• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be a bit confused as to what constitutes an "engine." An engine doesn't refer to a console, but how the game runs. For example, X and Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire share the same chibi-style characters and non-proportional buildings; Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon share the better-proportioned engine. The DS and 3DS eras featured two different engines in each. Obviously, the Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul SIlver engine isn't the same as the one for Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, evident from the fact that Black - White 2 use 3D models in the overworld far more, and how much livelier battles are from animated sprites. I just don't know about RBGY and GSC, but it doesn't matter, since they were intended to be all of the mainline games Pokemon ever produced.
Aaaah, my bad.

I still have to side with those who recognize and refer to a generation via new pokemon being added, though, as it's more easily recognizable and less obscure to me- the difference in graphics just felt more like a progressive stylistic choice. So while that may technically be a factor of what makes a generation, it is hard to deny that every new generation has started with the addition of new pokemon, and it's hard to imagine that changing. I mean, it certainly could... just doesn't seem like good marketing fodder if they don't.

"Today Tokyo is like going up to 15℃ ! Warm feel good! Let's work hard this week!" At Game Freak...

View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/973000290025680896

Something that I noticed is that lately Masuda has been talking often about temperature. I mean there are a lot of post of him talking about the climate and about degrees in particular.

I feel like he always talks about the weather. Has it really been that much more lately? I feel like it's just one of his usual greetings for the morning. Maybe he's been posting more about it and I haven't noticed due to it being so mundane? Anyway maybe the games have more weather focus?

I feel like he always talks about the weather. Has it really been that much more lately? I feel like it's just one of his usual greetings for the morning. Maybe he's been posting more about it and I haven't noticed due to it being so mundane? Anyway maybe the games have more weather focus?
Don't know. It may be related to GO and all the weather exclusive pokemon in late February. But it's about a month that I keep seeing stuff about him wanting to bath in the sun or waking up and feeling the warm in the air. Probably nothing.

I don't think that this means anything.

I know I get a lot of flak for being pessimistic, but you never think anything means anything. I genuinely want to know what you think is real and what means something. Because you make it pretty clear about the things you don't think are real. I'm not trying to be mean and rude or anything. I just genuinely want to know which rumors and whatnot you actually think have a chance at being real. Also yeah maybe this has no meaning I don't disagree with you that it might not.

If the titles have any remote hint of change or when starters get revealed, there will be a hate of a new level. Starters in the modern era of social media always get so much hate from fans lol

People will always complain about the games. That's nothing new. People were pissed I guess when BW came out and now many people look back on them fondly. (I know I do as they may be my favorite gen). Anyway as long as the game is Pokemon people will get used to any changes that happens. It's about execution rather than changes. If the changes are well done people will get over it.

Also yeah the tweet from Masuda is real, but the fact that the post pointing out the "dreams and hopes" is coming from that MEGA person screams they're full of it and they're just taking an innocent tweet to use for the clickbait.

You know what I'm honestly looking forward to the most? The memes. Even though the Pokemon fanbase can be pretty craptastic in a lot of stuff, the memes it comes up with are the best ones on the planet, second to Star Wars IMO.

You know what I'm honestly looking forward to the most? The memes. Even though the Pokemon fanbase can be pretty craptastic in a lot of stuff, the memes it comes up with are the best ones on the planet, second to Star Wars IMO.
Nothing that will be released for Pokemon in the future can compete with this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuqgZxrOeD4

Nothing. This is what the top looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom