• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

To be honest, Pokemon know that they don't want Ash's previous Pokemon to steal the spotlight so I don't think Greninja will return. But they do return sometimes for the league and stuff which I think is cool. But yeah I agree with @RileyXY1
Yeah I agree. Ash-Greninja will steal the spotlight from Ash's Alolan Pokemon if it does return.

I'm just genuinely curious about this since it's been bugging me. Did Ash ever specifically mention that he'd only catch Pokemon in Sun & Moon that he has a matching Z Crystal for, or is that just another fan-made theory that's been blown out of proportion?

Its only a fan-made theory.... based on the fact that when Ash got Bloom Doom, Rowlet didn't use Normalium Z anymore and neither did Lycanroc when he obtained Rockium. Thus people started to assume he wil not get any Move Based Z-Crystal, but typing based (Ash has expressed desire for Steelium Z, but it will be a little redundant on Pikachu, since why use Steelium if you can use Electrium).

I'm just genuinely curious about this since it's been bugging me. Did Ash ever specifically mention that he'd only catch Pokemon in Sun & Moon that he has a matching Z Crystal for, or is that just another fan-made theory that's been blown out of proportion?
He has never stated something like that, and he would never.

Good. Then I wonder why some fans are treating the whole Z Crystal thing as supposedly being integral to Ash's future captures as if it's the law of the SM series.

As i said earlier: When both Rowlet and Lycanroc got acces too Grassium and Rockium, they used their typing Crystal over the Normalium Z. Also, its suspicious Fightinium was switched by Electrium, instead of letting Ash keep it. Same is said about Waterium (Lana has a water type, Ash doesn't, so Ash doesn't get the Water crystal) or Grassium (Just like with Litten, they could not have given Rowlet acces to Grassium Z, but could have let him encounter Kahili who saw potential in him or let him fight Fire Oriciorio for the Flyinium Z).

The same will happen if Litten Fully evolves. He either gets Incinium Z from Mask Royal, or else from Nanu (Nanu is more likely, since it seems they don't want to double up on Z-Crystals on the main cast and else Nanu's battle is kinda pointless).

As i said earlier: When both Rowlet and Lycanroc got acces too Grassium and Rockium, they used their typing Crystal over the Normalium Z. Also, its suspicious Fightinium was switched by Electrium, instead of letting Ash keep it. Same is said about Waterium (Lana has a water type, Ash doesn't, so Ash doesn't get the Water crystal) or Grassium (Just like with Litten, they could not have given Rowlet acces to Grassium Z, but could have let him encounter Kahili who saw potential in him or let him fight Fire Oriciorio for the Flyinium Z).

The same will happen if Litten Fully evolves. He either gets Incinium Z from Mask Royal, or else from Nanu (Nanu is more likely, since it seems they don't want to double up on Z-Crystals on the main cast and else Nanu's battle is kinda pointless).

Oooh, so it's a case of "muh patterns" then. Makes sense, since everyone knows that all presumed patterns on this show are infallible. :cautious:

Yes, I agree with Rockapheller because I think the producers have done it the other way around i.e. getting Z Crystals for Pokemon he already has. He will get a Fire/Incineroar Z Crystal soon I imagine. This is because the anime wants to show off all of the Z Crystals and also Ash's versatility with them.

Yes, I agree with Rockapheller because I think the producers have done it the other way around i.e. getting Z Crystals for Pokemon he already has. He will get a Fire/Incineroar Z Crystal soon I imagine. This is because the anime wants to show off all of the Z Crystals and also Ash's versatility with them.

He gets Incinium, since Kiawe has Firium Z and thus he is the one showcasing that one.

I doubt it, since he doesn't have Fightinium, nor does it have a exclusive crystal.
Well if he does, it will disprove the "catch by Z-crystal" fan theory.

In SM061, all the Pokemon got little Ultra Guardian amulets, and they appear to be gender-differentiated, with girls getting bows. Can we use that as confirmation of gender? (Expect Rotom, who is genderless)

Well if he does, it will disprove the "catch by Z-crystal" fan theory.

In SM061, all the Pokemon got little Ultra Guardian amulets, and they appear to be gender-differentiated, with girls getting bows. Can we use that as confirmation of gender? (Expect Rotom, who is genderless)
Shiron and Ashimari's "ribbons" looks like something usually boy characters wear.

Capture? Maybe, but I'm not entirely convinced that it'll stay caught if Buzzwole is any example. I feel as though this week's episode is a preview of the anime's stance towards UBs; that it's very important to get them home.

Back
Top Bottom