• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds just like BW's release, specifically the Zorua/Zoroark events. Download Zeraora in USM -> Transfer it to Gen 8 -> Unlock something ingame.

They haven't done something like that in a long time. Personally, I feel that Event Pokémon have lost their touch in uniqueness for a while now because all they do nowadays is give them away over the Nintendo Network. For instance, in Generation 5, you had special events that took place in Unova for Zoroark, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect (I think that's all of them and Genesect's I believe went unused) which brought more depth to their lore.

(I think that's all of them and Genesect's I believe went unused)

Nah, you could do Genesect’s event. It’s the Lock Capsule event that went unusued, because they never distributed the Lock Capsule for HGSS (although it only unlocked the TM for Snarl, which was made regularly available in B2W2 anyway).

I swear to God I will eat my sneakers if Zeraora in fact does turn out to be a gen 8 Pokemon and is revealed in a Pokemon direct at the end of the month haha

Yeah but if they are going for an E3 reveal then we still have plenty of time before they need to reveal Zeraora. I know it wouldn't be the situation some people here are hoping for but we may have to wait until summer to know what Pokemon switch even is.

evolution
Sapphire->Ruby->Uranium (emerald cof) -> Diamond
and new versions for switch pokemon painite version and grandeirite
the last ones its sorted by value the minus sapphire and grandeirite the most thing

All of those sources have been talking about the battle system changing.
They've also been giving contradictory information about how exactly the system will be changed. (Hope you don't mind a little copy+paste on my part-I had a similar discussion with someone else)

The leaks have said that:
  • The games will have a time-travel gimmick and take place in a European region. The battle system is now real-time, like Pokken. ( /vp/ - You guys will probably ignore this information and - Pokémon - 4chan ) There are no new types.
  • There's a singular game, Pokemon Marble, in an old-timey region. Battle system remains turn-based, but some moves are removed "just because", you can't use items in battle, PP doesn't exist, and you're restored to full health after most battles. There will be an Air type and a Bird type.
  • Games take place in a "reimagining" of Kanto. Rainbow Rocket's story is continued, but there is no evil team. Battle system is full of changes-"You move around in real time, selecting one of four moves with the left joycon. Movement varies based on the Pokemon's size, speed, and the terrain. Speed works differently as it is now no longer based on the stature of the Pokemon. PP is now a stat and is sort of like an energy meter for your Pokemon letting you use moves as long as you have enough PP with Mega Evolution and Z-Moves draining a lot of PP. Also moves will have Cool downs now."
  • There's a singular game, Pokemon Indigo, taking place in the Indigo region. The story is a combination of the anime, games, and manga. (despite not specifying what manga's story, I might add) Mega Evolution is removed, but there's a new evolution mechanic with the joycons. Natures now change on their own randomly, but can be influenced by interactions and items. "There will be new mechanics improvements that will make Pokémon good". (direct quote, they didn't elaborate on this)
Obviously, they can't all be true. So that leaves us with two possibilities:
  • Somebody's leaking just the battle system change to a few people. They give varying amounts of detail, and sometimes even tell them contradicting statements. These people leak the information they've been given, but they also throw in a lot of other, false information.
  • People are making fake leaks to get attention, and a popular concept is a change to the battle system. Because they're all individual people coming up with their own ideas, the "leaks" they create about this all vary.
Not to say that the battle system couldn't be changed, of course-it's still very much a possibility. But the words of anons on 4chan aren't really a good indication of Game Freak's intentions.
Sounds just like BW's release, specifically the Zorua/Zoroark events. Download Zeraora in USM -> Transfer it to Gen 8 -> Unlock something ingame.
Zorua and Zoroark weren't downloaded in Gen 4, though-they had Pokemon from previous generations in. It could definitely be a possibility that Zeraora is used for something in Gen 8, but if this scenario was the case, it'd have at least partial function in USUM.
That’s kinda what I’ve been expecting as of late. It might explain why there is literally no mention of Zeraora or its relevant lore within USUM’s story text (unlike every other Mythical ever).

EDIT: Except marshadow. Which weakens my point, but I still think it’s a decent possibility.

I might be way off base, but doesn't that happen with other Mythicals, too? I don't recall any mention of Volcanion or Diancie in Gen 6 outside of their events, or of Shaymin in Gen 4. I was kinda under the impression that most Mythicals tended to get referenced when relevant to a group, like Arceus and the creation trio, or Darkrai and Cresselia.

So I have been doing some digging and looking through references and other things when it comes to development and I believe that it is very possible for the games to come in 2018 without the whole “Rushed Argument” and other things etc, etc...

Black And White: Likely started development early but an official announcement was made January 2010 saying “A new game is in development”. It wasn’t until 3 months later the titles where revealed and it came out September 2010 leaving 6 months until the localized games came out. As unlikely as it is, I believe it may be possible that the games literally started development late 2009 or January 2010. See my other points below...

X And Y: Ideas where sketched in 2010 after the release of Black/White. It wasn’t until 2011 France (so maybe they didn’t start 3D modeling the region until 2011) was scouted for information and the game released October 2013. An interesting but unrelated point (maybe) is that box legends usually take 6 months to a year to develop but the X and Y legends took 18 months. So Development took about 3 years but you have to keep in mind all they added to the game, 3D models for hundreds of Pokémon, Mega Evolution, a handful of new Pokémon, player customization, a full 3D world, Pokemon Amie, super training, and horde battles to name a few.

Sun And Moon: Evidence shows some elements of Sun and Moon where planned since X and Y (strange souvenir, palm tree), however according to an interview, Shigeru Ohmori who was the director of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, started development on Sun and Moon as soon as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire where finished so sometime in 2014. Now Sun and Moon where liked by a lot of people, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon even more so, but evidence shows that full on development didn’t start until 2014 As Shigeru Ohmori had heavy involvement in Sun/Moon, he basically controlled the whole project as we see his name in almost every interview regarding Sun and Moon. But it didn’t really start development (full on development, not jot notes) until 2014 and it came out in 2016 which is just a bit over 2 years of development. Adding on, supossedly Trials where added in last minute and Shigeru Ohmori had to add them in himself, even reusing old animations to make Trials so technically Sun/Moon where “rushed” but they turned out pretty good.

So if Generation 8 started development in November 2016 (with some ideas obviously being plotted out earlier), a November even December 2018 release is possible.

Also since Zeraora is likely in Movie 21 then what will they do in Movie 22? We would need new Mythicals but the only way we get new Mythicals is a new game unless Gamefreak throws a curveball and releases a new Mythical in a Kanto Remake or something like that.

Also there is the case of Wildcard Masada. What has he been doing since 2014? He gave over director responsibilities to Ohmori for Or/As And Sun/Moon so it is possible he will come back and if he does, then that means development on the 8th Generation could have started as early as 2014 which is already longer development time than X/Y. General ideas plotted out in 2014, Switch dev kots for experimentation along with researching in 2015, extra time for development in 2016 and 2017, 2018 release. Also there is a pattern that hasn’t changed so far which suggests less than 80 Pokemon in Generation 8 meaning they don’t need to put too much work into Pokémon designing

Also there are the rumors that suggest the Chinese translations for the story and Pokémon being finished. This implies that most of the game is done (story text and Pokémon names are a big part of the game) and all they need to do is polish things off, maybe add some features and translate some generic “game text”. Also there is the April/May translator Hiring’s to translate the game

Also official statements where 2018 or later and they wouldn’t have said that unless 2018 was in the cards.

Finally there is the whole “what game do you want to play in the next 12 months” servey in January and Pokémon was on it. And the whole let’s hype up Pokémon in 2018 tweet. They wouldn’t be hyping everything up unless something was coming in 2018

TL;DR It is very likely the game will come in 2018

I might be way off base, but doesn't that happen with other Mythicals, too? I don't recall any mention of Volcanion or Diancie in Gen 6 outside of their events, or of Shaymin in Gen 4. I was kinda under the impression that most Mythicals tended to get referenced when relevant to a group, like Arceus and the creation trio, or Darkrai and Cresselia.

I believe some NPCs mentioned going to the mountains to find some mysterious Pokémon and there may have been some other references to the 3 Mythicals

So apparently an actor called Yudai Chiba is gonna be on Pokenchi next Sunday (the 18th). I bet we get a movie trailer and I bet he plays Zeraora. So Even if Zeraora isn't in CoroCoro I bet we still get a trailer next week

That’s not quite what I’m referring to. What I’m talking about is how you can pull up the text dumps for HGSS or BW or XY and Ctrl+F “Arceus”, “Keldeo”, or “Diancie” and you will land on text from their in-game events in those games. You can even find the dialogue for receiving Magearna in the SM/USUM text, which just mentions that it was made 500 years ago, but that’s still something. Whereas there is absolutely no trace (aside from the obligatory Pokédex entries which have to be there) of Zeraora in USUM’s text whatsoever - although as I was corrected, such was also the case for Marshadow in SM’s text.

The strange souvenir wasn’t that big of a cliff hanger. It was just a hint about Alola. And in Alola it turned out to be nothing more than a cheap souvenir

That's why I brought it up. It was clearly hinting at possible locations for the next region, which turned out to be Alola. The reason I used it as an example is because it was an in-game hint as to what would be in the next Generation games.

Look man, if you don't like my suggestions because of their relation to Kanto then why not just come out and say it?

X And Y: Ideas where sketched in 2010 after the release of Black/White.

Just a point — according to Masuda, XY concept started in Summer 2010, a few months before Black and White actual release.
Can't find a source of this but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere; I think it was on one of Iwata Asks.

Just a point — according to Masuda, XY concept started in Summer 2010, a few months before Black and White actual release.
Can't find a source of this but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere; I think it was on one of Iwata Asks.

It was from Game Informer, though the original source link is dead

(Don’t mind me I just like sourcing things)

That’s not quite what I’m referring to. What I’m talking about is how you can pull up the text dumps for HGSS or BW or XY and Ctrl+F “Arceus”, “Keldeo”, or “Diancie” and you will land on text from their in-game events in those games. You can even find the dialogue for receiving Magearna in the SM/USUM text, which just mentions that it was made 500 years ago, but that’s still something. Whereas there is absolutely no trace (aside from the obligatory Pokédex entries which have to be there) of Zeraora in USUM’s text whatsoever - although as I was corrected, such was also the case for Marshadow in SM’s text.
Oh, wow, I never realized the absence was that big! Almost makes me hope Zeraora isn't a Gen 7 Pokemon-I'd hate for all three mythicals to have brief "pick up at the center" events. (Unless it's not being referred to by name in something, but that doesn't seem very likely to me)

One of our neighboring fandoms, the fire emblem fandom, had such a split some time ago. The Awakening moment (I still need to beat awakening now that I'm thinking about it) in this case both groups stayed in the fandom but are constantly at each other's throats. This is not an ideal situation, since one group want's one kind of game and the other group wants another and it's always going to be a victory for one or the other.
FE is more of an example of the creators paying attention. They fixed issues that had popped up in awakening and went back to the basics a little with Fates. If people are still fighting then that’s kind of ridiculous. But tk me they’re an example of paying attention.
I swear to God I will eat my sneakers if Zeraora in fact does turn out to be a gen 8 Pokemon and is revealed in a Pokemon direct at the end of the month haha

Make sure you record for us to see.

Oh, wow, I never realized the absence was that big! Almost makes me hope Zeraora isn't a Gen 7 Pokemon-I'd hate for all three mythicals to have brief "pick up at the center" events. (Unless it's not being referred to by name in something, but that doesn't seem very likely to me)

I went up and down those text files and didn’t find anything that seemed to even hint at it, directly or indirectly.

Even though I still think the Gen 8 transfer bonus idea is plausible, I did forget about Marshadow so on balance, I suppose it could just as easily be another instance of that - a loreless, promotional movie tie-in event. It seems kind of pointless, though - at least Marshadow’s Dex entries were worded somewhat mythically, and it came with an exclusive Z-Move. Zeraora’s entries are woefully banal, and it just has a comparatively dull exclusive move to its name. No Z-Moves, no form changes, no nothing.

They haven't done something like that in a long time. Personally, I feel that Event Pokémon have lost their touch in uniqueness for a while now because all they do nowadays is give them away over the Nintendo Network. For instance, in Generation 5, you had special events that took place in Unova for Zoroark, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Genesect (I think that's all of them and Genesect's I believe went unused) which brought more depth to their lore.

This is another thing I absolutely despise about new games, old games had cool events like Birth Island, Navel Rock in FRLG and Emerald, as well as Faraway Island in Emerald. RSE had Southern Island, which, granted, they gave us in ORAS, so that was a nice event to keep. You had the Darkrai event in the Sinnoh games, the event for Shaymin, the Manaphy egg from the Ranger games. The Arceus event in HGSS where you get to create one of the creation trio at level 1, and the shiny Pichu triggering the spiky-eared Pichu, and there was a Celebi time travel event in there too.

Of course the Unova games have Victini and Zoroark events, the GS Ball in Crystal VC, and that's about it? Did I cover it all?

I want them to bring back events in-game triggered by either key items or certain Pokemon, like the Aurora Ticket for Birth Island, or the shiny beasts for Zoroark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom