• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Hunter x Hunter Mafia: Battle for Yorknew City! - Endgame: The Phantom Troupe Escapes! (Mafia Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1: A Gathering of Hunters and Thieves
Day 1: A Gathering of Hunters and Thieves

The various Hunters went about their business preparing for the Underground Auction set to begin that night, full of excitement and anticipation for the week ahead.

Unbeknownst to them, the famous group of thieves and outlaws known as the Phantom Troupe was gathering in an abandoned warehouse outside the city. The leader smiled as he watched the final member of his team of friends and fellow rogues arrive. Soon Yorknew City and its valuables would be under siege, and no one would be safe...

It is now Day 1. It will last for approximately 48 hours and end on April 6 at 10pm PDT (UCT-7).

Voting for the host is not safe.

Vote: Kharixi

Vote: Thanos

For voting me :D

Unvote: Thanos
Vote: Jinjo

Also for voting me :LOL:

Unvote: Jinjo
Vote: jdthebud

Tbh I still think it's a safe route. :whistle:

Vote: Kharix

I don't know why you are bring up the fact that we should vote for the host twice in less than 24 hours.

Vote: Kharix

I don't know why you are bring up the fact that we should vote for the host twice in less than 24 hours.
To be fair, we're still in a joke voting stage so it isn't at all scummy enough tojustify adding a third vote.
unvote: the kharix
vote: pikochu

Adding a third vote this early in a relatively inactive game is suspicious, and is often a tactic to cause a quick and easy mislynch coupled with the fact that taking joking seriuosly is never a good sign.

Adding a third vote this early in a relatively inactive game is suspicious, and is often a tactic to cause a quick and easy mislynch coupled with the fact that taking joking seriuosly is never a good sign.

Are you saying that scum would try to attract attention this early in the game with more than 24 hours left in the phase to try to get a mislynch? If scum wants a quick and easy mislynch in the RVS phase, they would have done it much later in the phase.

And what do you suggest then to get the conversation going for the game? Aside from joke voting? I was mainly being serious to get us out of the joke voting phase and actually get something done.

Oh and just thought.

I don't know why you're pretty much automatically labeling someone as "suspicious" for trying to go from joke voting to serious mode.

Piko has a point, there isn’t much use in trying to attrach attention in RVS when practically no decisions are made with serious intentions

Are you saying that scum would try to attract attention this early in the game with more than 24 hours left in the phase to try to get a mislynch? If scum wants a quick and easy mislynch in the RVS phase, they would have done it much later in the phase.

And what do you suggest then to get the conversation going for the game? Aside from joke voting? I was mainly being serious to get us out of the joke voting phase and actually get something done.

trying to get conversation going before even half the people in the game have actually started posting by questioning someone who's clearly joking around in a way that would not lead to any discussion? and why did that require another vote?

whether or not scum want a quick and easy mislynch, they definitely don't mind trying to appear to be contributing without actually contributing. what does making kharixi have to spell out that he's joking get done?

It has been done before mainly be noob or hopeful scum, and to be fair you could've planned to say that in anticipation of people calling you out for the 3rd vote aka wifom. Also, considering how inactive the game has been thus far I wouldn't be surprised if scum thought of taking advantage.
Oh and just thought.

I don't know why you're pretty much automatically labeling someone as "suspicious" for trying to go from joke voting to serious mode.
You are suspicious for adding a 3rd vote, and taking a joke seriously is never a good idea

Vote: jdthebud

Host voting is always a safe route, am I right? :p

You may want to see what happened in ASDF Movie Mafia.

You should know by now that the RVS is natural and lasts for more than a page. If only a handful of people have posted, you shouldn't try to make everyone serious because there's nothing serious to talk about yet. The only serious thing you have people discussing are whether you are scum, and I don't believe that was your intention.

trying to get conversation going before even half the people in the game have actually started posting by questioning someone who's clearly joking around in a way that would not lead to any discussion? and why did that require another vote?

whether or not scum want a quick and easy mislynch, they definitely don't mind trying to appear to be contributing without actually contributing. what does making kharixi have to spell out that he's joking get done?

I really like this post. Town points to you :)

I've got to admit, I have added a fourth vote onto a joke BW before to generate discussion (and it worked in that particular game), but that was still a joke vote and not serious. History tells me that Piko is just a paranoid townie, but instincts make me lean a little towards the scum side.

I see a potential pairing with Piko and Spoopster; not purely because Spoopster was defending them but it seems Spoopster just came around to say something small to help Piko and left, completely ignoring anything else. If I'm drawing at straws it could have been because Spoopster saw something in the scum chat from Piko saying they were under fire, or I could just completely be looking into it too much. Spoopster's post just puts me off a little bit, but I won't pursue them unless Piko turns up scum.

VOTE: Pikochu

I didn’t see much reason for complete conviction, nor did I seek to tie with Piko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom