• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

This! And even if he ends up catching it, he is gonna release it when he leaves Alola, so he better not catches it all and just have six regular mons that can stay at Oaks and can be called upon later.

Naganadel could easily end up like Charizard or Squirtle. And imo a Charizard-like 'release' would be better than rotting at the lab. When was the last time we saw an Unovan or Sinnoh 'Oaked' Pokemon?

Naganadel could easily end up like Charizard or Squirtle. And imo a Charizard-like 'release' would be better than rotting at the lab. When was the last time we saw an Unovan or Sinnoh 'Oaked' Pokemon?
At the very end of BW, when Ash takes a photo with almost every Pokemon that he had at the time.

At the very end of BW, when Ash takes a photo with almost every Pokemon that he had at the time.

Hardly counts as an appearance. Being released is better than never appearing again in anything other than cameos. If I remember correctly, we haven’t seen Ash’s Unova or Sinnoh Pokemon outside of cameos after their respective series.
Being released or sent for training provides MUCH more character development than being Oaked. Such an outcome for Naganadel wouldn’t disappoint me at all after the league.

And where are Charizard and Squirtle at the moment... exactly, rotting at the lab.

Ash's rowlet is ash main regional bird in alola.So,like ash's other regional bird,maybe rowlet will fully evolve!

Hi! I can't believe I didn't know about this thread until now, but here I am now! Let me give my regards on some of this stuff:

-Litten's evolution is confirmed, and given its backstory and the pattern, I think it's very likely that it'll eventually become an Incineroar.

And what "pattern" am I talking about? Well, check this list of Ash's Fire starters and their evolutions:
-Kanto: Charizard (evolved 2 times)
-Johto: Quilava (evolved 1 time)
-Hoenn: Torchic (obtained by May instead)
-Sinnoh: Infernape (evolved 2 times)
-Unova: Pignite (evolved 1 time)
-Kalos: Fennekin (obtained by Serena instead)
And thus, following the pattern, it seems like it's time for another case of 2 evolutions.

-Rowlet is also likely to evolve at some point. They've already built up how it can move quietly and unnoticed, just like you'd expect from a Ghost-type Decidueye. Ash DID fully evolve two starters in Sinnoh too, so it wouldn't be anything unheard of.

-What comes to Poipole, I really, REALLY hope that the recent evidence is hinting at Ash catching it and making it his fifth Alola team member, but the realist in me points to the possibility of it being just a temporary recurring character. And if it IS a capture, it's an almost guaranteed evolution too IMO. Naganadel would be a REALLY cool Noivern-esque member of Ash's team (hopefully with a better winning record than Noivern, though).

Last edited:
That's not indicative of anything. I think that the Guardians are catching UBs to send back to Ultra Space, Poipole included.
Maybe ash will catch poipole and not release him because in game ultra recon squab giving poipole to the player

While I agree with you about the other UBs, I think Poipole is a special case. I can see it coming to like the group so much that it chooses to stay with them.
That goes against everything that we know about Ultra Beasts. They want to go back to Ultra Space. This is why they attack Fallers. They mistake them for a ride back home. Poipole is an Ultra Beast. It's not a regular Pokemon, so stop treating it like one.

That goes against everything that we know about Ultra Beasts. They want to go back to Ultra Space. This is why they attack Fallers. They mistake them for a ride back home. Poipole is an Ultra Beast. It's not a regular Pokemon, so stop treating it like one.
I think you're forgetting that games=/=anime. Anime has taken incalculable liberties from the games before too, so why not here as well? It's perfectly possible.

Just because it's happened before does not mean that it will happen again.
Let's face it. Anime's habit of taking liberties from the games is more of a rule than exception, we have about 1000 episodes and 20 movies worth of material to be a proof of that. So I have very little doubt that if the show makers have chosen to let Ash keep Poipole, that they'd let the game canon stop them from doing that.

I think the chances of Rowlet evolving are slim. I think it'll be the comedic starter pokemon of this generation in terms of party members. I think Inceneroar is a given.

Back to the mention of Quilava, it evolved 2 generations later. In Johto, Chikorita was the only three of his starter 'mon on his team that evolved. Unova mimicked that in a way, except Tepig was the only one of the three starters to evolve to it's second stage. This post was made based on looking at precedents from previous generations. This could break.

I think the chances of Rowlet evolving are slim. I think it'll be the comedic starter pokemon of this generation in terms of party members. I think Inceneroar is a given.

Back to the mention of Quilava, it evolved 2 generations later. In Johto, Chikorita was the only three of his starter 'mon on his team that evolved. Unova mimicked that in a way, except Tepig was the only one of the three starters to evolve to it's second stage. This post was made based on looking at precedents from previous generations. This could break.
Rowlet can still evolve. Its behaviors are usual for its species. Go read its Pokedex entries. And, if you think that Rowlet will lose its comedic personality after it evolves, go read Dartrix's and Decidueye's Pokedex entries.

Rowlet can still evolve. Its behaviors are usual for its species. Go read its Pokedex entries. And, if you think that Rowlet will lose its comedic personality after it evolves, go read Dartrix's and Decidueye's Pokedex entries.

Yes, Dartrix and Decidueye have comedic personalities as well, but Rowlet is the one that has the little kids/merchandise appeal that sells.

Back
Top Bottom