• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm back and have been reading and catching up on EVERYTHING. I got Let's Go Eevee but didn't really feel a need to come back here during the lead up to the release for that, as I feel I've expressed my opinion on that nostalgic road many times before lmao. I would say I'm ready for the Kanto pandering to stop now but with the rumours of the Armored Charizard and Mewtwo, I personally feel they've really gone overkill with those Pokémon for me now (as much as I have always loved them regardless as a longtime fan), I KNOW it's because they're popular, but seriously, everyone knows them probably just as much as Pikachu globally now, so can we stop Gamefreak, thanks. (Kanto pandering rant over lol).

Anyway - I LOOOOOOVE GROOKEY. He is adorable, and I adore the potential cricket/music theme!

Scorbunny...................................... I hate football and I'm British, and it's design... idk why, and this bunny just does not do it for me sorry lmao.

Sobble, you are very very cute but just remind me of a mixture of Froakie and Mudkip, but I adore you nonetheless, if not just for the camouflage aspect alone.

Overall, I love the new region I really do. I was not a "BOTW GRAPHICS OR NOT INTERESTED" person, but I do respect those peoples opinions and how they add value to the conversation of Pokémon moving forward, all of our views are so great to read and think about when I go through these forums (I used to take things quite personally in the past, but you come to realise, everyone's voice is valued and I'm sure that regardless of what we all think so far, these games will be a beautiful experience for ALL Pokémon fans). I love that it's based on the UK, I do hope this is not all we've seen of the Region so far though, and I have a weird feeling it isn't.

It isn't Sun/Moon in HD to me, it's a clear step in the right direction for them, they are obviously taking on valued consistences they've had throughout the years, compiled with the constant excitement of just experiencing a beautiful new region, with the similar formula, adapted to where we are in the timeline, imo. Maybe one day we will get that "BOTW style" graphical experience for Pokémon, but I feel if they jumped to that right now, we'd have a really messy game, they are doing well and we should appreciate that :D

Sword & Shield as titles threw me a little at first, but I've weirdly adapted quickly. HYPE.

Man am I the only one that thinks that Red is NOT Masuda's color? Red hair, red jacket. Blah. It washes him out and makes his skin look so sallow.

Ohh- I know it probably won't be anything new, but it'd be so cool if we could hear a bit about the design process for the starters or see some of their concept art, I really love that kind of thing.

Maybe they'll settle the speculation regarding the "theme" of the starters if so. I honestly don't think that would spoil too much, but would make people look forwards to their evolution reveals more.

Seems like very safe guesses but there's a lot of info presented that could easily reveal this to be fake. Time shall tell.

I feel like Kalos speculation is warranted this time around, given how close to each other england and france are IRL, and how a lot of what we saw of Galar in the trailer looked very aesthetically similar to Kalos.

Not to mention the underground mine/cave they showed looked extremely similar to that fossil cave in X/Y. Not saying we'll visit Kalos or anything, but references and mentions to the region are near-guaranteed

Some replies on the tweet mentions that the same person posted another ‘leak’ on Feb 20 where he said we won’t go in old regions...while now he says we’ll go to Kalos. As well as saying there’ll be mega evolution, and now saying there’ll be armor evolution.

Edit: I can be wrong of the person being the same, as the tweet is in Spanish.

The leak in any case seems fake to me, I doubt they’d call the final evolution of Sobble...Invisobble. I mean, seriously?
The gym leaders working as such seems really exaggerating, as well as other stuff.

Last edited:
Looks like fake CoroCoro leaks are back ( check 4chan ) missed those

Look, I get that Kalos didn't offer much in the long run, but can we just give up going back? It's time has passed, we need to accept that

Well.. Same Kan To be said about it. And yet, we still get it.

Also regarding that leak: Yeah no. They are not gonna make Armored Evolutions for Mega's, since that makes Mega's pointless, especially if we are gonna visit Kalos.

100% fake.

Giratina is saying hi.
Even taking the fan idea as fact, it's still not an explicit devil.

Those final stage concepts all seem too grounded in what we saw in the trailer. (Save for Grookie, I guess, but that's still been speculated by fans already) When we saw Litten, did anyone expect a heel wrestler in its final stage? When we saw Froakie, was anyone expecting a ninja? When we saw Oshawott, was anyone expecting a samurai? There's always something more to the design than just what we see. (Also, Invisobble is way too close to Sobble to be a good name IMO)

A mythical as a starter is extremely doubtful. In every game, legendaries and mythicals are generally regarded as being the only one of their kind, even if the player clearly has one in their party. Even our exceptions that came from Gen 7 had their other members clearly acknowledged in-story. (and they were involved in receiving the player receiving that Pokemon themselves) So, sure, this rival could have one of a pair, or one of several mythicals-but that means that they're going to have this story justification for how they obtained this mythical, while the player's is going to be tied to the Mystery Gift. Not to mention-letting the player see a Pokemon in-game that they might have missed the distribution for? That sounds like a terrible idea. Sure, they could have done the QR codes if this was on the 3DS, but I'm pretty sure the Switch won't be able to do that-quite a shame, tbh.

"Evil team is bent on rapid industrialization"? Why? Pokemon is already an extremely high tech society. They have machines that instantly repair any physical damage Pokemon experience, capsule balls that store creatures hundreds of times their size, computers that can store hundreds of organic beings, and straight-up teleportation. An industrial revolution like we experienced would be a regression.

Also, notice how much of this plays off fan speculation. They're highlighting the idea of sports/crowd appeal (discussed several times in this thread), the idea of Grookie being music-based (again, mentioned in this thread), they give an explanation to the giant on the hill, they say people already have a good understanding of the armor mechanic-there's a ton of stuff that's already common concepts among fans. Since when did people break NDAs for things fans had already figured out?

the website mentions the industrialism taking place in Galar as a good thing (relationship between human and pokemon working together) much like how human & pokemon came together to create culture in Alola, so I doubt it will be portrayed negatively in the games, let alone by a villain team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom