• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to last. SM sold the *vast* majority of its units in its first two months and came to a grinding halt afterwards. The same will happen with USUM. Breath of the Wild on the other hand will just keep climbing steadily as more people buy a Switch.

Yeah, Pokémon in general has become more frontloaded across the years. IIRC, BW, XY, and SM have each had bigger release numbers then their predecessors, but looking at raw numbers, none of them surpassed DP and only XY had surpassed an immediate predecessor. BotW on the other hand is breaking the downward trend that the series was having trouble with and is even selling in regions where it was struggling such as Japan, so more then likely it will be an evergreen title for at least the early years of the Switch.

That’s not quite what I’m referring to. What I’m talking about is how you can pull up the text dumps for HGSS or BW or XY and Ctrl+F “Arceus”, “Keldeo”, or “Diancie” and you will land on text from their in-game events in those games. You can even find the dialogue for receiving Magearna in the SM/USUM text, which just mentions that it was made 500 years ago, but that’s still something. Whereas there is absolutely no trace (aside from the obligatory Pokédex entries which have to be there) of Zeraora in USUM’s text whatsoever - although as I was corrected, such was also the case for Marshadow in SM’s text.

Speaking of this, I hope Gen 8 fixes the trend of Event Pokémon being glorified trophies. It really removes their special status when the only thing notable about them is an NPC handing it off to you with at best a brief blurb on their lore.

This is another thing I absolutely despise about new games, old games had cool events like Birth Island, Navel Rock in FRLG and Emerald, as well as Faraway Island in Emerald. RSE had Southern Island, which, granted, they gave us in ORAS, so that was a nice event to keep. You had the Darkrai event in the Sinnoh games, the event for Shaymin, the Manaphy egg from the Ranger games. The Arceus event in HGSS where you get to create one of the creation trio at level 1, and the shiny Pichu triggering the spiky-eared Pichu, and there was a Celebi time travel event in there too.

Of course the Unova games have Victini and Zoroark events, the GS Ball in Crystal VC, and that's about it? Did I cover it all?

I want them to bring back events in-game triggered by either key items or certain Pokemon, like the Aurora Ticket for Birth Island, or the shiny beasts for Zoroark.

Unova I'll give a bit of credit in that even though they removed the in-game events, they did have unlockable ones where if you took an Event Pokémon to an area it'd trigger something special. Keldeo would have the Swords of Justice gather around and give it a technique, Meloetta would be taught the song, and Genesect had the lab where you got the drives. It wasn't like Darkrai in DP, but at least it gave them some character.

Kalos was hit or miss with that. The three Events did have in-game events, but the way it worked was more similar to plot dumps as it was mostly an NPC interacting with you about a traits of theirs, so it wasn't as personal like it was with Keldeo or Shaymin, and the less said about the Alolan bunch the better.

My idea its clear anything its true until trailer shows something ¿you know what? i like pokemon but i feel tyred spell my ideas and speak something dont know and certain people have value information its good save this informations but i m very tyred specially today how people throw arguments and include me (sadly) about battle system about pp and everything like know something more than delevolpers and thats false everyone its free to feel wants express in here something but the level actually its very hight compared other thread i feel my mind be blown people wants knows something but the same time feels fear for dissapointing its like a romance i dont know maybe be crazy but i dont want with my future generations telling how play pokemon or how game freak its sucked because i m attached in medals or something because its not real the change in essence its the most great thing for person for videogames and the most old people complain for everything and practice of dlcs but the fandom need shows more tolerate for something i stay 7 generations i dont let down my time with pokemon for something like this its impossible change mind for people but people wants leave with pokemon definitely dont know how miss pokemon its huge and needs be huge even more and broke all beliefs all symbolic things because tomorrow its different than today rotomdex its clear eixample how its begin for something huge his space its limited but someday can have all entries in dex who knows as i said dont let your hopes dont let your dreams and dont let your essence of gamer i lost many sagas in road pokemon still alive and i recognize my mind its closed and i want be curious i dont need be child for feel small in huge world of pokemon anyone tells you and anyone critize you for play and watch anime from pokemon you like it and thats it good night everyone

TechSkylander1518 said:
They've also been giving contradictory information about how exactly the system will be changed. (Hope you don't mind a little copy+paste on my part-I had a similardiscussion with someone else)
I wasn't referring to sketchy leaks, though. While definitely unconfirmed, it's suspicious that lavandula, Desdar and TheMonster6893's sources have largely said the same things so far.

So apparently an actor called Yudai Chiba is gonna be on Pokenchi next Sunday (the 18th). I bet we get a movie trailer and I bet he plays Zeraora. So Even if Zeraora isn't in CoroCoro I bet we still get a trailer next week
who is he and where did you get that info from?

Seems fake, as well as trying to copy USUM wishlist /vp/ - >Only one version >New region >About 75 new Pokémo - Pokémon - 4chan

Seems fake, as well as trying to copy USUM wishlist /vp/ - >Only one version >New region >About 75 new Pokémo - Pokémon - 4chan

Seems legit at first but then when you read more into it, you realize it is more of a list of what somebody wants rather than what it is the truth. Yet another one to toss into the "Fakes" trash bin.

