• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wishlist Mafia - Endgame (Overrun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on the thread right now, since you went ahead and claimed Feenie, do you know for sure if dragon/demon/god figure are the mafia in this game?

Unvote: Feenie

EDIT: NEVERMIND, so you are the flying pumpkin who shoots lasers out of its ass. (This is an actual role in mafia)

Looking back on it, that was probably bad wording on my part, you weren't being avoidant I just think you were being unnecessarily harsh. I also did not like how you were so dismissing of Nightwing's questions. Just because you may have deemed them irrleevant or pointless, she obviously asked them for a reason. Although I'll give you credit for at least acknowledging them.

How was I being unnecessarily harsh? I asked Max why he didn't just answer Feenie's questions anyway, I didn't vote him, he replied to me while not giving me an answer (making it the second time he chose to not answer both), then I voted him. I think that should be fair? I also didn't completely dismiss Nightwing's questions. I first asked him what he was trying to achieve by asking somebody why they talked in the third person.

Nice to hear you have great expectations of me, lol.

expecting more =/= great expectations ;)

The lone post by Jinjo. She thought maybe she was killed because her thoughts were good...but I'm not seeing much here to build on, unfortunately. It rambles on and on and I the only real reads shes has are town reads...not very useful I think.

Could have been a kill chosen to try to kill a strong PR, which Jinjo was being the Cop.

I also feel as though at least one scum is chosing to be inactive. Is it usual for Scum to sometimes be inactive? Is it a sort of strategic play? Is there more chance that Mafia would be active to try and control the game?

Depends on the players, but usually it is worth going for inactives because if they're Town, they're going to need to compete with active Mafia to try to out-Town them so they don't get mislynched and lynch the active Mafia instead.

@Renato_Sinclair I know you're new to the game and I highly doubt that in a player's FIRST ever game they'd be given the scum role. I believe Renato to be town so far based of this.

@Renato_Sinclair What do you think about Nightwing101 saying you are Town out of the blue?

This... seems really random reasoning, but I don't see the scum motivation in randomly calling somebody Town based on that unless you're scum partners. I mean, what does the first game have to do with it? If say, I got Mafia last game, why does it not me most likely to be Town in the next? Just because it wasn't the first?

and Swarla are giving me overall town vibes thus far. The fact that Seth tried to somewhat defend Max and was the only person (out of four votes) to not vote for Max PLUS they have been one of the most active players so far, leads me to believe they're town at htis point. Swarla as well has been very active and has some good points, so i don't think she is scum at this point either.

I don't know so much about Swarla, she's been neutral to me. I don't think she has even voted for anyone yet.

--------------

I'm not feeling it that Feenie is Mafia, I don't think her reasoning on Max was suspicious (but i had roughly, if not, the same reasoning, so), and I like how she outed her claim so quickly. @Feenie, just wondering, can you use your role twice in one phase, like, have two targets? Are all demons/fiends/whatever Mafia.

I like jdthebud's posts and contributions so I'm glad he got to talk.

UNVOTE: jdthebud

I'm honestly not sure on who to even vote... I don't have reasoning to be confident with a lynch, the game is just that inactive and there haven't been that many votes thrown around.

@Renato_Sinclair you too Renato, it would be really helpful if you posted your reads here. Who do you think is town? Who do you think is mafia?

@CheffOfGames can I get your thoughts on what has been happening recently ?

Well, my morning reading is done finally lol.

I'm a Modified Pumpkin and I can choose to kill someone each night. It has a 25% chance of working. It has a 100% chance of working, however, if that person is a dragon/demon/god figure.
Okay, so this is a pretty bold claim. So if you're telling the truth it means that you are most definitely town yes? Can this role sometimes be a Mafia based one or is it solely a town role?
Regardless, it is brave claiming so early thus you seem more 'towny' now. The day still has just over 24 hours yes?

@Renato_Sinclair What do you think about Nightwing101 saying you are Town out of the blue?

This... seems really random reasoning, but I don't see the scum motivation in randomly calling somebody Town based on that unless you're scum partners. I mean, what does the first game have to do with it? If say, I got Mafia last game, why does it not me most likely to be Town in the next? Just because it wasn't the first?

Hey as i have already told you, im pretty new to this and so i have mainly been just reading through the messages thus far. About Nightwing101 claiming i am town i think it may be because of my inexperience or something. In all honesty i'm not to sure why she is defending me. I appreciate the help but i should be fine.

@Renato_Sinclair you too Renato, it would be really helpful if you posted your reads here. Who do you think is town? Who do you think is mafia?

At the moment im not really getting any strong vibes from anyone as there is so much back and forth, im not sure what i should be picking up in regards to hints that someone is in the mafia.

Okay, so this is a pretty bold claim. So if you're telling the truth it means that you are most definitely town yes? Can this role sometimes be a Mafia based one or is it solely a town role?
Regardless, it is brave claiming so early thus you seem more 'towny' now. The day still has just over 24 hours yes?

Very rarely. I think I’ve seen it once and I believe the game had a town one as well. It’s highly doubtful she’s lying, especially with outing all the mafia alignment names. There would be no point in mafia giving more information like that about themselves.
At the moment im not really getting any strong vibes from anyone as there is so much back and forth, im not sure what i should be picking up in regards to hints that someone is in the mafia.
It doesn’t just have to be thoughts on players in gerneral. You can make comments on posts, and ask for elaboration or their thoughts or stuff like that. Little things until you get used to it.

Now I’m going to try to do some wall posting till this bus gets here.

Victim #1 jdthebud (love ya)

Huh?

Huh?

:p
Huh?
The lone post by Jinjo. She thought maybe she was killed because her thoughts were good...but I'm not seeing much here to build on, unfortunately. It rambles on and on and I the only real reads shes has are town reads...not very useful I think.

Now a focus on the votes for Max:
Agreed! Honestly if she’s wasn’t dead I would probably put some concentration on that post of hers. But yeah probably just random.
HD votes Max for what he sees as avoidance, a classic scum tell. I don't see any problem here at all, especially since I see it more as a pressure vote than anything else.
Likewise. I like this. Points out the hidden obvious.
The response from Max seems a bit defensive to me, and I understand why HD didn't unvote Max here, especially after the retaliatory vote from Max.
Agreed.
Mido's vote here is also understandable, I actually get why Max was lynched. If I had been around I probably would have voted for him too.

Mido, don't get your view that Max seemed buddy buddy with Cheff. I don't really see that, where'd that come from?
I answered this but I’ll reiterate.

Cheff did soemthong weird and unique and max tried to make it out to less. He seemed to be grasping at straws and to a point ignoring what we said when defending Cheff.

And points for asking soemthong.
I don't get why you though Max was independent? Also, what's your take on Feenie now? I see you are voting for her, what's the reason?
Solid questions.
There's plenty to say I think. Why was Max the most worthy? Avoiding the question seems to be a common theme in this game....

I think Feenie is the most suspicious right now.

[Vote] Feenie
Feenie pointed out how this contradicts earlier parts of his post, and I agree. But more than that I don’t like how there doesn’t seem to be a reason for his vote. It’s really looks like an aim for a mislynch.
that's good, asking questions helps with generating reads.
That’s nice this post does nothing. :)
Overall, inactivity benefits the mafia team, since then the town can't coordinate as well, and/or mafia can lead mislynches with less opposition. More activity is usually helpful for generating reads and can really help the town detect mafia, especially later in the game when more alignments are known. So lurking is a strategy that scum players do use, which is why as town we need to proactive about drawing players into the game.
Informative.
That's not a good reason to townread someone since alignments are randomly generated. In the case of a new player joining a scum team, they would have some help form their teammates. I do think his first post shows he is a confused townie, but it's hard to say with any conviction.
Agreed

Agreed, especially on Seth. He's giving off the most townie vibes to me, though it's mostly because the questions and comments he's posting show a focus on scumhunting. Swarla I'm less convinced of, especially since they haven't voted for anybody so far, but her posts come across as genuine conversation, which I like.
I don’t like the lack of conviction on Swarla. The comment on her just feels strange, and forced.
My question was because I understood HD and Mido's reasons for voting him, but not yours. I didn't see you explicitly say why you thought Max was most worthy, so I wanted to get y

My question was because I understood HD and Mido's reasons for voting him, but not yours. I didn't see you explicitly say why you thought Max was most worthy, so I wanted to get your reason for voting for Max.
Yes I quoted it twice. It’s hard on phone and too annoying to delete.

Why wasn’t this explained in the post that voted her?
That's a very interesting role claim. If you are mafia you're being very creative. I'll believe it for now though since I doubt scum would come up with a fake claim as specific as this.

If you are town, then who are you suspicious of right now?

[Unvote] Feenie

Why’s it creative? It’s actually common at this point. And since you’re not voting Feenie, why not vote another? If you’re town, who are you suspicious of? Why do you think mafia can’t come up with such a claim?

@Seth Rollins You’re avatar is annoying me. I keep thinking you’re MCH :p

Elementar-I keep thinking you’re a player because you have as many posts as the players.

Oh btw: whoever roleblocked me, love you too! Feel free to give me the love again tonight I don’t mind :)

Especially if you’re mafia ;)

Now I have to survive a bumpy bus ride. More tomorrow or tonight if you’re lucky.

Victim #1 jdthebud (love ya)
you too :) Hope all goes well with your mom.

Feenie pointed out how this contradicts earlier parts of his post, and I agree. But more than that I don’t like how there doesn’t seem to be a reason for his vote. It’s really looks like an aim for a mislynch.
My question to Feenie had nothing to do with the earlier part of my post, it was trying to understand her reasons more clearly. And how is it trying for a mislynch, if IIRC it was only the second vote on her? Pressure gets people to explain things.
I don’t like the lack of conviction on Swarla. The comment on her just feels strange, and forced.
Why do you think it's forced? I was just comparing my reads to Nightwing's.
Why wasn’t this explained in the post that voted her?
Because I thought the original question to Feenie (why the vote for Max) was pretty straightforward.
Why’s it creative? It’s actually common at this point. And since you’re not voting Feenie, why not vote another? If you’re town, who are you suspicious of? Why do you think mafia can’t come up with such a claim?
Creative as in making up a custom modfied version of the role. I've not seen a pumpkin quite like that before. And I'm not ruling out a mafia fakeclaim completely, but generally I don't expect that level of detail (i.e. the god/dragon/demon part) from a mafia fakeclaim, especially this early on.

Right now I'm not sure who's mafia, but here's a vote for someone I think is trying to say as little as possible.

No nothing really stuck out to me as mafia behaviour.

[Vote] Officer Snake

How was I being unnecessarily harsh? I asked Max why he didn't just answer Feenie's questions anyway, I didn't vote him, he replied to me while not giving me an answer (making it the second time he chose to not answer both), then I voted him. I think that should be fair? I also didn't completely dismiss Nightwing's questions. I first asked him what he was trying to achieve by asking somebody why they talked in the third person.
Okay it does seem fair when you put it that way, Max was being unnecessarily avoidant and you rightfully questioned that.
'so dismissing' and completely dismissing doesn't mean the same thing, I was just saying that although you acknowledged them (which I gave you credit for) you didn't actually answer their questions either.
Also Nightwing's a she :)

Oh btw: whoever roleblocked me, love you too! Feel free to give me the love again tonight I don’t mind :)
Does role blocker tend to be more a mafia or town ability?

I really don't like this. I don't usually like to use meta but I've played with you before and you were able to give reads and stuff. so you don't have the same excuse a Renato for not having anything to say as they do because theyre just starting and don't actually know what theyre looking for in mafia. surely you have something to comment on even if only a question or anything. Everyone else seems fairly neutral to me right now but your avoidance to say something seems really scummy. Sorry that was kinda clumsy and might not make sense but I'm rushing right now.

Last edited:
You're seeming aviodant right now, and you're an experienced player yes? Surely you have a few thoughts, even if they're on who you think is town. It doesn't have to be just who you think mafia is.

Creative as in making up a custom modfied version of the role. I've not seen a pumpkin quite like that before.
The only thing different from normal is she didn’t mention taking aim. It just seems like she doesn’t have to take aim to 100% mafia.
Does role blocker tend to be more a mafia or town ability?

At this point pretty neutral. Generally if town has one mafia will. In an noc game like this though, it’s more of a hindrance to town since it’s more difficult to get information to properly use it, and if they use I recklessly, they risk hitting roles like cop and doc.

I believe Mido when she says that someone roleblocked her. Tbh I’m glad to know that I’m getting more towny vibes from my 3 original suspects. (HD Feenie and Midorikawa) especially Feenie. Of course this doesn’t mean they’re 100% town, but it’s nice anyway

@Midorikawa but...I like my avatar tho :c

That being said I’m completely out of leads to be honest. Renato at least tried to make a post, but nothing came out of it. Officer Snake a man of few words.

Many people have said that they like jd’s recent posts. I can’t say I do. He asked me why I voted for Feenie, even tho I explained that part, and then he himself proceeds to vote for her with no explanation. Apparently it was a “pressure vote” even though you said you found her the most suspicious. Then he votes Officer Snake. I don’t much of a problem with this but Officer Snake is unreadable and if he’s town he’s an easy target for mafia to pick on.

Last edited:
I really don't like this. I don't usually like to use meta but I've played with you before and you were able to give reads and stuff. so you don't have the same excuse a Renato for not having anything to say as they do because theyre just starting and don't actually know what theyre looking for in mafia. surely you have something to comment on even if only a question or anything. Everyone else seems fairly neutral to me right now but your avoidance to say something seems really scummy. Sorry that was kinda clumsy and might not make sense but I'm rushing right now.

I also played with him before when he was a pretty much confirmed townie, and he still didn’t say much. I agree on the part that that he surely must have something to say.

Let the games begin.

Vote: Elementar
May the odds be evvver in your favor!
Hey, it was my first actual joke vote I've ever done. I was just having fun with it by voting the host :p

Unvote: Elementar
I've had my fun now.
I don’t see the point of telling us it was her first ever joke vote. It’s overly pointless.
(In response to CheffOfGames previous message)

(In response to HumanDawn's previous message)

(in response to Seth Rollins previous message)

I'm so confused, why is everyone all of a sudden joking about being Mafia?
This is literal fluffy cwac.
Also why did you refer to yourself in the third person Seth Rollins?
I was actually curious about this too.... but it’s still pure fluffy cwac.
Well there goes doctor *pinches bridge of nose and shakes head*

@Feenie, @HumanDawn, @Midorikawa, what are your current thoughts about the mislynch?
Not doctor :p

Anyways I actually like this post as it does ask a solid question. Though choosing us makes it seem like she’s trying to take advantage of te mislynch, and mislynch us.
Okay so my reasoning is very simple. You three all voted for Max and you've all been acting weird with all of your "scum joking". I asked you guys this questions and no one else to simply see what your reactions would be. Thank you HumanDawn for yet again, completely evading my questions.
Questions? She had on real question and yes human didn’t answer it, but really was there a point other than to repeat what Feenie and I had said? And the scum joking part seems like grasping at straws.

The joking about being mafia isn’t uncommon. At least wasn’t, but maybe it’s become a generational thing. Human, Feenie and I have all been playing for around the same time and all go in and out of activity. In our day it was common to joke. I’ve never seen it taken seriously, and to take it seriously just comes off as grabbing straws.
They are relevant as even though they are simple types of questions they still can it further the game (as everyone knows day 1 can be a tricky one to keep up conversation and we need all the information we can get about who may possibly be mafia. It's all about a reaction and then picking that reaction apart to try and work out who's scum.
Also even if you don't think they're relevant wouldn't you still want to answer them (even if you just said "We were obviously joking") instead of making yourself look more suspicious by essentially avoiding them?
1) they aren’t relevant. Occasionally questions serve no purpose
2) there’s a difference between avoiding and just not bothering. And in the case of the fluff questions, there were more important things o answer or comment on that were actually relevant.

Making them out to be more than they were is just trying to make HD look worse than actually is.
It was what i was trying to get at, so yes I agree.
This is fine.
Oh, you and me both.
Meh. Doesn’t say much.
It's obvious that I've been suspicious of Mido, Feenie and HumanDawn since the start of the game hence why I've been asking them seemingly pointless questions to try and stuff them up (if they are in fact Mafia), so that's my reasoning for some what targeting them so far.
Really? Exactly where did you make it obvious? Because I don’t see it. And I have all your posts above this one so....
Midorikawa: hasn't been active enough in the game to be able to warrent a vote on them ATM (or at least I believe we should leave them be for now until we know more about them).
That’s a horrible idea... actually yeah it’s not a good idea to recklessly vote me early game.
HumanDawn: I'm not going to lie, I was the most suspicious of you as you seemed to be constantly avoiding my questions. However you do have some good ideas and are seeming less scummy now that i think about it more.

That leaves....
Again questions when she asked one real question. I think this is more “everyone else thinks human is townie so I should too” than a real change of feelings
Feenie: You seem to know what you're saying and you have a way with words that i don't particularly trust (In the last mafia game I was in the last Mafia member was also extremely persuasive, and yes I understand that Feenie, you weren't this member BUT it has made me more wary of players who have a way with words).
I commented on this before how it’s actually important to have a way with words.

But this seems to just be jumping in the attack Feenie bandwagon.
I also feel as though at least one scum is chosing to be inactive. Is it usual for Scum to sometimes be inactive? Is it a sort of strategic play? Is there more chance that Mafia would be active to try and control the game?
Fine questions. This is a good one.
Regardless, even if some mafia are inactive, it would be tricky to convict them as we know all but nothing about them at this point apart from a few posts here and there.
@CheffOfGames @Rainbow Cloud @Midorikawa @Officer Snake do you have reasons for being so inactive thus far?
Nothing wrong here. It’s actually good to know reasons for activity.
@Renato_Sinclair I know you're new to the game and I highly doubt that in a player's FIRST ever game they'd be given the scum role. I believe Renato to be town so far based of this.
The flaw with this has been pointed out already.
Seth and Swarla are giving me overall town vibes thus far. The fact that Seth tried to somewhat defend Max and was the only person (out of four votes) to not vote for Max PLUS they have been one of the most active players so far, leads me to believe they're town at htis point. Swarla as well has been very active and has some good points, so i don't think she is scum at this point either.
Activity =/= town.

I don’t like this read for some reason but I don’t see any glaring issues, so it’s fine:
jdthebud, even though you've been inactive you said you have a reason and now you've started to contribute things to the chat. This is good.
Yeah I’m seeing too much talk about players activity in reads.
At the moment, my gut is telling me that Feenie is most likely scum from the active group. I'm going to go with my gut.

Vote: Feenie
Jumping on the Feenie wagon, and again with activity.

I completely understand like I know there is a percentage chance that she is mafia, I was just saying that I believe the likelihood of her being scum is substantially less than others ATM. If she is mafia then I will be extremely surprised.
Percentage don’t mean crap in mafia. If they did then I wouldn’t get mafia multiple times in a row.

While the questions about the role are solid, the comment about it being brave feels off. It’s so backhanded and te post ends up neutral. Neutrality is a favorite of mafia.
You're seeming aviodant right now, and you're an experienced player yes? Surely you have a few thoughts, even if they're on who you think is town. It doesn't have to be just who you think mafia is.

This is fine.

My phone started being weird with that last post so polishing off some thoughts about nightwing. She seems to be comparing activity to alignment and making a big show about going for actives, yet she commented that she felt there was a mafia in the inactive group. It makes that comment seem like a fall back comment while she tries to bring attention to the active group and off people in the inactive group. Which in that case would make her mafia with a buddy there.

There is also the insistence on avoidance and framing human and others as having done soemthong they haven’t, and making herself look as though she’s contributed more than she has.

All in all she hasn’t done much other than try to make others look bad and subtle pushes in negative directions. Even her questions that were relevant were mostly about possibilities in games which are not indicative of alignment because they are the kind asked by people with lack of experience about their content.

Her negative side outweighs the positive.

Vote: nightwing101

Oh btw: whoever roleblocked me, love you too! Feel free to give me the love again tonight I don’t mind :).

Uhh, what? I have also been roleblocked, but didn't mention anything because I didn't want to hint anything about my role. Why have you outed that you have been Roleblocked? If both of us has been Roleblocked, it's very possible that there's also Town Roleblocker out there.

Again questions when she asked one real question. I think this is more “everyone else thinks human is townie so I should too” than a real change of feelings

Her negative side outweighs the positive.

I... have to agree. It's been especially annoying this game to make false claims about my behaviour and exaggerate "negatives". It's also making me increasingly paranoid that it's been an attempt to put a mislynch on me.

I'm pretty new to mafia, I've only played one or two games before this one. I'm an one-time shot rebuffer.

How does that work? Never heard of it.

Hey guys, I found a decent candidate for the lynch! @HumanDawn ideas can happen in the most unlikely of places

@HumanDawn @Midorikawa Don’t you think that Nightwing’s inexperience might be the reason for this?

I think i’d rather lynch Rainbow Cloud. They’re usually much more active and they haven’t really scumread anyone since the beginning of the game, despite having more than 3 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom