• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War of the Super-Men: Endgame, Town Victory

1. I checked again and it isn’t in my Role PM!!
Then I'm going to have to
Vote: HumanDawn

Because it's pretty clear in mine
You asked what the point of a player having two would be as it wouldn't benefit Town much more than someone being able to volunteer twice and weren't sure how Mafia would benefit.
So I simply pointed out perhaps the Interpendent can gain from it, we don't know their win con, so it's pure speculation

Then I'm going to have to
Vote: HumanDawn

Because it's pretty clear in mine

Huh? What’s so strange about that?

It is actually in the Opening Post of the game, oops, but I think I am so confused because of how unclear everything is to me and with some answers I get questions that confuse those answers or make me forget them

“Either a player may volunteer (in their role PM) to give up their Kryptonite, or one will be randomly chosen to do so. “

Can Kryptonite be volunteered at any point in the game? Day Phases only, Night Phases only, or both? If, say, it is done via PM in the Day Phase, say I tell DekuNut to give it to ZinnLav, then she will have to first be notified by the host that she received it. Or do we PM them immediately so they know as soon as they are available? Seems like it is probably a night phase thing otherwise it is too complicated... which means that DawningWinds is the only player today that if they vote on a lynch wagon which ends up with the most votes in the game, the lynch wagon will be lynched.

Can Kryptonite be volunteered at any point in the game? Day Phases only, Night Phases only, or both? If, say, it is done via PM in the Day Phase, say I tell DekuNut to give it to ZinnLav, then she will have to first be notified by the host that she received it. Or do we PM them immediately so they know as soon as they are available? Seems like it is probably a night phase thing otherwise it is too complicated... which means that DawningWinds is the only player today that if they vote on a lynch wagon which ends up with the most votes in the game, the lynch wagon will be lynched.
That's not how I interpreted it to work.

The way I interpreted it is that unless someone offers to consume their Kryptonite during the day phase, then the lynch wagon they're on won't go through. If nobody volunteers to consume their Kryptonite, then the lynch doesn't work.

Also this isn't accurately reflected in the OP so I'm gonna bring it to attention here.
NOTE: there was a mistake in the Role PMs. In the section that describes lynches, it contradicts itself by both saying that the kryptonite will be randomized if no one volunteers and that the lynch wont go through without a volunteer. Only the latter is true.
It nobody uses their Kryptonite then THE LYNCH DOES NOTHING! Important fact for people to remember!

That's not how I interpreted it to work.

The way I interpreted it is that unless someone offers to consume their Kryptonite during the day phase, then the lynch wagon they're on won't go through. If nobody volunteers to consume their Kryptonite, then the lynch doesn't work.

OOOo

“CONSUME”

that’s why there is a limited amount of kills... wait so there is no giving of kryptonite...?? Or is there both? Consume to make lynch go through, then after the lynch they become voteless unless given kryptonite ? So, then the Day phase is when you can consume Kryptonite, and the Night Phase when you can volunteer?

so if there is no kryptonite left then town auto loses from losing their lynch ability?

Also if somebody has lots of kryptonite and they die... does that get lost??

I dunno it sounds like you're not sure what's going on and that's making me confused and I need this confirmed by the host.

@DekuNut, can you please explain the kryptonite system in short dot points, with specific attention paid to the questions of "Can you give your kryptonite to another player?", and "Does your vote count towards the total if you do not have kryptonite?"

5. I think I get it - you give up Kryptonite but at the end, you become Voteless.
No. Your votes still contribute to the majority if you don't have Kryptonite. However, a person with no Kryptonite cannot secure a lynch on their own, but if two wagons are tied and a person without Kryptonite joins one, the one they joined becomes the lynch target.

so if there is no kryptonite left then town auto loses from losing their lynch ability?
When I asked about it during sign-ups, Deku said the Mafia need Kryptonite to nightkill. I think if there's no Kryptonite left, the game would probably end in a draw.

Also if somebody has lots of kryptonite and they die... does that get lost??
Possibly. I'm not sure having multiple Kryptonite is actually possible in this game, though.

"Does your vote count towards the total if you do not have kryptonite?"
Yes.

So, then the Day phase is when you can consume Kryptonite, and the Night Phase when you can volunteer?
No, you can volunteer it during the day, and it's consumed at the end for the lynch to go through. You can also consume it at night if you have a killing role, as per this:
So wait- Do the scums' nightkills also require Kryptonite?

which means that DawningWinds is the only player today that if they vote on a lynch wagon which ends up with the most votes in the game, the lynch wagon will be lynched.
I can't cause a lynch except by breaking a tie.

.... Ho?

So if the Mafia has no Kryptonite - then they can not kill somebody.

What stops Town from continuously No Lynching till the Mafia uses all of it? Feels like this has actually already been considered and there might be a Kryptonite thief. In that case, saying you do not have Kryptonite might be a bad idea.

Didn’t know this had started (thanks Deku) I’m currently uhhh, busy, so this’ll have to be short.
Can somebody explain what the point of Kryptonite is?

1. How do I volunteer Kryptonite? In-thread or Role PM?

2. What strategy does it add to the game?

3. Can somebody have more than one Kryptonite?

4. If yes, then what is the point? How does Town benefit from having multiple Kryptonite? What harm can Mafia do with more Kryptonite?

5. What is the point of Kryptonite’s lynch preventive abilities on the player if they can just volunteer it themselves and be able to lynch?
What I’m wondering is why you didn’t simply pm the mod all these questions since some of them are clearly host questions and you’re not stupid.

How can you expect the other players to know if you yourself don’t know? I fail to see what you’re like of reasoning was in posting those questions here when it’s pretty clear that if you can’t find the answers than the mod is theone to ask

Wasn’t laziness since you spent the time posting them so what was it

Vote: Lone

Been a while fren

.... Ho?

So if the Mafia has no Kryptonite - then they can not kill somebody.

What stops Town from continuously No Lynching till the Mafia uses all of it? Feels like this has actually already been considered and there might be a Kryptonite thief. In that case, saying you do not have Kryptonite might be a bad idea.
Well, there's the fact that we have no way of knowing whose Kryptonite has been used at night unless they admit to have done so, which I'm guessing they won't. A Kryptonite thief could be possible, or the Mafia might have another way of gaining Kryptonite- If they don't have any way of getting more, then they only have three nightkills.

Didn’t know this had started (thanks Deku) I’m currently uhhh, busy, so this’ll have to be short.

What I’m wondering is why you didn’t simply pm the mod all these questions since some of them are clearly host questions and you’re not stupid.

How can you expect the other players to know if you yourself don’t know? I fail to see what you’re like of reasoning was in posting those questions here when it’s pretty clear that if you can’t find the answers than the mod is theone to ask

Wasn’t laziness since you spent the time posting them so what was it

Vote: Lone

Been a while fren

Ehh. I feel like only 1 and 3 are host answerable questions, and they're questions I already asked in my Role PM, but decided to ask again to help make it more clear in-thread. 2, 4 and 5 have things players have to figure out themselves, and I don't think hosts are allowed to give strategy advice? It's good to talk about new mechanics to help clear up how they work to everyone, so when applied, we don't risk making bad moves from ignorance, and it seems that it wasn't just me with these questions. I'm kind of surprised that so many players posted before me but only talked about it in note from DawningWinds claiming he didn't have one.

Well, there's the fact that we have no way of knowing whose Kryptonite has been used at night unless they admit to have done so, which I'm guessing they won't. A Kryptonite thief could be possible, or the Mafia might have another way of gaining Kryptonite- If they don't have any way of getting more, then they only have three nightkills.

It's possible that some normal Mafia roles could have a Kryptonite "stealing" mechanic attached to them. Like, a Roleblocker who blocks a Night Action steals their Kryptonite (if any), and i'm doubtful this exists a Doctor who successfully protects somebody can take their Kryptonite.

Either a player may volunteer (in their role PM) to give up their Kryptonite, or one will be randomly chosen to do so.

@DekuNut if random choice is necessary, will you be randomly choosing someone who has Kryptonite, or a random player who may or may not have Kryptonite?

if he posts in thread, the host answers in thread, giving the information to the entire town

@DekuNut if random choice is necessary, will you be randomly choosing someone who has Kryptonite, or a random player who may or may not have Kryptonite?
NOTE: there was a mistake in the Role PMs. In the section that describes lynches, it contradicts itself by both saying that the kryptonite will be randomized if no one volunteers and that the lynch wont go through without a volunteer. Only the latter is true.
Neither.

It's possible that some normal Mafia roles could have a Kryptonite "stealing" mechanic attached to them. Like, a Roleblocker who blocks a Night Action steals their Kryptonite (if any), and i'm doubtful this exists a Doctor who successfully protects somebody can take their Kryptonite.
That could be possible, or, maybe the nightkill is what steals the Kryptonite? It would make sense considering a dead Superman would have no way of stopping his Kryptonite from being taken, and the Mafia would most likely want to replace the Kryptonite they used to kill said Superman, and it would allow for the Mafia to continue nightkilling even if one member died.

...That probably makes no sense and is most likely wrong anyway.

Back
Top Bottom