• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GF bringing DLCs into Pokémon would be a really terrible idea. My personal dislike of modern DLC aside, we are at a point where a majority of people are just getting tired of having to pay more than the game's original price in order to be able to have access to and enjoy the full game. If GF decided to lock features behind a pay wall (especially features that could have easily been in the base game, such as a continuation of the main story, more post-game stuff, new 'mons, new moves, new abilities, walking Pokémon etc.), then it would be seen by a lot of people as a scumish thing to do and would generate a lot of controversy. The only way I can see them get away with something like this is if they made the DLC free.

As for expansion packs, correct me if I'm wrong (since my only experience with expansion packs is Call of Duty: United Offensive), but wouldn't they be somewhat the same as third versions?

I'm a mixed bag on the wolf/doggo leak. It does look pretty unique for a Pokemon, and it looks quite a bit like most official art for Pokemon looks. But idk, something about it feels off to me. The eyes are kinda weird. Like I feel like I recognize them, but at the same time they don't feel very Pokemon like. What @Icy Wind says, it does kinda look like a Digimon.

we are at a point where a majority of people are just getting tired of having to pay more than the game's original price in order to be able to have access to and enjoy the full game.
If people are really getting tired of DLC, then why do most games these days still have them?
If GF decided to lock features behind a pay wall (especially features that could have easily been in the base game, such as a continuation of the main story, more post-game stuff, new 'mons, new moves, new abilities, walking Pokémon etc.), then it would be seen by a lot of people as a scumish thing to do and would generate a lot of controversy.
They already “locked” features behind a very recent pawall (ie USUM) and the controversy was minimal outside internet circles.

And most DLC don’t “lock” features either. In most cases it expands on the original game. You can still enjoy the base game without DLC in the majority of cases.

Last edited:
It's either a stylized choice by the ancients (hex nuts wouldn't have existed a thousand years ago. So they had to make sense of it). Or it might be two Meltan stuck together and Meltan will have a middle form.
The simplified style of that horse doesn't add anything extra, though. I can understand reducing a hex nut to a circle for simplicity, but if this was Meltan, it went beyond just simplifying and added a more complex depiction of the eye (as opposed to just a circle in the center-a pretty simple design, and one done with the larger figure), and adding limbs that weren't there.

To be fair, horses don't exactly look like this in real life.

Or people for that matter in regards to the human hill figures.

It's either a stylized choice by the ancients (hex nuts wouldn't have existed a thousand years ago. So they had to make sense of it). Or it might be two Meltan stuck together and Meltan will have a middle form.
Uffington Horse is exactly the first thing I think of when looking at that Hill Figure in the trailer. Although the location according to the map is set around Kilburn, North York Moors, for that is where another Hill Figure Horse can be found.

If people are really getting tired of DLC, then why do most games these days still have them?

They already “locked” features behind a pawall (ie USUM) and the controversy was minimal outside internet circles.

And most DLC don’t “lock” features either. In most cases it expands on the original game. You can still enjoy the base game without DLC in the majority of cases.
Most of the problems I have seen with DLC is when the DLC is already on the disc, since they feel that they are asking for more money for something you already bought. Or, in cases like the one with Spyro, when most of the content is not even in the disc itself and you have to download it later, screwing people with bad internet. Spyro didn't have any justification since the Crash N. Sane Trilogy managed to fit three games in one disc with no problems, so why couldn't Toys for Bob do that?

To be fair, horses don't exactly look like this in real life.

Or people for that matter in regards to the human hill figures.

They're waiting that an ancient man draws perfectly.

It's a cavepaint meltan, not an 4k hdr one.

There are two options here:

*I pledge to buy all DLC, no matter how numerous or expensive they may be.

**I pledge uh...Damn you, Gamefreak! You know I'm a compulsive buyer!

Most of the problems I have seen with DLC is when the DLC is already on the disc, since they feel that they are asking for more money for something you already bought. Or, in cases like the one with Spyro, when most of the content is not even in the disc itself and you have to download it later, screwing people with bad internet. Spyro didn't have any justification since the Crash N. Sane Trilogy managed to fit three games in one disc with no problems, so why couldn't Toys for Bob do that?
According to one video about the recent update, the file compacity shrank from 75GB to 63GB, and the Blu-Ray Disc can only fit aroung 55GBs? So I think that's the reason of why they couldn't fit all 3 games onto the disc and instead fit Spyro the Dragon.

How do you justify the fact that the figure has limbs and no visible tail?
Why would changing its head result in two eyes? Every time Meltan's head was "changed" (which was only putting an object on Meltan for one brief scene), its eye was still intact.

Maybe it's not an eye at all.

It's a cavepaint meltan, not an 4k hdr one (I'll make it an default answer).

So why add details about Meltan that weren't there in the first place?

As it is an "ancient meltan" this details
could be there in its ancient form.

You're looking for an exact copy of meltan.

Whoever's drawn this, are not a perfect artist and meltan could not be identical to nowadays meltan too.

Look for similarities, not for a 1:1 copy.

Maybe it's not an eye at all.

It's a cavepaint meltan, not an 4k hdr one (I'll make it an default answer).
So, the same people that made this

are incapable of just putting a dot in a circle? Despite clearly doing that above?
As it is an "ancient meltan" this details
could be there in its ancient form.
We've seen ancient Meltan, though-it looks exactly the same.

View: https://youtu.be/nvLDA70ZvbU?t=89

View attachment 116923

are incapable of just putting a dot in a circle? Despite clearly doing that above?

You're expecting too much for ancient people. Even the oak's document is more recent than this painting. Meltan could be different many many years ago. Of course it could be nothing, but you all are discarding meltan just because it's not identical. Look for similarities, not for exact copies, please.

So either it's not Meltan, or Gamefreak just did whatever for reasons.

What else is there to talk about? I think Meltan and its evolution look bad and hope it's irrelevant to the game other than a Mystery Gift that would honestly be better filled by anything else.

View attachment 116923

It maybe Meltans, it maybe people, we can't be sure until the game comes out later this year. However I can say this, that this giant creature may perhaps be Melmetal's evolved form because at least that has a dot in it's circular eye. Or it could be something else, we are as yet in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom