• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It's obvious that Litten will evolve into Incineroar.
I find Torracat would be more appropriate for Ash for a few given reasons:

-The fact it's faster allows it to align more with Ash's play style. The majority of Ash's starter aces in the past are generally speedy and easy to make strategies with.

-It's design is slightly more marketable than Incineroar's. It's quadrupedal traits, cute but intimidating looks, and size makes it more simple to use in the S/M series.

-It fits Ash more.

I'm not sure about that. One of his starters usually fully evolves and it's certainly not going to be Rowlet imo. I think that Dartrix will be lazy and Decidueye will lose that. I think it would be good to keep Rowlet's laziness. Litten has a lot of power and sassiness which will fully manifest as an Incineroar.

My revised prediction for the end of series:

Ash: Pikachu, Lycanroc, Dartrix, Torracat.
Lillie: Ninetales (evolve in the last episode)
Lana: Brionne, Lapras.
Kiawe: Charizard, Turtonator, Marowak.
Sophocles: Togedemaru, Vikavolt.
Mallow: Steenee.
Jessie: Wobbuffet.
James: Mareanie.

I'm not sure about that. One of his starters usually fully evolves and it's certainly not going to be Rowlet imo. I think that Dartrix will be lazy and Decidueye will lose that. I think it would be good to keep Rowlet's laziness. Litten has a lot of power and sassiness which will fully manifest as an Incineroar.
If you think that Rowlet will lose its personality, go read Dartrix and Decidueye's Pokedex entries. They're about as quircky and comedic as Rowlet.
My revised prediction for the end of series:

Ash: Pikachu, Lycanroc, Dartrix, Torracat.
Lillie: Ninetales (evolve in the last episode)
Lana: Brionne, Lapras.
Kiawe: Charizard, Turtonator, Marowak.
Sophocles: Togedemaru, Vikavolt.
Mallow: Steenee.
Jessie: Wobbuffet.
James: Mareanie.
I don't think that Ash won't have a full team. Also, you forgot Mimikyu.

If you think that Rowlet will lose its personality, go read Dartrix and Decidueye's Pokedex entries. They're about as quircky and comedic as Rowlet.

I don't think that Ash won't have a full team. Also, you forgot Mimikyu.

Well of course he will have a full team but you cannot really predict that yet can you?

Referring to my point, I simply said that Dartrix is more of a lazy character too which WILL fit the Rowlet gimmick. I said that Decidueye will fit it less and therefore I do not believe it will reach that stage. I don't need to read Pokedex entries to form my own opinion thank you.

Well of course he will have a full team but you cannot really predict that yet can you?

Referring to my point, I simply said that Dartrix is more of a lazy character too which WILL fit the Rowlet gimmick. I said that Decidueye will fit it less and therefore I do not believe it will reach that stage. I don't need to read Pokedex entries to form my own opinion thank you.
Decidueye is more gimmicky than any fully evolved starter ever.

It's design is slightly more marketable than Incineroar's. It's quadrupedal traits, cute but intimidating looks, and size makes it more simple to use in the S/M series.

Pretty sure Incineroar is more popular due to its wrestling theme and Japanese Tiger mask reference.
There's also that concept art that shows Incineroar with ash.

And Goodra and Torterra, for instance, were slow but Ash still got them.

Pretty sure Incineroar is more popular due to its wrestling theme and Japanese Tiger mask reference.

That concept art is Game Art. Decidueye is the most popular fully evolved starter (And Incineroar the least, since its bipedal once again).

That concept art is Game Art. Decidueye is the most popular fully evolved starter (And Incineroar the least, since its bipedal once again).
While I can agree with your first point, the second one sounds more like your personal opinion. As far as I'm aware, the popularity is split surprisingly evenly amongst all starters, but if I'd have to name one whose popularity is above the rest, I'd probably say Decidueye or Incineroar. I don't see how the latter being bipedal would affect its popularity. If anything, I've seen many people being happy that it's not another Fire/Fighting type.

Decidueye is the most popular fully evolved starter (And Incineroar the least, since its bipedal once again).

What’s your source on this claim? (I'd prefer a Japanese source rather than a western one since Japanese popularity matters more).

If I remember correctly, Japan was big on wrestling, and Incineroar is based on wrestling, along with the Japanese Tiger Mask reference, so I think Incineroar was designed to be the most popular in Japan.

I'd love if someone had a concrete source other than their own opinion though so that the debate can be ended.

That's been confirmed as game concept art. Also, all of the Pokemon you listed were shafted in favor of speedier Pokemon.

Just looked at M20 battles of Incineroar and Charmeleon/Charizard, and Incineroar isn’t depicted as exceptionally slow...nullifying the argument that Ash won’t get Incineroar because it’s slow.

Game stats=/anime

What’s your source on this claim? (I'd prefer a Japanese source rather than a western one since Japanese popularity matters more).

If I remember correctly, Japan was big on wrestling, and Incineroar is based on wrestling, along with the Japanese Tiger Mask reference, so I think Incineroar was designed to be the most popular in Japan.

I'd love if someone had a concrete source other than their own opinion though so that the debate can be ended.
According to search results from Pixiv:

Decidueye = 913 results
Primarina = 906 results
Incineroar = 566 results

According to search results from Pixiv:

Decidueye = 913 results
Primarina = 906 results
Incineroar = 566 results

Seems interesting. I was of the impression that the starters are close in popularity to each other.
Litten seems to be set to fully evolve, seeing its training. Rowlet may become Dsrtrix or Decidueye but I'm not sure, since Rowlet is also currently the joke Pokemon of the cast.

I also hope, in the middle of all this talk about Ash's Alola starters evolving, that Lana's Popplio would evolve one day, too. I could see a Sanpei-like scenario, where they meet that Ida girl again, with her Brionne having evolved, and Lana's Popplio evolving either during that re-encounter, or shortly before it.

It'd be awesome to see Lana using Oceanic Operetta one day...

Here's my prediction for pokemon sun/moon series ending

Ash: Pikachu, Dartrix, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Sandslash, Greninja (stated that greninja's not going to return)
Lana: Brionne, Lapras
Lillie: Alolan Ninetales
Sophocles: Charjabug, Togedemaru
Kiawe: Charizard, Turtonator, Marowak
Mallow: Tsareena
Jessie: Woobuffet, Mimikyu
James: Toxapex

Ash: Pikachu, Dartrix, Incineroar, Lycanroc, Sandslash, Greninja (stated that greninja's not going to return)
Ash: Ugh! I hate how much some people whine about wanting to see Greninja return. Yes, XY was great, but let's NOT mix these two things together, okay? It would be nothing more than shameless fanservice. But as for Alolan Sandslash... Yeah. That one sounds believable.
Lana: Brionne is the least I'm wanting for her. Seeing a Primarina by the end of the series though would be even more awesome for me.
Lillie: I'm hoping for that evolution, too.
Sophocles: Really? Not even hoping for Charjabug to evolve?
Kiawe: Yeah, I can see his team staying like this, although I wouldn't be sad if it didn't.
Mallow: Yeah, I'm hoping for that evolution as well.
Jessie: Yeah. Sounds believable. Let's hope that Jessie will get a Mimikium Z at some point, though.
James: Nah. Don't see that happening. It's better as it is.

I don't want Greninja to come back. It would steal the spotlight away from his Alolan team.

Back
Top Bottom