This might be a tad bit reaching, but did anybody notice how Plusle and Minun (other than Rayquaza) have become obtainable worldwide on Pokemon GO just recently? I just find it really strange thst they would choose those particular Pokemon, and when I heard about it my mind went directly to the Plus and Minus rumors we've heard about.

I hope they bring back in game events but it would be preferable to make them in game and not event only becaise then there is too much risk of missing a chance at them just because you didn’t have the game yet, or couldn’t get to where you neeeded, etc.

So basically, like the Deoxys in ORAS? It clearly was a parallel to the Birth Island Deoxys, coming out of the same weird triangular stone, with the same movement pattern of the stone prior to exposing Deoxys. But instead of giving us an event, they just made it available as part of the Delta Episode. An interesting twist for a mythical, and one of the better mythicals, in my opinion. I wouldn't be opposed to them doing this regularly, but maybe for only one mythical per game. So for a Sinnoh game, give us one of: Arceus or Darkrai (since those could be the most story-oriented legendaries), but not both, and not Shaymin and Manaphy also.

So basically, like the Deoxys in ORAS? It clearly was a parallel to the Birth Island Deoxys, coming out of the same weird triangular stone, with the same movement pattern of the stone prior to exposing Deoxys. But instead of giving us an event, they just made it available as part of the Delta Episode. An interesting twist for a mythical, and one of the better mythicals, in my opinion. I wouldn't be opposed to them doing this regularly, but maybe for only one mythical per game. So for a Sinnoh game, give us one of: Arceus or Darkrai (since those could be the most story-oriented legendaries), but not both, and not Shaymin and Manaphy also.
That’s a good example. Something like that. Like hide the items in bars to find places in the game to get you to explore every inch, talk to everyone and so on. Make the world more immersive.

Remember kids never say never. Haha things can happen when you least expect it

Attachments

• D2D91B7D-F455-4FCE-812F-20F006285967.jpeg
    D2D91B7D-F455-4FCE-812F-20F006285967.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 111
Leak season has been completely boring so far.

Really? Lol. I've found it to be the opposite so far. Stressful and anxiety provoking. Mainly due to the battle system changes leak as well as the Kanto Remake rumor (the latter of which @lavandula said is unlikely thankfully). I really don't want Game Freak to screw this game up. I don't want to be quitting a series that I have loved for over 20 years due to some battle system changes. I have loved Pokémon ever since I was 5 years old when Red and Blue first came to the United States and don't want it to fail. I hope that the leakers are just using Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament as a comparison because they've seen pictures or footage of the battle system for the Switch game and it looks like Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament from the images or video. I wouldn't mind a system that is in real-time, but with Pokémon elements that we know such as Types, Stats, Abilities, hold items, etc. Hey @TheMonster6893, has your source said if they have seen pictures or footage of the new battle system? I'm just curious as to why @lavandula and @Desdar300's sources compare it to Digimon World and Pokkén Tournament and I know that you said your source keeps in contact with both of them. I hope the battle system changes are original and not copied from those games. I really hope Game Freak is not that stupid. If they are, I will find Junichi Masuda and... not do nice things to him. :mad:

Last edited:

Gonna go into DP remake territory for a bit here, but that would be awesome. I think Arceus would be a good choice for that because of the direct ties it has with Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Really? Lol. I've found it to be the opposite so far. Stressful and anxiety provoking. Mainly due to the battle system changes leak as well as the Kanto Remake rumor (the latter of which @lavandula said is unlikely thankfully). I really don't want Game Freak to screw this game up. I don't want to be quitting a series that I have loved for over 20 years due to some battle system changes. I have loved Pokémon ever since I was 5 years old when Red and Blue first came to the United States and don't want it to fail. I hope that the leakers are just using Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament as a comparison because they've seen pictures or footage of the battle system for the Switch game and it looks like Digimon World or Pokkén Tournament from the images or video. I wouldn't mind a system that is in real-time, but with Pokémon elements that we know such as Types, Stats, Abilities, hold items, etc. Hey @TheMonster6893, has your source said if they have seen pictures or footage of the new battle system? I'm just curious as to why @lavandula and @Desdar300's sources compare it to Digimon World and Pokkén Tournament and I know that you said your source keeps in contact with both of them. I hope the battle system changes are original and not copied from those games. I really hope Game Freak is not that stupid. If they are, I will find Junichi Masuda and... not do nice things to him. :mad:

They haven't as far as I know. I think it's just what their informant has told them. Again I wouldn't worry too much. If I know GF the system will be unique and all their own while still being familiar to Pokemon fans in some capacity. Peeps are freaking out too much for no reason other than they hate the idea of change. Let;s see what it's like before judging it.

the leak season is being boring because all of them have unrealistic stuff that game freak will never change, like the insane battle system change rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom