• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart patterns? For some, it's a casual way to attract casual gamers into. I have more complex ideas but you overlooked that.
I highly doubt some heart shapes on a few female Pokémon are going to attract “casual gamers.” Gender differences, from what I’ve seen, are something more hardcore players would care about. Plus, GameFreak doesn’t really need anything extra to attract casual gamers considering Pokémon is geared towards casual gamers.

Though I do think it would be nice if GameFreak did retcon in some gender differences, as long as they aren’t hearts.

Heart-shaped marks? I mean for a few Pokémon, but since Nintendo Switch cartridge can have more models fitting in, there's a bigger chance all Sinnoh starters and all Eeveelutions will have gender differences.

Noah fence but I'd rather they invest those precious time making such models in putting out more substantive content instead.

Assuming Sinnoh remakes are next (which seems very likely) if Dynamaxing is included (being the gimmick for the gen also seems likely) then I'd assume any Pokémon with a Gigantamax form would likely be transferable into the game - although it might require Home rather than direct trade.

Obviously all speculation as logic often goes out the window with Pokémon game choice but it would be weird to include dynamax and not take advantage of the existing Gigantamax Pokémon.

then I'd assume any Pokémon with a Gigantamax form would likely be transferable into the game
I can’t think of any reason it’s likely... if Dexit continues most of SwSh would be incompatible with the remakes already. And they haven’t made much of Gigantamax, the games don’t even address it specifically from what I’ve heard.

Gigantamax was part of the pre release news cycle, the gift pokemon for early purchase is a Gigantamax Pokémon that can't be obtained any other way and they are running constant limited time increase in certain Gigantamax spawns. Add to that the fact that after the first few gyms all the gym leaders have a Gigantamax as their ace (as does the champion) I'd say there's definite investment in the idea.

From a marketing point of view, the Gigantamax Pokémon are more desirable because of their rarity, so having the option to transfer them into Sinnoh remakes via Home become just about the biggest possible selling point for Home that I could imagine right now - without matching Regional dexes direct trading between games not of the same release cycle become less likely (although not nessesarily completely impossible)

That said my assumption is based on IF Dynamaxing is carried over and IF Sinnoh remakes are the next release. If there is a third version/sequel for Sword and Shield first then I'd say Dynamax carrying over into the remakes become less likely.

Either way I'd say safer money is on Charizard family in general being in any Sinnoh remakes than not :p

You knowbthey're secretly building up to Charizard being the real villain and the true big bad is a charizard using popularity and alternate forms to control people and make them do what they want.

The Sinnoh remakes are most likely going to be incompatible with Sword & Shield without the use of Home so I can see them excluding Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing.

While I don't think dynamax will 100% be in Sinnoh remakes I personally think its likely if they are the very next games released in the series. Game Freak seem to like battle gimmicks now and I think keeping dynamax for the remakes is more likely than going back to megad or z-moves.

Although I will absolutely concede that trying to apply logic to gamefreak's decisions is utterly pointless as they've done to illogical so many times now!

While I don't think dynamax will 100% be in Sinnoh remakes I personally think its likely if they are the very next games released in the series. Game Freak seem to like battle gimmicks now and I think keeping dynamax for the remakes is more likely than going back to megad or z-moves.

Although I will absolutely concede that trying to apply logic to gamefreak's decisions is utterly pointless as they've done to illogical so many times now!
The problem is incompatibility with Galar, which is inevitable unless every single Pokemon in the Galar Dex that isn't in the Sinnoh Dex already is added to the Sinnoh Dex.

To be fair there aren't that many that an Gigantamax so I don't see the issue - it doesn't require all Galar Pokémon to be included. The way I see it as it will be a push for people to use home as the dexes not matching gives them an excuse for no direct trading.

I don't think it will nessesarily be a popular way of going about, but I don't think they'll give a damn about that the way they'll things are.

I think we just need to agree to disagree here because I've already said that I don't think that including dynamax means they need to do the Sinnoh gyms in the same way as Galar gyms, but you seem to be stuck on the mechanic absolutely having to be locked to Galar.

There is likely going to be a few Galar Pokemon that will be appearing in Sinnoh...

Mr Ryme - No doubt because of Mime Jr. Although they could introduce to us a Sinnohan Mr Ryme.

Applin line - That would make some sense. Plus Gardenia would be gushing over them.

Sizzlipede line - Since that has a Samurai based design to the Pokemon.

The Fossils, although they could introduce for us the proper fossils that were proper suppose to look like. Roark would might hint of Cara Liss.

That's all I can think of so far.

Applin line - That would make some sense. Plus Gardenia would be gushing over them.

The Fossils, although they could introduce for us the proper fossils that were proper suppose to look like. Roark would might hint of Cara Liss.

I'd be very happy with both of these! I think the Applin family might be my fav Pokémon to come out of Sword/Shield...though there are quite a lot of new Pokémon I like.

Getting corrected Galar fossils would be great, as much as I like the mix and math mechanic I really want the corrected versions to be availble.

I think we just need to agree to disagree here because I've already said that I don't think that including dynamax means they need to do the Sinnoh gyms in the same way as Galar gyms, but you seem to be stuck on the mechanic absolutely having to be locked to Galar.
That's because it would contradict the lore of Sword & Shield if Dynamaxing is done elsewhere. That, and I don't want to the Sinnoh League to be turned into a copy of the Galar League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom