• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

You mean it rubs you the wrong way that I get busy and don’t reply right away every time? What rubs me the wrong way is that you posted that joke instead of actually explaining your Townreads to LatB when they asked you, as well as you previous insistence that Chillian must be Town with shaky reasoning.
I just do not understand why you would not wait for my response knowing that i am here. I would think my town reads are apparent for anyone who has read the thread. You are tunneling on jokes, you know this, yes?

Is there anything else that caught your eye or will you just be quoting those three posts and giving one liners on a handful of players?
I mean, those comments were based on everything I've read through the thread. I'm less likely to point to anything specific and instead just incorporate it into what I say about them in general.

that was a wonderful summary of everyone else's thoughts lone_wolf
Shrugs Can't help it if everybody else has the right opinions.

Aka I clicked on a phone notification, read two posts and left
So, I get that you're busy and all, but do you have any thoughts about those two posts you read? Or things you've read prior?

I mean, those comments were based on everything I've read through the thread. I'm less likely to point to anything specific and instead just incorporate it into what I say about them in general.

Shrugs Can't help it if everybody else has the right opinions.

So, I get that you're busy and all, but do you have any thoughts about those two posts you read? Or things you've read prior?
I've barely but any thought into this game all day. I just read post and move on. I promised content tomorrow and I'll give it.

Despite acknowledging that a no lynch is a mistake, seems oddly hesitant to use his vote, especially when providing pressure would be an obvious reason to use it here. Yeah, this guy's scummy.
Have you forgotten that this is a hydra game? If one head believes a no lynch is a mistake, that says little about the other head’s opinion. Hell, they may not even have noticed that.
Anyhow, I’m Kokirion, I posted that first post, the others were from my partner.

I just woke up. I’ll work my thoughts out more throughout the day, I need some time, but here’s a brief update:

I like the reads. I thoroughly disagree with the content (I’ll post more about that later) but I support any attempts to contribute to the discussions. Reads are good because they 1) start discussions and 2) force the initiator to commit to something. If he/she is mafia, that means faking a bunch, which can bite that person in his tail at some later stage in the game. If he/she is town, it’s a good exercise to organise your thoughts and you leave something behind when you die.
BUT, I fully agree with my other head, it is ridiculous to post a list of reads without any (or hardly any) arguments. You can’t have a fair trial if the accused is guilty until he/she has proven otherwise and without him/her even knowing what he is accused of. If you call someone scummy, provide evidence.

I’ll make another post later about the two lists of reads. And I’ll also post my own list of reads.

One other thing I quickly want to mention, I’m not sure what to think yet about dum dum idiots’ behaviour. Petter (one head) is usually a very composed player. Sometimes playing (in my opinion) a too-perfect scum game. Which is so perfect that it draws attention. However, he plays like that every single game, regardless of his alignment, making it hard to read him. Gumball (the other head) at the other hand, is much more assertive/aggressive in her usual play style. Combined they are, thus, an interesting hydra. I would expect them to end up somewhere in the middle, but I find their play style surprisingly cautious. Too cautious, even though I recognised some of Gumball’s writing. So she isn’t inactive. Then, why are they playing more cautious than anticipated?

But then how am I supposed to know you are actually reading? My gut tells me you are not paying close attention because you did not like or comment on my dark souls meme despite it being reminiscent of darth wolfs avatar...

Have you forgotten that this is a hydra game? If one head believes a no lynch is a mistake, that says little about the other head’s opinion. Hell, they may not even have noticed that.
Anyhow, I’m Kokirion, I posted that first post, the others were from my partner.

I just woke up. I’ll work my thoughts out more throughout the day, I need some time, but here’s a brief update:

I like the reads. I thoroughly disagree with the content (I’ll post more about that later) but I support any attempts to contribute to the discussions. Reads are good because they 1) start discussions and 2) force the initiator to commit to something. If he/she is mafia, that means faking a bunch, which can bite that person in his tail at some later stage in the game. If he/she is town, it’s a good exercise to organise your thoughts and you leave something behind when you die.
BUT, I fully agree with my other head, it is ridiculous to post a list of reads without any (or hardly any) arguments. You can’t have a fair trial if the accused is guilty until he/she has proven otherwise and without him/her even knowing what he is accused of. If you call someone scummy, provide evidence.

I’ll make another post later about the two lists of reads. And I’ll also post my own list of reads.

One other thing I quickly want to mention, I’m not sure what to think yet about dum dum idiots’ behaviour. Petter (one head) is usually a very composed player. Sometimes playing (in my opinion) a too-perfect scum game. Which is so perfect that it draws attention. However, he plays like that every single game, regardless of his alignment, making it hard to read him. Gumball (the other head) at the other hand, is much more assertive/aggressive in her usual play style. Combined they are, thus, an interesting hydra. I would expect them to end up somewhere in the middle, but I find their play style surprisingly cautious. Too cautious, even though I recognised some of Gumball’s writing. So she isn’t inactive. Then, why are they playing more cautious than anticipated?
Mmm I like this post. I thought you said in signups that you haven't played mafia before?

To be fair it's still very early in the game. I suppose I haven't had time to let loose quiet yet. And right now it's almost 5 AM and I really shouldn't be up... ZZZZzzzz

maybe once or twice before........

The bloke is lying. I have played with this gentleman for many years! :enzap:

My rainbow list of reads so far:

Mafia Nursing Home
thesunspear
Lone Wolf

Hydreigon & Shelgon GX
Bok's Lovechild
Restless Ridge

Scumlords & Noobs
Chillian

Zinn Mask Salesman
Aflame

dum dum idiots

I bolded the hydra's in the list above that contain ZD mafia players. I'm not saying this entire list is rubbish, but isn't it a coincidence that pretty much everyone from ZD is part of the scum list?
That is why you need to provide arguments when presenting a list like this. Now it seems like your gutfeeling accidentally labelled all players with a for here more unusual playstyle as scummy.

But then how am I supposed to know you are actually reading? My gut tells me you are not paying close attention because you did not like or comment on my dark souls meme despite it being reminiscent of darth wolfs avatar...
Because it was fluff, pointless. Plus I don't tend to like posts period. Darth may work differently, but that's just me.

Because it was fluff, pointless. Plus I don't tend to like posts period. Darth may work differently, but that's just me.
The point is moreso that you only responded to these three seemingly random posts which furthermore aren't even exactly connected. Could you maybe elaborate on your read of thesunspear for example? You say we are pushing the game so perhaps you could quote and analyze a couple of posts that shows that.

The point is moreso that you only responded to these three seemingly random posts which furthermore aren't even exactly connected. Could you maybe elaborate on your read of thesunspear for example? You say we are pushing the game so perhaps you could quote and analyze a couple of posts that shows that.
Yes, I suppose I could do that.

What, no followup? That surely rubs me the wrong way.
Is there anything else that caught your eye or will you just be quoting those three posts and giving one liners on a handful of players?
Explain the read on thesunspear if you would be so kind. How do our most recent posts affect the read, and when was the town read established? Why?
For starters, there's when you do stuff like this. You see something you don't like, and you spring on it. You don't let anybody sit on a half-measure. You're always pushing players and the game forward.
Yeeee
Tell me about your top suspicions
And stuff like this. Someone shows up, and you work to get something out of them. Thoughts, opinions, anything, just so long as you can get them to make constructive comments.
I feel like a mafia player just wouldn't be able to keep pushing people to solve things like this, lest they push someone into drawing connections they won't like.

Next, on to Scumlord's list:

I'll read who I can. (37 was a joke)

1. Aflame - scummy
  2. Zinn Mask Salesman null
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny
  4. Chillian scum
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Town
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh
  8. leetic and the band townyish?
  9. Scumlords and Noobs :lapras:
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny
  13. thesunspear towny

and here his explanation:
  1. Aflame - scummy because they seem to be lurking
  2. Zinn Mask Salesman null
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny because they sound genuine
  4. Chillian scum because of pushing hm
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Towny vibe
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh vibe
  8. leetic and the band townyish? Because of lots of contributions
  9. Scumlords and Noobs :lapras:
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy for inactivity
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny for Contributing
  13. thesunspear towny "because they aren't scummy"
Thank you for clarifying.
To anyone who found it strange that my other head had advocated for showing arguments for the accusations, well, this is why we need that. Now we can discuss it content wise.

Practically, most people you find suspicious are suspicious due to inactivity. Most people you find trustworthy are (with the exception of Leeting and Restless) trustworthy because they give off a town vibe.

Inactivity can be an indicator of scumminess. It’s good that you mention this, because I was already looking for an excuse to discuss this topic. Because this is a hydra game, I think we need to be a bit careful with pointing fingers at people for their activity at the beginning of the game. People probably need some time to adapt to their partner. Some may first want to extensively discuss everything, and thus come across as less active, or may be less active in an attempt to not bother their other partner too much. Inactivity or overactivity may also appear due to different heads taking over at unexpected moments. e.g. one player wakes up, reads and slowly expands his activity, then when he/she is expected to contribute in a more assertive manner, the other player takes over. This player may have no idea what the other player was thinking, so simply starts all over again in the process. When the final player is about to become more assertive, perhaps the first player comes back and write the conclusion to his original texts, which may again seem strange in the light of the recent posts of the second player. The same can also happen for overactivity.
Anyhow, I guess the trick here is to learn to better understand the hydras after a few days, to see inconsistencies even when accounting for the distortions coming from the hydras.

The town vibe thingy is a bit too vague really. Please clarify.
Perhaps that is because I never played with those people before, so then please give me some insights in how I should read them

The town vibe thingy is a bit too vague really. Please clarify.
Perhaps that is because I never played with those people before, so then please give me some insights in how I should read them
it seems to me to be a bulbagarden staple for players to be giving off "their [alignment] vibes" yet not being able to show how they are doing so is a red flag, and it led to a day 1 mafia lynch in the "Ubers Mafia" game.

Back
Top Bottom