

-Auto-sort feature in the boxes. Please
-a way to change the music (like an MP3 player that let's me play any song I want, including past games and stuff). I just get so frustrated having to hear the same songs for hundreds of hours.
-moving camera now that we're moving to more high-power consoles. Seeing the sky as it changes through the day would be a nice detail

A way to fullscreen any artwork in museums, assuming that the game in question has a museum. How am I supposed to derive any satisfaction from those tiny, pixelated images at the Lumiose and Lilycove Museums?
Most of it is based off TCG and other official art
g5vc0vz.jpg
SLGXh4E.jpg
SZCxoV8.jpg
L2AffUP.jpg
lumiose-museum.png

661px-Ecruteak_City_Landscape.png
Couldn't find an in-game screenshot
800px-Battle_Subway_artwork.png

-
As for a feature I'd like to see come back, the ability to toggle run and a streamlined interface

HG/SS had the best layout where you didn't have to push X to open the menu before saving or opening your bag

Morning sun, Moonlight and Synthesis- I would wish they would become more seperate and diverse more those moves from each other.
All have difrent names but the exact same effect till today.
They didn't always have the same effect-Morning Sun and Moonlight used to depend on the time of day. It was removed in Gen 3, seemingly due to the absence of a day/night cycle in FRLG, and has stayed out because online battles often cross time zones.

They didn't always have the same effect-Morning Sun and Moonlight used to depend on the time of day. It was removed in Gen 3, seemingly due to the absence of a day/night cycle in FRLG, and has stayed out because online battles often cross time zones.

theoretically they could use other weathers to change that.
Moonlight should work better during rain , sandstorm, hail.

- Sitting on benches.

- PC sort options. Not just an easy way to insert Pokemon without looking for a free space, but also the possibility to sort on level, type, name and capture date.

- The return of seasons. Such an awesome addition, to the Unova region. I can imagine it's a pain to produce it, but it made the region come to life.

- the ability to design your protagonist before the game starts. It's 2017 Game Freak, the time for fixed clothing and skin tones in video games is in the past.

Better move animations?
Actually show the pokémon performing contact moves always, since that's an important gameplay distinction.
And avoiding animations that simply turn the pokémon into the attack, unless that's sort of what it does.

Most of it is based off TCG and other official art
g5vc0vz.jpg
SLGXh4E.jpg
SZCxoV8.jpg
L2AffUP.jpg
lumiose-museum.png

661px-Ecruteak_City_Landscape.png
Couldn't find an in-game screenshot
800px-Battle_Subway_artwork.png

-
As for a feature I'd like to see come back, the ability to toggle run and a streamlined interface

HG/SS had the best layout where you didn't have to push X to open the menu before saving or opening your bag

Only about half of what's in the Lumiose Museum is official/TCG art. I want to see crisp versions of the other half; the landscape paintings and such. And I don't think any of the paintings in the Lilycove Museum come from real artwork, either.

Better move animations?
Actually show the pokémon performing contact moves always, since that's an important gameplay distinction.
And avoiding animations that simply turn the pokémon into the attack, unless that's sort of what it does.
That's really not a "little thing". With 800+ different Pokemon, we'd be racking up thousands of custom animations pretty fast. They'd take time to develop and data in the game-I'd much prefer that amount of effort spent elsewhere.

That's really not a "little thing". With 800+ different Pokemon, we'd be racking up thousands of custom animations pretty fast. They'd take time to develop and data in the game-I'd much prefer that amount of effort spent elsewhere.
That's not what I am talking about. The animation for a pokémon and animation for a move are completely different things. (Otherwise there'd already be in the game an exponential number far beyond "thousands", that's not how it works.)
A simple series of displacements added to the animation flags would do it easily and quickly. Even Battle Revolution kinda does it... inconsistently and without correlating them to the contact category, but still.
Even with carefully and especially done animations would end up just... simply being redoing the move animations. With maybe extra details for some cases if they want.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. You said that you wanted to the game to "actually show the Pokemon performing contact moves"-would that not mean a custom animation for each Pokemon using the move? (By "custom animation", I mean a unique Pokemon animation for each one-so for Tackle, Tepig would have a unique Pokemon animation, Chimchar would have a unique Pokemon animation, and so on, even if the move's animation was not altered for each Pokemon) There's not a huge amount of Pokemon animations out there, I don't think they could suit every existing move with just a few tweaks.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. You said that you wanted to the game to "actually show the Pokemon performing contact moves"-would that not mean a custom animation for each Pokemon using the move? (By "custom animation", I mean a unique Pokemon animation for each one-so for Tackle, Tepig would have a unique Pokemon animation, Chimchar would have a unique Pokemon animation, and so on, even if the move's animation was not altered for each Pokemon) There's not a huge amount of Pokemon animations out there, I don't think they could suit every existing move with just a few tweaks.
No, I don't mean a custom, unique animation for each pokémon. I mean the move animations themselves.

Like... Currently a pokémon performs the animation away from the target (usually), while I want both pokémon shown together on the same shot instead for moves that make contact.

The closest I would think that might be what you're misunderstanding would be adding a walk cycle to all pokémon if they do not have one? (which I mean, would be good to have for many other things anyways, like overworld pokémon)
Or maybe you're thinking I meant like, a detailed animation? That is not it at all. I only mean the pokémon to be shown close to another.
(of course, things like signature moves could get away with a more detailed thing though)

Animations are made of several parts. A "move animation" is really just calling different animation cycles and effects and arranging them together. So I'm talking about adding an instruction that places the pokémon next to the target and things like that to several moves.
(Also for reference, I am assuming pokémon have idle, sent out, turning, 2 attacks?, hurt and fainting animations.)

I'm sorry if I'm not clarifying well. I just don't see where are you assuming custom animatitons from.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I'm not clarifying well. I just don't see where are you assuming custom animatitons from.

I think they assumed the same as me: that you meant the animation a Pokémon makes when attacking, like Skitty standing up and moving wildly with its paws. These are unique for each Pokémon and I assumed you meant making a new unique attack animation for each Pokémon for contact moves.

But I see you mean changing the animation of the move itself, not of the Pokémon, that's where the confusion came from ^^;

Have Megas disobey you if you don't have a high enough friendship/affection level. I used to think Mega's worked based off of affection, though the second entries and the Anime showed me that there are other ways to stress the bond between trainer and Pokémon besides activating the transformation itself.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom