• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will not see Kanto or Sinnoh or a new region this year.

This has to be a gap year.

I think we will not see Kanto or Sinnoh or a new region this year.

This has to be a gap year.

It will not be a gap year, not will all these leakers and credible people telling us the games will come out later this year. 2019 might be a gap year. I'm leaning towards this first Switch game being the last 7th generation game and in 2020 we will finally get the first 8th generation game

It will not be a gap year, not will all these leakers and credible people telling us the games will come out later this year. 2019 might be a gap year. I'm leaning towards this first Switch game being the last 7th generation game and in 2020 we will finally get the first 8th generation game
Why do you think that? They would never split a generation onto two different consoles.

Why do you think that? They would never split a generation onto two different consoles.

They would have never done a lot of things, but they did. Pokémon is losing that predictability that we were used to.

They would never release new Pokemon mid-generation. They'd never drop/skip a 3rd version. They'd never introduce one Eevelution by itself. They'd never release two generations on one console.

Gamefreak doesn't seem to adhere to these traditions that people have seemed to think they do. While I don't think they would do that either, there's no reason to dismiss the possibility.

calling zeraora global trailer in a hour, bit before the movie trailer.

According to the "patterns" I mentioned earlier, there are only 3 possible gap years. 2017, 2019, or 2022. And we know 2017 was not a gap year.

A gap year would be odd. There is usually something else Pokemon related that comes out during a gap year and there has been no hits of that. Plus we do have credible sources saying a new game this year. But I guess on the bright side if it is a gap year this year we can throw a bunch of these sorces off the credible list.

They would have never done a lot of things, but they did. Pokémon is losing that predictability that we were used to.
They would never release new Pokemon mid-generation. They'd never drop/skip a 3rd version. They'd never introduce one Eevelution by itself. They'd never release two generations on one console.

Gamefreak doesn't seem to adhere to these traditions that people have seemed to think they do. While I don't think they would do that either, there's no reason to dismiss the possibility.

Doesn't mean that they would throw all common sense out the window. They would be unable to directly communicate with each other if this is the case, defying the definition of a generation.

Doesn't mean that they would throw all common sense out the window.
How would that be throwing common sense out the window?
They would be unable to directly communicate with each other if this is the case, defying the definition of a generation.
What is the definition of a Generation? Last I heard New Pokemon = New Generation but things changed in US/UM. Things are changing and gamefreak can do whatever they want. And with Poke Bank, it doesn't matter anymore. I believe Poke Bank is the future.

Doesn't mean that they would throw all common sense out the window. They would be unable to directly communicate with each other if this is the case, defying the definition of a generation.
They would tho.Monster Hunter XX for example can.

You have Pokémon Bank to trade Pokémon from the previous games, and like has been said before, Game Freak has already broke the definition of a generation by introducing new Pokémon that can't be used when battling online or trading because they were only introduced in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

??????????? *and 100 more*

If you can have a DS communicate with a Wii, you can have a 3DS communicate with a Nintendo Switch.

Sorry, I was missing out on stuff for the past week. Wasn't there a movie trailer announced?

You have Pokémon Bank to trade Pokémon from the previous games, and like has been said before, Game Freak has already broke the definition of a generation by introducing new Pokémon that can't be used when battling online or trading because they were only introduced in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

They did this with Gen VI and Hoenn Megas, too. It's an interesting choice since it would be pretty easy to patch things in these days. I guess the conflict is someone not having an internet connection and trying to battle locally. Although I don't know if you can battle locally since I've only traded between a 3DS locally. They could just have the patch as part of Ultra Sun and Moon to get around it. Truthfully, it's likely to incentivize getting a new copy. Oh well. I do think having the same gen on multiple consoles would be weird, but considering Stars was accepted as a potential real game, it shouldn't be a surprise if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom