• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the opinion, it's the assumption. Nintendo listed the games as "2018 or later" at the end of January. So please tell me how this "a 2018 release was discarded in the moment that they didn't announce the game in January/early February imo" is possible in your opinion. Don't you think GF knew at the 31st of January if they would have made an announcement in January (litterally impossible)/early February or not? So why don't they simply put 2019, assuming they didn't lie to their own investors? Cause the games were not supposed to be announced in January/early February obiouvsly. The fact that the games were not announced in February means nothing. And this is like speculating on nothing.
The third and final mythical of Gen VII, Zeraora, has still not been properly revealed yet.

Then why was a game with man killed on screen via laser beam still rated E? Child or not death is death still.
That was only implied and never shown on screen. It's never stated in game whether Lysandre died or not. And, he's not a child, and child death tends to be treated differently than adult death.

Just a quick question, because I honestly haven’t been paying attention; do these merchandise leaks ever lead to anything? I can’t seem to remember the last time one panned out to something remarkable.

There have been times when movie merch points to stuff. One such time was in the run up to the Zoroark movie. There were a few hidden pieces of merch and 2 of them were Zorua and Zoroark.

It's not the opinion, it's the assumption. Nintendo listed the games as "2018 or later" at the end of January. So please tell me how this "a 2018 release was discarded in the moment that they didn't announce the game in January/early February imo" is possible in your opinion. Don't you think GF knew at the 31st of January if they would have made an announcement in January (litterally impossible)/early February or not? So why don't they simply put 2019, assuming they didn't lie to their own investors? Cause the games were not supposed to be announced in January/early February obiouvsly. The fact that the games were not announced in February means nothing. And this is like speculating on nothing.

I'm not speculating "on nothing", I'm speculating over the environment they're creating in the franchise (Legendary Year, Detective Pikachu, the possible new PMD, etc.). And yes, it's an opinion: I do not believe in a 2018 release anymore. But you don't have to agree with me.

Edit about your question: yes, I believe they could "lie" to investors.

That was only implied and never shown on screen. It's never stated in game whether Lysandre died or not. And, he's not a child, and child death tends to be treated differently than adult death.
You're seriously treating it like you'll see a kid get stabbed on screen. Sacrificing doesn't always include stabbing or something brutal as such. There are many child friendly ways to off a kid on screen. And besides I'm sure they'll write something that brings him back.

The third and final mythical of Gen VII, Zeraora, has still not been properly revealed yet.
The third and final mythical of Gen VII, Zeraora of which you should not know that is a mythical, a gen vII pokemon and that it's called Zeraora. It's not like they revealed it, you know? They could do whatever they want with it. Also it could be announced in April and Gen 8 in May for Christmas. Actually we knew nothing about s/m until May 2016. It could be the first cross-gen pokemon exactly like Solgaleo and Lunala became the first legends with a preevo and Diancie the first with a mega evolution. Nothing is or is not gonna happen just because of your assumptions.
"2018 or later" accept it.

"Edit about your question: yes, I do believe that they would "lie" to the investors." Then clearly you think GF is made by pokemon fans and not by people who want to make money.

And what about the marketing? Nobody announces a game and releases it 4 months later, that's not how it works
It did work for non-initial versions before ORAS. This is a different case, though, if only for the system.

I do think it's possible for the games to be revealed 6 months ahead of their release, since fans are already anticipating them anyway. But they could very well be revealed in May/June only to be released 9 months later in early 2019.

You're seriously treating it like you'll see a kid get stabbed on screen. Sacrificing doesn't always include stabbing or something brutal as such. There are many child friendly ways to off a kid on screen. And besides I'm sure they'll write something that brings him back.

Exactly.

Maybe it not requires the PC to decide the sacrifice or not. Maybe the rival him/herself decides and is it something like: Step in this Hole and you can deal with it. No death involved, but the child vanishes (And then they have a way to write him/her back as well and they can slightly alter his/hers personality based on certain events that happened in the hole world).

The third and final mythical of Gen VII, Zeraora of which you should not know that is a mythical, a gen vII pokemon and that it's called Zeraora. It's not like they revealed it, you know? They could do whatever they want with it. Also it could be announced in April and Gen 8 in May for Christmas. Actually we knew nothing about s/m until May 2016. It could be the first cross-gen pokemon exactly like Solgaleo and Lunala became the first legends with a preevo and Diancie the first with a mega evolution. Nothing is or is not gonna happen just because of your assumptions.
"2018 or later" accept it.

"Edit about your question: yes, I do believe that they would "lie" to the investors." Then clearly you think GF is made by pokemon fans and not by people who want to make money.
Why are you guys making all these ridiculous theories about Zeraora? It's Gen 7's final mythical and that is what it will most likely be. When it will be revealed is still up in the air.

And what about the marketing? Nobody announces a game and releases it 4 months later, that's not how it works

We literally just had USUM. And also there have been plenty of games that were announced ahead of time with no concrete info only to have a “gameplay trailer” in May or e3.

Time to start taking bets on what we think the Eevee could evolve into (if anything). I bet Dragon ends up the #1 guess lol.
Would be funny if eevee finally got a normal eeveelution lol

"Edit about your question: yes, I believe they could "lie" to the investors." Then clearly you think GF is made by pokemon fans and not by people who want to make money.

Now you're doing assumptions. I think otherwise.

The switch is selling well, even without the Pokémon game, so from a company's point of view, it does not make much sense to anticipate its launch. Changing the date to 2019 however, could cause a drop in sales.

Also, they are not "lying" to the investors, the release continues predicted to 2018 or later.

I really didn't believe that the new games could be called You and Me. But now that the movie is called "Everyone's Story", I'm starting to have doubts.Also I think the gen 8 pokemon in the movie is likely the new eeveelution.

Why are you guys making all these ridiculous theories about Zeraora? It's Gen 7's final mythical and that is what it will most likely be. When it will be revealed is still up in the air.

I think that they're saying that just because there is a precedent and we have some good guesses based on what has happened in the past, that doesn't mean that anything is absolutely settled yet. I think you are right and that Zeraora is most likely going to be the final mythical, but other people are having fun speculating different ideas and those ideas are not impossible, even if they seem unlikely.

I'm still not sure how "2018 or later" would be a lie to investors if the game comes out in 2019.....It's an open ended release period. they don't need to change it because there's no specific end time. If it was originally just 2018 then sure you could make the argument that it's definitely coming this year, but since it has the "or later" part tagged onto it that gives them more than enough room to release in 2019 without "lying" to anyone. I believe that they did in fact intend for a late 2018 release. That said delays do happen and if the battle system is as different compared to the current one as our rumors suggest it is that may be the reason. Only time will tell, but the more time we go without Zeraora and the later we get into the year without even just getting titles it's harder to see it making even December. I still think Spring 2019 is doable. And just as a counter argument to the whole "why would parents want to buy the game after spending $350 on the Switch in December?" argument I say this. Are these parents under the assumption that new games won't come out? If they're buying their kids a Switch then they should be prepared to spend more money in the future. It kind of goes without saying that new games will be released after they buy the system this year.

ON the topic of sacrifice have we considered that the actual sacrifice never goes through? the PM rumor only says that the evil team believes that doing said sacrifice will bring the legendary Pokemon forward. It doesn't say anything about them succeeding. Just food for thought.

I’m not disagreeing but people literally said the same thing about Arceus and AZ Floette. Sometimes plans change and GF loves to surprise people with the most unlikely situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom