• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what GF does with every good thing they introduce in a couple of games, right? They just get rid of it in the next couple of games...

I doubt alternate dimensions is one of them. This concept has been building up since ORAS (and arguably DP if we count Distortion World):

Generation 4 (Distortion World)
> Generation 5 (I think this concept took a break here. I don’t know much about these games)
> Generation 6 (existence of Multiverse expanded on. Existence of a region’s Mega and non Mega variations implied with ORAS)
> SM (Ultra Space introduced)
> USUM (revealed the existence of a world where the villains won, and the fact that people live in Ultra Space. Also some teasing in Guzzlord's Space about a destroyed city. If there were any questions before, 'Megaverse' Kanto is also very likely, if not confirmed to exist since Giovanni uses a Mega Mewtwo).

The concept of alternate universes is ingrained in the franchise, with each version being subtly different from the other (Red/Blue, Gold/Silver etc.), and is being expanded with each instalment.

I doubt alternate dimensions is one of them. This concept has been building up since ORAS (and arguably DP if we count Distortion World):

Generation 4 (Distortion World)
> Generation 5 (I think this concept took a break here. I don’t know much about these games)
> Generation 6 (existence of Multiverse expanded on. Existence of a region’s Mega and non Mega variations confirmed with ORAS)
> SM (Ultra Space introduced)
> USUM (revealed the existence of a world where the villains won, and the fact that people live in Ultra Space. Also some teasing in Guzzlord's Space about a destroyed city)

The concept of alternate universes is ingrained in the franchise, with each version being subtly different from the other (Red/Blue, Gold/Silver etc.), and is being expanded with each instalment.
With black and white it's kinda teased with that last city with the dragon gym, I forget where but there was some mention of the idea of that city looking different or something. With gen 6 yeah oras really started it, but XY had no mention I can think of. Oras also Introduced a faller with looker.

With black and white it's kinda teased with that last city with the dragon gym, I forget where but there was some mention of the idea of that city looking different or something. With gen 6 yeah oras really started it, but XY had no mention I can think of. Oras also Introduced a faller with looker.

Do you mean Opelucid? In Opelucid City you can meet a man and his son, in White (Old style Opelucid) you can help him contact his Son in the future who is all grown up, while in Black (Futuristic style Opelucid) you can help the Son contact his younger Father from the past, if my memory serves me correctly, which requires a Pokémon from the opposite version that knows Charge, apparently they request a Pokémon from another world in their Dialogue if what I can find online is true.

At the very least they can't forget this interdemsional criminal organization, that's something big you don't just forget.
I was not talking about multiverse, I was actually talking about RR. I don't think we will see them again. I feel like the episode was just a sort of celebration of 20 years of pokemon villains, it was meant to close a chapter imo not to start another one. I'm not expecting to see them back in the future.

Apparently TPCi is still promoting USUM. Isn't it a bit weird if they are going to announce two new games soon?

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/987380210915053569

Last edited:
I was not talking about multiverse, I was actually talking about RR. I don't think we will see them again. I feel like the episode was just a sort of celebration of 20 years of pokemon villains, it was meant to close a chapter imo not to start another one. I'm not expecting to see them back in the future.

Apparently TPCi is still promoting USUM. Isn't it a bit weird if they are going to announce two new games soon?

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/987380210915053569

Unless we are getting Alola again.

It'd be weird if they just stopped promoting USUM without a good reason. Why would they not promote it when there hasn't even been a new game announcement yet anyway? Always remember that TPC/GF will always promote in the moment. They never promote to our expectations. That's why they never acknowledge leaks and datamines because that's not what they want to focus on. Right now only USUM is what they want to push. Until an actual new game gets announced USUM is what they'll focus on.

I kinda wonder if this remake loop isn't turning into something- like the reason for the seemingly looming likelihood of a return to Kanto. We've hit the point where remakes are starting to double up, so I want to say that combining them all into one game (one DLC at a time) almost makes the most sense but... does it? This is a weird point in time, no wonder everything seems to be going turvy.

Yes! It is interesting that the person related to Ubisoft seems to have lightly debunked the idea of the game being about Kanto, because it does feel like it would be a really good idea!

I think part of that is another loop, which is that the Gen 5, 6, and 7 regions have been more self-specific/exaggerated compared to the previous four. I feel that people are excited for the chance of a more balanced, simple region!

I feel that people are excited for the chance of a more balanced, simple region!

I personally prefer regions to have their own individuality.
Alola has been great in this aspect with the trials, and their culture.

It reflects the real world where different countries have different cultures, and I’d like to see what gamefreak can do with various cultures.
(And I’m not sure what you mean by ‘balanced’ there. No region has been ‘unbalanced’ imo...)

Yes! It is interesting that the person related to Ubisoft seems to have lightly debunked the idea of the game being about Kanto, because it does feel like it would be a really good idea!

I think part of that is another loop, which is that the Gen 5, 6, and 7 regions have been more self-specific/exaggerated compared to the previous four. I feel that people are excited for the chance of a more balanced, simple region!

defff agreed. I didn't mind Unova as it while it was super urban, it still reminded me of the first 4 regions in term of layout/design, but Kalos and Alola constantly shove their culture down your throats every chance they get. It's possible to give a region character without blatantly forcing it on the player. Johto felt really cultured while being subtle. I wish future regions would return to that, but I doubt it

I don't think that the Giovanni cliffhanger is meaningless, but it's clear that the world he's from is irrelevant (he is looking for another one) and the other leaders have served their purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom