• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I just got lucky with the first bunch of G-Max Raids I did, because as I've done more and more I've been less successful at catching them, even when using situational Balls.

They should've retooled the Beast Ball so that it has a guaranteed catch rate for Gmax 'mons considering it currently has no practical use with UBs gone.

At any rate, have you tried Dusk Balls? I've only had a Dusk Ball fail on me a few times, and generally after the third wiggle.
That's odd. So either I'm extremely lucky, you're extremely unlucky, or both. Tbf, I did catch my Centiscorch and Butterfree with Net Balls, that might have helped somewhat
I've tried all the balls short of the Apricorn balls. Even then I wasted my heavy ball by accident. The closest I got was using a net ball on the Centiscorch. Maybe I am just unlucky when it comes to Gigantamax Pokemon.

Because as far as normal Dynamax Pokemon, I barely do anything during the raids, let the NPCs or the other players handle them outside of two hits, and I still manage to catch them. It's just Gigantamax Pokemon giving me problems.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that the little "I teamed up with other players and we defeated [blank]!" Notifications make it seem like you're never supposed to catch them and anyone that does uses a master ball or is a fluke. The little abstract people seem too happy in the icon they chose. A better notification would have probably been "I teamed up with other players and we failed in catching [blank]. Maybe next time." With a orz type icon instead of a happy crowd icon.

Amusingly enough I actually had a fair bit of success last night. I caught G-Max Corviknight in a Repeat Ball, and, surprisingly, a G-Max Snorlax in a Quick Ball. However, I did fail to catch three other Snorlax and a Charizard, though, with one of the Snorlax being one that I challenged and defeated by myself.

By the way, does anyone else keep getting kicked from Max Raids with a "communication with the server was interrupted" pop-up? Anyone know what that's about? If it's a problem with my Wi-Fi or something else? And I'm curious about how it affects the other players - I've only done Max Raids either by myself or over the Internet, so these aren't people I can communicate with. But I wonder if the battle is getting canceled for all four of us simultaneously, or if my character vanishes on their end, or if it hangs around doing nothing (both of which I'd feel very bad about).

Savescum?

Coming back to this, unfortunately it seems that you cannot soft reset for different café rewards. I didn't like, go out of my way exactly, but I did reset one of them three times and got a Small Exp. Candy each time. So they may just be set as soon as the clock rolls over.

Coming back to this, unfortunately it seems that you cannot soft reset for different café rewards. I didn't like, go out of my way exactly, but I did reset one of them three times and got a Small Exp. Candy each time. So they may just be set as soon as the clock rolls over.
that's unfortunate :( I'll check too, once I've got time, but I don't have high hopes now

On an unrelated note, I love that we get a dream ball and it now has new functionality. I just wish we could get more of them. Maybe they'll hand them out as a prize at some point?

On an unrelated note, I love that we get a dream ball and it now has new functionality. I just wish we could get more of them. Maybe they'll hand them out as a prize at some point?

I was pleased to see that as well! However, I'm unfortunately not sure optimistic that more (than maybe a couple) will be given out - it would be nice, but I don't see why they wouldn't have just made it one of the Champion Cup rewards like the Apricorn Balls and even the now-purely-for-bragging-rights Beast Ball.

Maybe it's just supposed to be a bone thrown to make up for them crashing the Apricorn Ball markets.

Aren't they possible prizes for winning the Champion's tournament for the second or greater time?

Everything but the Dream Ball is.

Everything but the Dream Ball is.
And that's why I was wondering if they might be some sort of prize in the future. Alternatively it could be an oversight and they'll be added to the champion cup prize pool in the future...

I wish I had been able to post about Sword/Shield closer to, or on, the actual release date....but here I am.

Prior to the release, I was somewhat skeptical about how good the games would be....especially with all the negativity going around. However, when I actually played Shield, I enjoyed it immensely. It was better than I worried it would be, with all the quality of life changes, the characters, the wild area, etc. Sure, there were issues, but in my opinion they were overshadowed by how enjoyable the rest of the game was.

I was going through a really rough time last month, and Pokemon Shield did a wonderful job of distracting me from my issues. Going through the Galar region, using all sorts of awesome new Pokemon, was exactly what I needed to cope with what was going on in my life. Considering just how bad things were for me, the difference the game made cannot be understated. I continue to play the game a lot.

Thank you, Pokemon Shield.

Okay this has been gnawing at me.

What is up with the images in the background if the Eternamax Eternatus fight?

Okay this has been gnawing at me.

What is up with the images in the background if the Eternamax Eternatus fight?

I took it as a way of showing that Eternatus is warping the space around itself. Those “images” are distortions in space, allowing you to see faraway places. So kind of like non-traversable wormholes, in a way.

Endgame Spoilers ahead

I really liked the Eternatus fight. It was fun (even though Eternamax Enternatus dropped my Pokemon like flies. Attack Hop, why dontcha). But I have two problems with it. One, it didn't properly convey the stakes. The first two music tracks did not give me a sense of "oh shit this is bad this is bad this is bad!" I can excuse the first one not being an "oh shit" theme because Pre-Eternamax Eternatus is a freaking wimp. But the second theme is for Eternamax Eternatus, who you can't even touch until the cavalry arrives. But nope, not even properly foreboding. Plus, even of it had proper music Eternemax wasn't dire enough. Instead of just not have you be able to move for a set number of turns, have you be able to move. Have you be able to damage it, but you do scratch damage no matter what mlve you use (like, literally it's set so that even if you use a move that would normally knock a large chunk of ho off a pokemon it only knocks 1 hit point off). Not just that, Eternatus should heal every other turn. Have Eternatus tear through your team so that it really feels dire. And once your last Pokemon drops, that's when the wolves arrive and revive all your Pokemon. That would be epic. My second gripe is that, as I mentioned before, pre-Eternamax Eternatus is a wimp. Thing went down in, like, 2-3 hits.

I've never really bothered with battle facilities, but my god, with Dynamax and the Skill Team, the Battle Tower in this game is such a cakewalk that I almost feel obligated to complete it. And I only went in to get Leon's Rare Card, lol

So, while I'm definitely having fun with making curry, what's up with some of the ingredients???

Like, Fruit Bunch, Moomoo Cheese, Boiled Egg, and Smoke-Poke Tail clearly come from Tropius, Miltank, Chansey, and Slowpoke, yet none of these Pokemon are available... Where are they hiding them? is there a secret ingredient harvesting farm somewhere in Galar??!! Are they importing these food items? I need answers. THe public deserves to know where their food comes from!!!

So, while I'm definitely having fun with making curry, what's up with some of the ingredients???

Like, Fruit Bunch, Moomoo Cheese, Boiled Egg, and Smoke-Poke Tail clearly come from Tropius, Miltank, Chansey, and Slowpoke, yet none of these Pokemon are available... Where are they hiding them? is there a secret ingredient harvesting farm somewhere in Galar??!! Are they importing these food items? I need answers. THe public deserves to know where their food comes from!!!

I assume they are all imported, though in my mind that raises the question of why aren't any of Galar's foodmons used for curry ingredients? Cherubi, Appletun, and Morelull are all non-fatally food-bearing (Crawdaunt too, but Gen 7 told us that the meat in its pincers is absolutely vile; also, I guess the Cream ingredient might be from Alcremie). Then again, that isn't very many. Does Galar have a bit of a resource problem?

And why isn't Honey a curry ingredient? It has no other use besides selling in these games. I think it would make a lot of sense if Honey-drenched curry increased the chance of attracting wild Pokémon into your camp, since that's what Honey is supposed to do anyway. (On a similar note, I think they could have revived and reworked Sinnoh's Honey trees for the Wild Area.)

I also think it would be neat if we could pair our curries with the regional treats like Rage Candy Bars and Sweet Hearts for extra effects. Let your Pokémon have a dessert.

Last edited:
I assume they are all imported, though in my mind that raises the question of why aren't any of Galar's foodmons used for curry ingredients? Cherubi, Appletun, and Morelull are all non-fatally food-bearing (Crawdaunt too, but Gen 7 told us that the meat in its pincers is absolutely vile; also, I guess the Cream ingredient might be from Alcremie). Then again, that isn't very many. Does Galar have a bit of a resource problem?

And why isn't Honey a curry ingredient? It has no other use besides selling in these games. I think it would make a lot of sense if Honey-drenched curry increased the chance of attracting wild Pokémon into your camp, since that's what Honey is supposed to do anyway. (On a similar note, I think they could have revived and reworked Sinnoh's Honey trees for the Wild Area.)

I also think it would be neat if we could pair our curries with the regional treats like Rage Candy Bars and Sweet Hearts for extra effects. Let your Pokémon have a dessert.
Wait, Morelull is edible? -checks dex entries-

Ok, so they're at least save for Pokemon consumption. The caps that is. Maybe there's some in the Mixed Mushrooms?

That said, references to Galar native 'mons in the food are far less overt. Like, the cleared reference is the Large Leek, and that's more like a maybe...

Wait, Morelull is edible? -checks dex entries-

Ok, so they're at least save for Pokemon consumption. The caps that is. Maybe there's some in the Mixed Mushrooms?

That said, references to Galar native 'mons in the food are far less overt. Like, the cleared reference is the Large Leek, and that's more like a maybe...
Well, morels are edible, so I guess the Pokémon based on them might be edible, too.

Well, morels are edible, so I guess the Pokémon based on them might be edible, too.
But they're also fairy types that can cause drowsiness and confusion... I mean, eating them as a human might cause a hell of a trip...

But they're also fairy types that can cause drowsiness and confusion... I mean, eating them as a human might cause a hell of a trip...
Maybe not if they are cooked before-hand. I think I recall reading once you could eat some poisonous mushrooms if you cooked them before eating them, but then again, this is from something I saw at least 13 years ago for a Science homework, so I might be horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom