• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen
Gen5 didnt have many differences. Only big one was Opelucid city
Gen 5 had the biggest differences of any game really in my opinion. Firstly, both games have different time settings, White being traditional and Black being futuristic. This is seen in Opelucid City, Black City/White Forest and finally Route 4 in BW2. In White 2, construction on route 4 is halted and buildings remain empty and sandy. In Black 2, the route's construction is completed.

Gen
Gen 5 had the biggest differences of any game really in my opinion. Firstly, both games have different time settings, White being traditional and Black being futuristic. This is seen in Opelucid City, Black City/White Forest and finally Route 4 in BW2. In White 2, construction on route 4 is halted and buildings remain empty and sandy. In Black 2, the route's construction is completed.
This kind of stuff is the right way to do 2 versions of a game. Honestly with the last couple gens focusing on different dimensions and timelines, they should have gone all out with this type of thing

it's more on the plot related aspects. Like what if in one version you get one half of the story and second half in the other? ~ JUST AN EXAMPLE DO NOT TAKE OUT OF CONTEXT ~ Think how Gen3 had two evil teams that each with their own unique story differences. Well. What if Gen8 does the same thing but this time we join a team depending on the version. And the story we experience changes depending on that? Two versions. One story
Gen 3 was cool in that regard, where the evil team and "good" team changed depending on version

Yeah. I want something like that for gen8. Especially if the Tradition vs. Innovation theme is correct. Say in one version we join Team Tradition (place holder name lol) and experience their side of the conflict/story and vice versa for the other?
Thatd be sweet. This and gen 3 show that even though these two teams had different ideals and points of view, they arent inherently evil per se, untill they go to the extreme of their ideology, like expanding the land at expense of the sea or expanding the sea at the expense of land.

I would love the two versions to be just more different. I mean, they can change the order and the pokemon of the gyms, the evil team plan, the city you start in, a couple of ve locations etc.
Sun and Moon did a good job with the time gap but it turned out to be just a time gap with nothing else relevant related to it.

I feel like I want too much. They won't do what I want them to do. They never did. The only thing I still like is the pokemon themselves.

I feel like I want too much. They won't do what I want them to do. They never did. The only thing I still like is the pokemon themselves.
I know what you mean. Pokemon has alot of potential as a video game, with the interesting lore and setting and the uniquness of a monster raising rpg these days. I fully enjoy all the gens, but i see that the series could be so much more than it is or has been. I am hoping the move to console starts bringing out this potential, as im sure the fact that its been a handheld series for the last 20 years has alot to do with this

We may not get new pokemon either XD

I think we're guaranteed to get some new pokemon, or least forms or something (like how ORAS added more megas)

Lets say hypothetically, the games are announced and it's not an 8th generation game, it'll still be what the team of vets have been working on while the other/younger staff did USUM (which deff started dev after sun/moon was complete). Once the switch game is out, there's no way gamefreak is getting another main series game out until at least 2020

If the switch game is a remake that doesn't add new pokemon or forms, then what are they going to promote for the next two years? This is why I can see generation 8 as the next switch games happening despite all the speculation otherwise.

Question. Where are some people getting the idea that the Switch game wont have new Pokemon?
A lot of rumors in the past months:

- The Chinese leaker saying the games will be a reboot and not gen 8.
- The death of the flying eeveelution possibility and Paul Ryan stating that the marchandise for the summer does not include any new mystery at the moment but just Kanto and Johto stuff.
- The new movie not featuring any new pokemon apart from Zeraora while all the other port movies had at least one new pokemon from the next generation.
- All the pokemon Webmasters openly taking distance from the possibility that the games will be gen 8 for sure.

I mean, nothing is confirmed yet but I think it's better to start accepting that the possibility of a reebot with no new pokemon may be real.

Personally I dont believe the Kanto remakes rumor if thats what you are talking about...

I think you rather don't want to believe in that rumor. One doesn't close their mind for nothing. Given that you haven't summed up your arguments as to why you don't believe in it I'm assuming it's due to personal preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom