• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again that's fine got FE, Smash and Octopath Traveler to hold me over till then. I do expect a reveal of SOMETHING Pokemon Switch related though when? up to GF

What I want to know now is how muach time will be used on the presentation this year...
I want at least 45 min long

I love how we had a break year for sm and it still came out rushed (last minute trails) which is probably why they released usum because they wanted to correct spots they'd rushed over. Which fine and all but USUM still lacks a bit too, but at least they added a mini game in the ultra space and mantine surf both of which I love.

So even if this is a break year no garuntee it'll be good.

And if a game does come out this year don't expct one in 2019 or hell maybe even 2020 either.

A 2019 release won't bother me if GF put a lot of effort into the games. If Pokemon Switch releases in 2019 yet the games feel rushed and/or off and/or not fleshed out, GF's reputation will be harmed by quite a lot.

If Nintendo only wants to only show games at E3 coming out in 2018, then we have to get a Pokemon Switch reveal before E3, since a date announcement and titles alone aren't enough then, they need to show something as well.

If Nintendo only wants to only show games at E3 coming out in 2018, then we have to get a Pokemon Switch reveal before E3, since a date announcement and titles alone aren't enough then, they need to show something as well.
nintendo e3 live show.
"here is the new pokemon for switch game" - unveils gameplay, and release date- "Also the demo for the game is avaible now."

Hey guys,

I know Mega XY is full of shit, but maybe he hit a point here unwillingly or who knows maybe he knows at least something as little as it maybe and extends that all with his made up points. But here is something i spotted, which may indicate something:

Mega posted a tweet, where he points out there will be two totally different versions one with kanto and one with a new region.
I know he uses plus/minus, which are confirmed to be fake, but maybe he is still right with the two versions thing. At the beginning of his tweet he wrote Make your Story, and a few hours later the ubi guy posted a tweet with no clear reference: Make your story ! - What a beautiful sentence :3

Maybe he is hinting at the tweet of Mega, and he didn‘t make a direct reference, like retweeting his post, as that would point exactly to it, but he may be throwing out a hint here. So what do you guys think? I personally don‘t think pokemon would ever do this, but who knows.

Oh another thing that catched my eye is, the tweet of Pokemon on earth day with the globus showing the continent of africa it seems and in another forum for pokemon switch i saw someone posting a pic of protagonists room from sun/moon with the globe in the background, which shows a continent resembling kind of africa. Another indication to. That is the patent of the pokemon card thing, where a lion is pictured. So this all may be hints towards the new region being a place like africa. Just thoughts i made, what is your opinion on all that?

Attachments

• CC2C95B0-E91B-4459-9ACD-E32387020669.png
    CC2C95B0-E91B-4459-9ACD-E32387020669.png
    509.8 KB · Views: 72
  • CB237F8B-4801-46D2-A3FF-F5720CB32987.png
    CB237F8B-4801-46D2-A3FF-F5720CB32987.png
    724.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 78F0ECE4-1FE2-4C31-8D8B-E5E22B6DE474.jpeg
    78F0ECE4-1FE2-4C31-8D8B-E5E22B6DE474.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 56
  • AA92FD7E-2A4E-4A9B-BFF6-7A13EFF845CB.jpeg
    AA92FD7E-2A4E-4A9B-BFF6-7A13EFF845CB.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 61E424F5-CE95-447D-BD77-184ED65DD004.jpeg
    61E424F5-CE95-447D-BD77-184ED65DD004.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 13438726-069B-4388-A8BF-C2906EB5B46F.jpeg
    13438726-069B-4388-A8BF-C2906EB5B46F.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 56
Hey guys,

I know Mega XY is full of shit, but maybe he hit a point here unwillingly or who knows maybe he knows at least something as little as it maybe and extends that all with his made up points. But here is something i spotted, which may indicate something:

Mega posted a tweet, where he points out there will be two totally different versions one with kanto and one with a new region.
I know he uses plus/minus, which are confirmed to be fake, but maybe he is still right with the two versions thing. At the beginning of his tweet he wrote Make your Story, and a few hours later the ubi guy posted a tweet with no clear reference: Make your story ! - What a beautiful sentence :3

Maybe he is hinting at the tweet of Mega, and he didn‘t make a direct reference, like retweeting his post, as that would point exactly to it, but he may be throwing out a hint here. So what do you guys think? I personally don‘t think pokemon would ever do this, but who knows.

Oh another thing that catched my eye is, the tweet of Pokemon on earth day with the globus showing the continent of africa it seems and in another forum for pokemon switch i saw someone posting a pic of protagonists room from sun/moon with the globe in the background, which shows a continent resembling kind of africa. Another indication to. That is the patent of the pokemon card thing, where a lion is pictured. So this all may be hints towards the new region being a place like africa. Just thoughts i made, what is your opinion on all that?
I don't think that they would make the 2 versions two completely different games. It makes no sense.

I don't think that they would make the 2 versions two completely different games. It makes no sense.

I know i thought that too, but maybe sales wise it could be a thing. I‘m not sure how it actually is, but aren‘t the most people always buying just one version of pokemon, just one version selling more than the other. But if they actually made two versions, the sales could eventually be even bigger, if people would buy one after another. And just think about it many people are buying usum even with just minor changes. And if gamefreak actually follows the path of nintendo with mario and zelda breaking traditions. Maybe, how unlikely it even seems, the possibility could be there. I too still don‘t think it‘s the case, but how great would that be.

Oh another thing that catched my eye is, the tweet of Pokemon on earth day with the globus showing the continent of africa it seems
Can someone show me how the tweet shows Africa? It doesn’t scream Africa to me... if anything, it seems strikingly like India to me... (maybe seeing the map for years has done that to me.)
upload_2018-4-27_17-35-44.jpeg

upload_2018-4-27_17-36-29.jpeg
upload_2018-4-27_17-37-47.jpeg

I can make out India's border, and Himalayas on GameFreak's tweet, and I cannot see Africa there at all. But there's an unnatural amount of whiteness there to be India, I think.

It definitely doesn’t look like Africa to me. I'd love to have one of you clear it up!

Hey guys,

I'm not gonna lie; the idea of one version being a Kanto revisit/reboot and the other version being a brand-new region did cross my mind yesterday.

I can make out India's border, and Himalayas on GameFreak's tweet, and I cannot see Africa there at all. But there's an unnatural amount of whiteness there to be India, I think.

It definitely doesn’t look like Africa to me. I'd love to have one of you clear it up!

Do you mean…clouds?

I can confirm that is India.
IMG_6539.GIF

"Make Your Story" is from this 20th anniversary video for the Pokemon Center in Japan; so it is something official thankfully!!

View: https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/989111107859038209

Ooh ok thanks for claryfing. I think the ubi dude, if he is not just trolling, is still hinting towards something, i don‘t think he just meant these posts. Maybe another explanation i thought could be, that the new games aren‘t that linear anymore and you decide where to go first and next, and so kind of make your own story, i am not speaking of open world here. I think we are still a long way away from open world in pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom