• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I still can't see them patching in older Pokemon, as that would put people off of buying the new games. That's why I think that GF never did it.

But they are already confirmed to be doing exactly that twice this year!!!
They are offering a free update for 200 older Pokemon, you don't need to buy the expansion pass to receive them.

I still can't see them patching in older Pokemon, as that would put people off of buying the new games. That's why I think that GF never did it.
IF the remakes have new-old Pokémon, why wouldn't they patch them in for Sw/Sh? I don't get your point.

People would need the newer games to get the returning 'mons.
Game Freak has long kept new forms and Pokemon behind new games to force people to buy them. This was the case with ORAS's new Megas and all the new Pokemon USUM added. They want people to actually buy the new games, not stick with the old ones and have the new Pokemon traded into them. That's capitalism for you.

Game Freak has long kept new forms and Pokemon behind new games to force people to buy them. This was the case with ORAS's new Megas and all the new Pokemon USUM added. They want people to actually buy the new games, not stick with the old ones and have the new Pokemon traded into them. That's capitalism for you.
You could say the same for the expansions yet they allowed for trades to have returningDLC pokemon, if they will add brand pokemon/forms in the next games, then they will possibly be untransferrable ,especially since we don't know if the new DLC pokemon will be tradable. But tbf, this is an odd situation that pokemon never went through (the gen 3 case is kinda similar but it's a time without DLC),so there isn't much to base our predictions on.

Unique features and environs do just that. Why have older remakes been popular, otherwise. They have the tech now, they can do it.

The 4-6 new forms or Pokémon in a new game have never been the selling points.
They have been, on several occasions. Ash even got Poipole, a Pokemon that was added in an expansion game.

They have been, on several occasions. Ash even got Poipole, a Pokemon that was added in an expansion game.
And how's that a selling point? Anyway, the argument doesn't hold up, as we're getting no third versions but expansions WITH new Pokémon and forms which are transferable.

Remakes never had new forms as selling points, the remastered region was always the selling point itself. The experience. Look at Heartgold/Soulsilver, for example.

And how's that a selling point? Anyway, the argument doesn't hold up, as we're getting no third versions but expansions WITH new Pokémon and forms which are transferable.

Remakes never had new forms as selling points, the remastered region was always the selling point itself. The experience. Look at Heartgold/Soulsilver, for example.
Well, that was before each generation got their own unique gimmick.

Well, that was before each generation got their own unique gimmick.

But only one generation with a “gimmick” has had a remake following the initial pair. Not that patterns are reliable with this franchise anyway, but there’s not even a pattern here yet.

To get people to buy the new games, duh.
I’d say the additional Pokémon are not the deciding factor in buying a new game, especially when the Pokémon don't have that flair of being brand new. Very few people buy a new game just for the additional Pokémon. I think most people would have still bought ORAS even if XY was patched. I figure the reason GameFreak doesn't patch is because they don't think it's worth the effort to add in a few more 'mons/forms. If someone isn't going to buy the second pair of games this generation, I doubt the remaining Pokémon being patched in would change their mind in most cases. GameFreak patching in Pokémon for SwSh would have a negligible effect on the sales of the second pair of games in a generation.

Last edited:
They literally can't, because they aren't creating a separate game.
But they're creating something they want you to buy. You stated 'same-generation-but-different-game'-exclusivity of certain forms/Pokémon as an argument for buying the game, but people without the expansion are still able to get the old-new Pokémon, making your point invalid.

They literally can't, because they aren't creating a separate game.
I see what you're getting at, but, if GameFreak didn't patch in additional forms/Pokémon into previous games to encourage people to buy the newest additions, then why would they allow players to obtain the additional Pokémon in the passes through trading or HOME? Considering the fact that GameFreak barred players from transferring Mew from GO to LGPE, meaning that the only way to obtain the Pokémon was through purchasing the Pokéball Plus, couldn't they similarly bar players from being able to transfer those Pokémon to SwSh unless they were caught in the expansion pass? You could make the argument that such a practice would spark backlash, which might hurt sales, but the outrage over Dexit or even the Pokéball Plus Mew didn't damage sales all that much to my knowledge.

I see what you're getting at, but, if GameFreak didn't patch in additional forms/Pokémon into previous games to encourage people to buy the newest additions, then why would they allow players to obtain the additional Pokémon in the passes through trading or HOME? Considering the fact that GameFreak barred players from transferring Mew from GO to LGPE, meaning that the only way to obtain the Pokémon was through purchasing the Pokéball Plus, couldn't they similarly bar players from being able to transfer those Pokémon to SwSh unless they were caught in the expansion pass? You could make the argument that such a practice would spark backlash, which might hurt sales, but the outrage over Dexit or even the Pokéball Plus Mew didn't damage sales all that much to my knowledge.
Beside the point, but I do hope that Gamefreak has learned a thing or three from Sword/Shield. Even if the games were a big financial succes. Plenty of Japanese players were not that happy, either. I just hope the developers keep us oldies in their minds.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom