• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Four Mafia! [ENDGAME]

Introduce Hammer votes? (Majority of votes on a single player would end the phase)

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can believe Mido’s explanation of why she would out herself as an independent is plausible. Of course, there’s still the chance it’s all a bluff, so I’d say she’d be safe for me to keep a vote on until I find someone to be more objectively scummy. And Max’s claim is plausible too, but also NAI in my opinion, at least on its own.

I'm a bit more inclined to trust Pod's claim given his early claim, a passive role that prevent's investigative checks does sound somewhat plausable. Guessing the possibility you mention about another role having the same trait would be a mafia counterpart to confuse us?
Honestly, I’m not sure if said counterpart exists, but the fact that nobody else has come forward with a Miller claim makes me think if any player does share that trait with my role, they would indeed likely be a Mafioso.

Ok, at this point I think I believe in what Mido is saying at least enough not to vote her today. And I have no idea what would she gain from claiming like this as Mafia. But at the same time I'm having a hard time determining who else should I vote for, especially since it won't contribute to a lynch at the end of the day.

Ok, at this point I think I believe in what Mido is saying at least enough not to vote her today. And I have no idea what would she gain from claiming like this as Mafia. But at the same time I'm having a hard time determining who else should I vote for, especially since it won't contribute to a lynch at the end of the day.
So don’t vitebto lynch. Vote to pressure.

I am typing while eating lunch. Hard to type like this so sorry for mistakes.

Oh, I just remembered something that I wanna reveal in the public thread. Currently, my role has a Miller-esque passive effect that makes investigative checks on me turn out negative. I’m not entirely sure about this next part, but something about my role makes me think it’s at least possible that another role might exist in this game with that same trait.
What does that mean checks turn out negative?

And can you explain why you think there’s another role like yours?

From the way it’s put, I believe it means that any investigative roles used on me would paint me as a bad guy. And though I have no confirmation that such a trait indeed exists on another role in the game, the most I can reveal without pushing the limits on the claim rules is that this passive effect will likely have a chance of removing itself from my role if I live for enough turns, and I surmise it’s at least possible another role can exist in the game with this mechanic. Maybe I’m the only one though.

Hmm...

...And what use would that even be, to use it under town's instruction?

Odds are that if mafia knows who's she's using it on, they can replan accordingly to account for her action. Planning to use it in-thread is near useless since mafia can read it, and OC is arguably even less trustworthy since her actions would be determined be a couple of players who may very well be against her.

Also,
Unvote: CyanideCrystal

Here, Tood points out the problem of telling Mido what to do with her actions in the main thread, but doesn’t really suggest a preferred course of action. Does Tood want to eliminate Mido? Leave her to decide her actions herself and see what happens? Do the OC thing? I’m wondering if Tood is trying to subtly paint Mido as risky to keep around without committing a vote, so as to see if the Town wastes multiple phases chipping at her HP. Just a theory of mine, but this is really Tood’s most substantial post in the game so far, the only others being a joke vote and a possibly CWAC-y reminder not to discuss win conditions. Makes me a kinda wary of Tood tbh.

Unvote: Midorikawa
Vote: Tood

Hmm...

Here, Tood points out the problem of telling Mido what to do with her actions in the main thread, but doesn’t really suggest a preferred course of action. Does Tood want to eliminate Mido? Leave her to decide her actions herself and see what happens? Do the OC thing? I’m wondering if Tood is trying to subtly paint Mido as risky to keep around without committing a vote, so as to see if the Town wastes multiple phases chipping at her HP. Just a theory of mine, but this is really Tood’s most substantial post in the game so far, the only others being a joke vote and a possibly CWAC-y reminder not to discuss win conditions. Makes me a kinda wary of Tood tbh.

Unvote: Midorikawa
I'm not sure as to how to approach this game right now because of the format. Chipping comes off as pointless at this stage since I don't have much to go on.

I don't doubt Mido's claim right now, mainly because mafia claiming indep is a bit odd, and there's no particular reason to suspect anything majorly anti-town right now. If her target is Town, that's slightly problematic, but if she doesn't know who they are, there's no point in her going against Town right now. She is best off ignored for now until we get a bit further into the game.

I'm just thinking that she should use her ability as she sees fit, since being instructed by anyone to use it just seems risky to me no matter the circumstance. Though OC later on may be best if someone else manages to garner up some of her trust and we have more information to work on.

I think that DawningWinds is looking a bit scummy actually. None of their posts so far amount to much besides "I dont know". Or just restating stuff that we already know.

I surmise it’s at least possible another role can exist in the game with this mechanic.
From the text in your role pm I ...
I'm just thinking that she should use her ability as she sees fit, since being instructed by anyone to use it just seems risky to me no matter the circumstance. Though OC later on may be best if someone else manages to garner up some of her trust and we have more information to work on.

......Tood doesn’t say town. Tood says I should use my ability and trust people in oc. This sounds like they're saying it’s okay for me to chat privately with mafia.

Unvote: whoever my vote is on

And anyone else having issues with bolding on mobile?

I think that DawningWinds is looking a bit scummy actually. None of their posts so far amount to much besides "I dont know". Or just restating stuff that we already know.
Well, what can I say? I have no reads yet. At least I'm not trying to push a lynch on anyone who puts pressure on me.

Besides, if I were scum, I'd probably attempt to replicate my playstyle from last game because the only thing anyone found suspicious was me voting and unvoting in the same post(which was a joke), me claiming to be roleblocked(which did happen, thanks Mido), and me, despite being super-paranoid D1, letting my role slip(which was an accident). If I were scum, then I'd be trying to look over-paranoid of everything right now, in order to make myself look town and seem consistent with my meta. Now, that's not to say that I'm not noticing things, but I've taken note that not every teeny tiny thing I notice D1 does not make a player scum. However, I'm willing to take one point of damage, or even die if it comes down to it, to get information that benfits the town. Now, if my role were cop, I'd be doing everything I could to get votes off me, but since I'm not cop, or anything particularly important(don't even think I have anything that I'm allowed to claim), I'm not too big of a loss(of course, town death is still town death, but better me than someone with a powerful role), especially since I've figured zero things out and currently find nobody particularly suspicious.

And anyone else having issues with bolding on mobile?
Put the letter "b" in brackets(like these []), type would you want to have bolded, then type "/b" in brackets after it. It's generally more reliable than just pressing the button at the top.

Yeah I think you cant bold on mobile.
What lie is this? I only ever use Bulbagarden on mobile, and I've bolded every single vote I've made!

What lie is this? I only ever use Bulbagarden on mobile, and I've bolded every single vote I've made!
Why are you accusing me of lying about forum mechanics? I just didnt know xD But yeah, this is a very big brain play in which I convince Mido that bolding is impossible. That will ruin her chances of winning I'm sure!

I'm not sure as to how to approach this game right now because of the format. Chipping comes off as pointless at this stage since I don't have much to go on.

I don't doubt Mido's claim right now, mainly because mafia claiming indep is a bit odd, and there's no particular reason to suspect anything majorly anti-town right now. If her target is Town, that's slightly problematic, but if she doesn't know who they are, there's no point in her going against Town right now. She is best off ignored for now until we get a bit further into the game.

Ok, this at least makes your thought process a little clearer, thank you.
From the text in your role pm I assume?
It doesn’t really hint one way or the other if another role like it exists. It’s just a guess I have due to why my role has the passive effect that it does, which is something I can’t specifically claim without heading into rulebreaking territory. And again, there may not be another role quite like it present at all, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom